Any room for Bortles in the MVP discussion along with Keenum? I think so.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Yes I'm dense.

So lets see some other stats that prove LF is a good RB.

Bell HAS been a top back. But he isn't this year so far. Yes maybe he can be again next year........

And we aren't talking about him are we..........

And by the way Bell and the others on that list have not had as many crap games combined as Fournette has had on his own.

Lol, you must be kidding? Bell hasn't been a top back this year?! This just keeps getting better!

P.S. Most teams consider averaging over 100 YPG a success, which is what Fournette is doing.

Pape

UDFA
Niether of these guys are top 10 QB's but that's not what I said. They are both a direct reason their teams are in the conversation for a SB trip. Without them where are these teams going?

Not for nothing, but the Jacksonville & Minnesota defenses are 1/2 in points scored. They are also 5/3 in top/g, so imo those two metrics show that the defenses are the direct reason both those teams are in the race.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think people are too quick to give up on QBs.

That's a fact, and it's not just fans it's GM's too.

Lol, you must be kidding? Bell hasn't been a top back this year?! This just keeps getting better!

P.S. Most teams consider averaging over 100 YPG a success, which is what Fournette is doing.

Fournette averages 84 YPG, and it's only that high because of two big games. He has as many games under 60 yards than over 100 yards. 5 of each.

He's played 11 games and he's been the definition of up and down.

Bell is having an "off year" so to speak and his YPC is down, as you pointed out in a previous post. Being out has not helped him at all. I'm sure he'll be back, he's excellent and has proven it.

LF on the other hand hasn't proven anything yet.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
That's a fact, and it's not just fans it's GM's too.

Fournette averages 84 YPG, and it's only that high because of two big games. He has as many games under 60 yards than over 100 yards. 5 of each.

He's played 11 games and he's been the definition of up and down.

Bell is having an "off year" so to speak and his YPC is down, as you pointed out in a previous post. Being out has not helped him at all. I'm sure he'll be back, he's excellent and has proven it.

LF on the other hand hasn't proven anything yet.

Do you not know what total yards per game means? It means rushing and receiving yards combined. Fournette has played in 11 games and has 1136 yards from scrimmage. And he left early because of injury in a few of those games. Like I said, just be prepared to eat a lot of crow next year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you not know what total yards per game means? It means rushing and receiving yards combined. Fournette has played in 11 games and has 1136 yards from scrimmage. And he left early because of injury in a few of those games. Like I said, just be prepared to eat a lot of crow next year.

Maybe. But not this year.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
giphy.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Bortles is under contract for next year. I was always of the opinion that we could see good things from him this year if the Jags defense and running game play well because Bortles will regain the confidence he once had simply by virtue of team success and pressure being alleviated from him. If he continues to play well this year, they'll bring him back under the fifth-year option next year. If he has another good year, he'll earn an extension.

I think people are too quick to give up on QBs. Most QBs don't hit their prime until around 27 years old. People treat young QBs like they should be prime Peyton Manning. Not every team gets a Brady or a Manning or a Rodgers. Sometimes, you just have to accept that you have a good enough QB and leave it at that. People always want what they can't have.

So where's my pony, dangit???

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think we all appreciate your... well, let's just say...the G-rated simile...

G-rated? Meh, I'm going straight to R-rated.

Bortles blows like a hundred courtesans in a medieval brothel.