Antonio Brown doesn't show up for work. ruh roh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You guys, at least many of you, don't know the story and are jumping to conclusions here. This is a made up nothing.

He was responding to a guy who was essentially saying that he isn't all that and a bag of chips because BR makes him better.

So he responded trade me and find out to shut the guy up. Then he took a day off for a personal issue. And now people are calling him a whiner, a snowflake, and claiming he is throwing a hissy fit.

He and his agent are shaking their heads I'm sure.

The internet once again gets the story wrong.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
You guys, at least many of you, don't know the story and are jumping to conclusions here. This is a made up nothing.

He was responding to a guy who was essentially saying that he isn't all that and a bag of chips because BR makes him better.

So he responded trade me and find out to shut the guy up. Then he took a day off for a personal issue. And now people are calling him a whiner, a snowflake, and claiming he is throwing a hissy fit.

He and his agent are shaking their heads I'm sure.

The internet once again gets the story wrong.
I bet you right Les but I still think he's a snowflake :whistle:

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
and not sure who the next Head Coach will be because the Steelers like to be out of the box thinkers, but @Merlin is correct total rebuild coming.

Aubrey Pleasant. That's my way too early pick lol. Really though, if its not the Steelers I think Pleasant will be heading a sideline in the near future. If, god forbid, Wade decides to retire soon I hope the Rams can hold on to him until then.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Offer a fifth, Les.

And then flip him for his actual value. The Rams have a great receiving corps already. Get help elsewhere, or a bunch of picks.

But not a sixth. The sixth round are belong to us.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's really horrible to see this kind of smoke pouring out of the steelers' building.

Signed,

Hating everything about that franchise since 1979

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i will never understand the thinking behind people saying this qb made that wr. the wr gets open on his own by running great routes then catches the ball. how exactly does the qb make him?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Some info to straighten this out. It's pathetic how sports media is jamming this down people's throat when they KNOW there is no truth to him asking for a trade. In fact some fans are making it worse by throwing gas on the fire on the internet. It's laughable, yet sad at the same time.

It was started by a radio talking head that covers the Steelers with a Tweet that said "AB didn't show up for work today". And then everyone else took it out of the realm of reality and into what it is now.

By the way he "went to work" today LOL.

From Schefter:

1/2 Steelers' WR Antonio Brown's agent, Drew Rosenhaus: "The tweet yesterday was not in reference to anything other than Antonio responding to a person he knows. It was not directed towards a trade, or wanting to be trading. Any idea he was asking for a trade is not accurate.”

2/3 Rosenhaus: “Antonio had a personal matter. I talked to the team about it. His issue was unrelated to the tweet or his relationship with the team. Third, AB has an incredible drive to win. He just wants to win. That's all that that is.”

3/3 “That's not anything more than him encouraging his coaches and teammates to win. And that's what his entire focus is on. Any notion, any speculation otherwise, can be put to bed. This is a non-story that has been blown out of proportion. We can end this right here and now."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You guys, at least many of you, don't know the story and are jumping to conclusions here.

Yes. This is the service I provide around these parts. :p

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i will never understand the thinking behind people saying this qb made that wr. the wr gets open on his own by running great routes then catches the ball. how exactly does the qb make him?

By actually throwing him the ball

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Some info to straighten this out. It's pathetic how sports media is jamming this down people's throat when they KNOW there is no truth to him asking for a trade. In fact some fans are making it worse by throwing gas on the fire on the internet. It's laughable, yet sad at the same time.

It was started by a radio talking head that covers the Steelers with a Tweet that said "AB didn't show up for work today". And then everyone else took it out of the realm of reality and into what it is now.

By the way he "went to work" today LOL.

From Schefter:

1/2 Steelers' WR Antonio Brown's agent, Drew Rosenhaus: "The tweet yesterday was not in reference to anything other than Antonio responding to a person he knows. It was not directed towards a trade, or wanting to be trading. Any idea he was asking for a trade is not accurate.”

2/3 Rosenhaus: “Antonio had a personal matter. I talked to the team about it. His issue was unrelated to the tweet or his relationship with the team. Third, AB has an incredible drive to win. He just wants to win. That's all that that is.”

3/3 “That's not anything more than him encouraging his coaches and teammates to win. And that's what his entire focus is on. Any notion, any speculation otherwise, can be put to bed. This is a non-story that has been blown out of proportion. We can end this right here and now."
Hmmmmm.... yep. Don’t care. I like the narrative we have here better. :sneaky:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Hmmmmm.... yep. Don’t care. I like the narrative we have here better. :sneaky:
...besides, the agent leaping out front to say, “nothing to see here!” Is not all that convincing to me.

I don’t know one way or the other, but their is evidence, with the Bell situation, team comments, and the slow start, that the Steelers are one tossed cigarette away from a full-on dumpster fire.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone annoyed because they have him on their FFB team??
tenor.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
...besides, the agent leaping out front to say, “nothing to see here!” Is not all that convincing to me.

I don’t know one way or the other, but their is evidence, with the Bell situation, team comments, and the slow start, that the Steelers are one tossed cigarette away from a full-on dumpster fire.
Gotta ciggy?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's pathetic how sports media is jamming this down people's throat when they KNOW there is no truth to him asking for a trade.

That's all media not just the sports media and everybody that follows it and takes it to heart not just sports fans.