Anybody else notice a new peaceful easy feeling about the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I graduated HS in 2001. Became a fan in 2006. And as stated in my previous post, didn’t watch Faulk play. But all that is irrelevant...

What is relevant is what I responded to. Faulk wasn’t way better than Gurley.

Now, if you say that Faulk was better because he sustained it over a long time, then that’s clearly obvious. But for one to say that Faulk is way better than Gurley, that’s where I have an issue.
your opinion.gif

You have your opinion, and a right to it! But your wrong. Go watch some film!

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I graduated HS in 2001. Became a fan in 2006.

Jesus JR. You picked a bad year to become a Rams fan. But besides that glad you are still one and hung in with the rest of us.

Speaking of, anyone seen DCH lately? He can comeback to the darkside if he wants to.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
My all time favorite song...I like the way your diamond earrings lay against your skin so brown...reminds me of my first girlfriend. A sweet Latina gal that I never really got over.

Thanks for posting, I have it on loop in my office now. Over and over again. Never can get too much Eagles.

That same lyric reminds me of a girl I never went for and really should have ... a great song, but kind of bittersweet for yours truly.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I graduated HS in 2001. Became a fan in 2006. And as stated in my previous post, didn’t watch Faulk play. But all that is irrelevant...

What is relevant is what I responded to. Faulk wasn’t way better than Gurley.

Now, if you say that Faulk was better because he sustained it over a long time, then that’s clearly obvious. But for one to say that Faulk is way better than Gurley, that’s where I have an issue.

Marshall was, WAY better than Todd. Not even close man.

Faulk is a top 3 RB all time in my book....even if some people rated him lower, it should be top 5 at worst.

He's one of the best elusive backs of all time. The best receiving back of all time. The best pass protecting back of all time. He's 7th all time in TDs.

Todd is a special player, but think about this: Todd is on pace for 2000 yards and 20 TDs...in an offense where he's the focal point.

Marshall's numbers for his first three years with the Rams:

2429 total yards, 12 TDs

2189 yards, 26 TDs

2147 yards, 21 TDs

And Marshall did this averaging over 5 ypc, playing for an OC that wanted to pass on every play.

Steven Jackson once had this season:

2334 yards, 16 TDs

But he was nowhere near Marshall either. You probably have to have watched Marshall play. He's one of the best football players of all time.

JRobinson

MiLB
Marshall was, WAY better than Todd. Not even close man.

Faulk is a top 3 RB all time in my book....even if some people rated him lower, it should be top 5 at worst.

He's one of the best elusive backs of all time. The best receiving back of all time. The best pass protecting back of all time. He's 7th all time in TDs.

Todd is a special player, but think about this: Todd is on pace for 2000 yards and 20 TDs...in an offense where he's the focal point.

Marshall's numbers for his first three years with the Rams:

2429 total yards, 12 TDs

2189 yards, 26 TDs

2147 yards, 21 TDs

And Marshall did this averaging over 5 ypc, playing for an OC that wanted to pass on every play.

Steven Jackson once had this season:

2334 yards, 16 TDs

But he was nowhere near Marshall either. You probably have to have watched Marshall play. He's one of the best football players of all time.

Todd is the focal point because he’s the best player. He doesn’t have Holt, and Bruce like Faulk did. Faulk also didn’t play against the athletes of today, which is why you won’t see seasons like those you mentioned very much from anybody going forward. This is a different game than when Faulk played. I’m not arguing the greatness of Faulk... he’s one of the greatest and everyone knows that. But he’s not way better than Todd. Way better would be the right term if Todd was Malcom Brown.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Todd is the focal point because he’s the best player. He doesn’t have Holt, and Bruce like Faulk did. Faulk also didn’t play against the athletes of today, which is why you won’t see seasons like those you mentioned very much from anybody going forward. This is a different game than when Faulk played. I’m not arguing the greatness of Faulk... he’s one of the greatest and everyone knows that. But he’s not way better than Todd. Way better would be the right term if Todd was Malcom Brown.

You didn't see, you didn't watch. Marshall was a coach on the field. He even took over a game all by himself against the Saints. He could have played Wide Receiver, he was a better receiver probably than we have on the team now. He was faster more agile than Gurley.

Gurley is pretty darned good. But he is not even in the league of Faulk. Faulk could still play in today's NFL and put up the same kind of numbers.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'll ease up on JRob when he takes the time to actually look at Faulk highlights and realize what a great RB he was.

I've watched every snap of both Faulk and Gurley, and right now Gurley is not nearly as good as Faulk was in his prime. Not saying he won't get there though.

JRob, if you're a real Ram fan, you really should. Watching Faulk do his thing will be a real treat for ya.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I appreciate ya bud. But I’m not really offended by peeps on a message board.

Plus, as I said, I never watched Faulk.
I always crack up at silly comments like "if you're a Rams fan you'd do XY and Z" Silly and unecessary. Watch him if you want, I never watched Deacon Jones or Roman Gabriel or countless others. Doesn't make me any less of a Rams fan just makes me younger than some others.

JRobinson

MiLB
You didn't see, you didn't watch. Marshall was a coach on the field. He even took over a game all by himself against the Saints. He could have played Wide Receiver, he was a better receiver probably than we have on the team now. He was faster more agile than Gurley.

Gurley is pretty darned good. But he is not even in the league of Faulk. Faulk could still play in today's NFL and put up the same kind of numbers.

Of course I didn’t see, didn’t watch. I think I’ve said that like 3 times now.

It’s also fine if you have a different opionion by making it known on my other posts via the icon selection; I could care less.

Gurley is arguably the best RB in the league right now so to say that the current best RB in the NFL isn’t even in the same league as Faulk is oblivious.

I’ll digress in this one.

Thanks for the convos.

JRobinson

MiLB
I always crack up at silly comments like "if you're a Rams fan you'd do XY and Z" Silly and unecessary. Watch him if you want, I never watched Deacon Jones or Roman Gabriel or countless others. Doesn't make me any less of a Rams fan just makes me younger than some others.

Exactly. It’s kinda sad that other “hardcore fans” feel like it’s necessary to slide in little personal cheap shots just because they don’t agree. Don’t we pull for the same team?

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Ya, its crazy. Knowing we are legit and just starting what appears to be a run as a good team. Less stress talking about our Rams. Just wonder what Goff and the young receivers continue will be able to do in year 2!!! Reynolds,TEs,Cooper etc.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I disagree. Way better is the term.

There's nothing that Todd does on the field better than Marshall.

He's physically impressive, but so was Marshall. They're close if you just take that into account - but between the ears is what separates them right now, and IMO it's "way better".

JRobinson

MiLB

He's physically impressive, but so was Marshall. They're close if you just take that into account - but between the ears is what separates them right now, and IMO it's "way better".

Fair enough brother. On to Huston.

jap

Legend

Disagree! Todd hurdles defenders way, way better than Marshall and a whole ton of other folk. :LOL: