Anybody else concerned about Quick's full recovery?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
You saw with Britt, and the emergence of Quick before injury, just how game-changing a big-bodied WR can be in the NFC West, the league at large, and particularly, Rams QBs.

Quick and Britt were open for big plays, and QBs failed to get it to them a lot.

I want insurance for Quick. I think he can bee the guy, but...Tavon hasn't shown much of anything yet at WR, so, no reason to lay eggs in that basket.

Why is DGB mentioned so much here?

A legit 6'5, maybe a tad taller, 225LBs, runs like a deer >= 4.4/40

We could run a 4 pass-catching set of 6'3 Quick/Britt, 6'5 Cook, 6'5 DGB.

Call em the ENTS.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
if Quick's not ready a healthy Bradford should still have no problem with Britt and Bailey on the outside and if Schotty can get his head out of his ass Tavon would be explosive too. no wasting high picks on recievers

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Hope you're right, Jorge. I really do.

But I remember Quick saying that he thought it was just a simple dislocation at the time and that he thought they could just snap it back into place and that he could go back out on the field and play.

Since then, we've learned that there was considerable damage sustained, including at least 3 torn ligaments. The inside of his shoulder was described as looking like spaghetti. Much more damage than they at first had thought.

So we went from "just snap it back into place" to "spaghetti" by surgery's end.

I don't know the typical time frame for a shoulder rehab, but Quick is reportedly not gonna see the field before camp in July. At the earliest.

Another bit of food for thought. Typically we hear reports like "surgery went very well", "player is ahead of schedule", "doctors very pleased by progress", etc. We're not hearing those things, are we?

We're hearing that he MIGHT see the practice field by July, a full 9 months after his surgery.

We've seen what happened with J Long and Bradford after glowing reports of their respective rehabs. So color me a bit skeptical.

You'll have to pardon me if I'm a little concerned about whether Quick will actually be 100% by opening day. Quick is a big cog in our planned O for '15 and my "Spidey sense" is tingling.

We all saw the results of disappointing QB shortfall last year. I would hate to have an improperly planned WR situation for next year.

All I'm suggesting is that S/F should take all this into account and may need to elevate WR on our hierarchy of offseason needs. Maybe a top WR falls into our lap in the draft. Maybe a Britt type FA could be snagged for injury insurance.

I'm sure that S/F are miles ahead of me on this. Just trying to stimulate a little board discussion here.

I can definitely understand the feeling to be cautious, I'm just trying to point out that it is misplaced. For one, being "spaghetti" is hardly a medical terminology that shouldn't be taken too seriously at all. Same goes for Quick thinking it was fine. Players with concussions want to go back in as well when they are clearly not fine. So that has no bearing on the real severity of injury.

Second, we aren't hearing those reports probably because no one outside of St.Louis gives a damn. Not too many people outside the Rams family even know about Quick so reporters sure as hell don't want to write about him. Long and Bradford were both more nationally relevant with being top draft picks and all.

Also, knee surgery is a completely different animal then a shoulder injury. Bradford had a shoulder injury to his throwing arm and recovered fine from it.

And finally, WR isn't nearly as important as the QB position (Ask Tom Brady) especially when we have 2 or arguably 3 other receivers (Britt, Bailey, and maybe Austin) to adequately fill the position. Our receivers played fine without him given the circumstances at QB. Again, if Britt isn't resigned my mind changes on our need for a WR, but if he is signed than it isn't a need because Quick will come back eventually and be fine.

I will agree to draft an elite WR if they fall into our lap though. You should draft any player you feel is elite regardless of position. You can never have enough elite players the need for WR is still far down the list. We need 2-3 OL, a QB, DB, & LB before we need a WR.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I would think real hard about Parker. Let's face it, Tavon is NOT a #1 receiver. Britt is a free agent, and he is not going to pass up what might be his last big payday to give the good guys a hometown discount. I realize there were a lot of circumstances that went into it, but the fact remains the top WR currently on the 2015 roster had 435 yards receiving for the entire season.

This is just like the OL thing, they have thrown tons of draft picks at the problem, but never really addressed it. I think Parker has the makings of a true #1, like Watkins last year. If Scherff is there, I take him. If not, I would love to see them trade down 4 or 5 spots and add Parker.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
the Rams need a top receiving talent, which DGB is, IF he can be controlled from his self destructive behavior. 6'5" 225 i think, with great hands. just doesnt think off the field.

So he's not this year's TJ Moe?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
As long as we use him sparingly until midseason, he'll be fine. Heck, I'll be fine with Bradford not taking snaps from week 1 to midseason if it assures preventing long term injuries.