Any news on Obo??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am assuming he will be healthy coming into camp this year. Just wondering if anybody has heard any news about him.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
He was cleared mid last season. My guess is he will be competing to be Fowlers replacement next season.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He was cleared mid last season. My guess is he will be competing to be Fowlers replacement next season.
Thanks guys. I knew he was cleared, I am just surprised that I haven't heard anything about him since then.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ogbonnia "Obo" Okoronkwo has been chasing QB Brandon Allen around inside a fence to enhance his quickness and change of direction. Now with QB John Wolford, the Rams felt this was the best way to utilize Brandon Allen!
helmet.jpg

dang

Legend
I doubt we can afford Fowler next year, we need to pay Goff.
Phillips covets an elite edge rusher so if Fowler breaks out this year - I believe they will lock him up for the next 4 years. If he has a good but not great year - Rams probably let him test the market and don't play the over-pay game (i.e. Sammy Watkins).

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ogbonnia "Obo" Okoronkwo has been chasing QB Brandon Allen around inside a fence to enhance his quickness and change of direction. Now with QB John Wolford, the Rams felt this was the best way to utilize Brandon Allen!
helmet.jpg

Ah, the old Greased Pig training.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That is of course unless Fowler really goes off an has a pro bowl type year.

Dante Folwer Jr.'s market value back early this year was low after never starting more 7 regular season games in four years.

2019 Market Value
  • 4 yrs, $36,644,672
  • Avg. Salary: $9.2 million
I would imagine that if DF does have a good season & can start a full season for the first time he will get offers from over half of the other NFL teams close to the Andrew Whitworth 2019 season $$$ range. I do not see the Rams having the ability to endure long enough in the bidding war for his services to sign him.

Rams have utilized draft assets from the 2017 & 2018 drafts to acquire ER's. Og Okoronkwo, Samson Ebukam, Trevon Young & Justin Lawler. This offseason they did sign former all-pro pass rusher Clay Matthews for 2 yrs & signed 2 fresh tweeners 34 D ER's in rookies Josh Carraway & Landis Durham. There is still a very good chance that Okoronkwo & Ebukam will turn out to be excellent investments yet.

I believe it's much more probable that Snead would prefer to go the much less expensive route & seek a dynamic Edge Rusher in the 2020 draft.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s healthy and should participate in all camps. That’s about the extent of what we know about any of the players since we’ve only had voluntary camps so far.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I beleive it's much more probale that Snead would prefer to go the much less expensive route & seek a dynamic Edge Rusher in the 2020 draft.

I agree Snead will be looking in the draft because Demoff will probably not overpay for that position.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams have drafted quite a few edge rushers in the last 3 years... hopefully one of them will break out. Yes I am a homer.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I would imagine that if DF does have a good season & can start a full season for the first time he will get offers from over half of the other NFL teams close to the Andrew Whitworth 2019 season $$$ range. I do not see the Rams having the ability to endure long enough in the bidding war for his services to sign him

What if Fowler likes playing for coach Phillips and the Rams? He may decide to give them a team friendly discount. This guy is looking for a home and may now have one with the Rams. I believe Fowler is more talented than any of the players mentioned above and even Matthews, at his age.

dang

Legend
What if Fowler likes playing for coach Phillips and the Rams? He may decide to give them a team friendly discount. This guy is looking for a home and may now have one with the Rams. I believe Fowler is more talented than any of the players mentioned above and even Matthews, at his age.
Name a player trying to get a lucrative 2nd contract who has given a team friendly discount. Those are generally reserved for vets who have already been paid.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Nothing against Obo, but it seems the other OLB the Rams drafted in the 6th round after him, Trevon Young, seems to go unnoticed on this board. If not for his Hip injury suffered at the end of hid Sophmore season @ Louisville, he probably gets drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.
Here is a highlight from last season of him dropping into coverage against the Fullback and then recovering a fumble forced by Samson.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CInyhAZ4IT8

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Nothing against Obo, but it seems the other OLB the Rams drafted in the 6th round after him, Trevon Young, seems to go unnoticed on this board. If not for his Hip injury suffered at the end of hid Sophmore season @ Louisville, he probably gets drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.
Here is a highlight from last season of him dropping into coverage against the Fullback and then recovering a fumble forced by Samson.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CInyhAZ4IT8

Didn't he get some playing time too? I thought he had a interception against the Winers. Did he get hurt? Hope the kid comes in healthy so he can give it his best shot

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Didn't he get some playing time too? I thought he had a interception against the Winers. Did he get hurt? "TY was a highly regarded pass rusher off his 2015 film before being sidelined with injury the following year." Hope the kid comes in healthy so he can give it his best shot
Yes some when Wade had most of all his still walking wounded Edge Rushers spending all their time in the trainer's room instead of on the field. By week 7 the Rams were in panic mode @ the OLB'er posts.

Trevon Young played in 2 games & saw his first snaps with the defense in the regular season in the 9ers gm wk 7 & had one very big play. TY lined up in the Samson Ebukam post in that 9ers game. He sure has excellent size for that position 6-4 260lbs. It was obvious that TY was not fully healthy yet. Thus Rams then made the trade for Dante Fowler @ that time.

I would believe that Wade & Barry have very high hopes in TY this season. He does have some very good overall skills as a pass rusher. However, his medical past will give us great concern. IMO....TY will either be fully healthy in TC & contribute and play or will be released.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/player-blurb-trevon-young-de-louisville/

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...t-louisville-pick-los-angeles-rams/547085002/

http://draftanalyst.com/trevon-young

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Idk.
If I'm Fowler. I'm going to take the most guaranteed money I can get.
This could very well be his only FA contract with his history of injury.