Andrew Luck to IR, won’t play in 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/02/andrew-luck-to-ir-wont-play-in-2017/

Andrew Luck to IR, won’t play in 2017
Posted by Josh Alper on November 2, 2017

630769604-e1509644509905.jpg

Getty Images

The Colts said Andrew Luck would be ready for the start of the 2017 season, but their only hope now is that they were just off by a year on a prediction that missed the mark by a wide margin.

Luck wasn’t ready for the start of the season after having surgery on his right shoulder this offseason, he wasn’t ready to play at any point in the first eight weeks of the season and he won’t be ready to play at any point in the final nine weeks.

The Colts announced on Thursday that Luck is going on injured reserve, which means he won’t be practicing or playing for the rest of the season. Now that the waiting game of many months has come to an end, the quarterback told the team’s website that he’s shifting his focus to 2018 and beyond.

I wish I was better and 100 percent this season, but that’s not the case,” Luck said. “I know I’ll be better from this. I know I’ll be a better quarterback, teammate, person and player from this, and I’m excited for the future.”

This development seemed inevitable when Luck’s return to practice was put to an end after a few days because the quarterback was having discomfort in his shoulder. He’s since gone to see other doctors in an ultimately futile search of an answer that might get him on the field this year.

Jacoby Brissett has been starting since Week Two and will likely continue to hold down the job as long as he’s healthy.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Smart move sit him load up on draft picks .. get him some protection and weapons

Trade Brissett to the Browns (coz the first rnd QB they take spontaneously combusts and he he walks of the airplane in Cleveland because .. the browns)

Colts start wining again

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Smart move sit him load up on draft picks .. get him some protection and weapons

Trade Brissett to the Browns (coz the first rnd QB they take spontaneously combusts and he he walks of the airplane in Cleveland because .. the browns)

Colts start wining again
Haha sad part is the Browns would probably do it

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I'm the Colts I'm hoping for a high pick to get one of those QBs and start the rebuild. Luck isn't the guy you rebuild with IMO. New regime in place next year who can develop a QB, and a high pick.

Trade Luck IMO. That's the way forward for them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, this makes too much sense. What good is there to bring him back this year?
The oline is deplorable and they are out of playoff contention
They'll bring Harbaugh back, draft some oline, get Luck all healthy and be back in playoff hunt next season

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If I'm the Colts I'm hoping for a high pick to get one of those QBs and start the rebuild. Luck isn't the guy you rebuild with IMO. New regime in place next year who can develop a QB, and a high pick.

Just please don't trade him to the 9ers or Cards

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Andrew Luck signed a five year contract extension worth $122,970,000 with the Colts on June 29, 2016. Colt here in 2017 just had a near 20 mil of this season salary cap on the sideline due to injury.....

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

Doubt it, Irsay is on my shitlist for terrible owners behind Spanos and he'll be stubborn enough to ruin Luck's career

Ram65

Legend
I wasn't a Luck guy even though he played hard. Hope he gets better. I guess they have to draft a QB. If he gets healthy and they get players around him he can make a nice comeback.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
He played with a hurt shoulder for all of 2016 and then in January of 2017 he had surgery on that shoulder. With him being out this long and it taking longer than expected for him to recover it makes me wonder if this is a career threatening injury. He may play next season but his skills could be permanently diminished enough for him to never be back to his old level.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Absolutely it is! And I mentioned in the thread about Cousins that the Colts are the dark horse in the Cousins drama. Trade him get players/picks and free up the space under the cap to write the check for Cousins.

Just please don't trade him to the 9ers or Cards

He'll go to the highest bidder that provides a big load of players and picks. IMO Luck hasn't lived up to the hype. He's good, but not excellent or elite. However someone will overpay because of the hype and potential, he's still young.

He'll make those teams better, but not good enough to catch the Rams.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With Luck going on the IR the 4 QB's taken in the 1st round in 2012 will have taken 0 snaps this season.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
With Luck going on the IR the 4 QB's taken in the 1st round in 2012 will have taken 0 snaps this season.
And yet there's that lazy eyed third round douchnozzle in Seattle....

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
So we should thank Fisher for tying the Browns (Final record) that season which screwed us for the Luck pick then.