Andre Johnson wants out of Houston

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I was saying this on another site the other day, it's a rarity that you can lose a HC to a "better" position and yet get an upgrade to replace him.
It's what a lot of people THOUGHT would be the case going from Shurmur to McDaniels...

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Like Boldin a few years back, the pick is not the real issue (though do to age, I wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder). The issue is the contract and the salary cap.
Meh... Demoff could work something out I'm positive.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Meh... Demoff could work something out I'm positive.
Could? Possibly.

Should? Different matter.

With anyone that age you have to worry that you're paying for their past production elsewhere more than their present production here.

I'd trust the Rams if they wanted to go there... but I also trust them in not even trying.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Could? Possibly.

Should? Different matter.

With anyone that age you have to worry that you're paying for their past production elsewhere more than their present production here.

I'd trust the Rams if they wanted to go there... but I also trust them in not even trying.
I just want 2 good years of production not a 5 year contract

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I just want 2 good years of production not a 5 year contract
But the question is how much do you pay for 2 good years of production, if you get that? Dude's going to want to get paid.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
But the question is how much do you pay for 2 good years of production, if you get that? Dude's going to want to get paid.
The answer is make what ever is works financially on the condition of the trade and if he's willing to get out Houston that bad. If not then it doesn't work to try.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
The answer is make what ever is works financially on the condition of the trade and if he's willing to get out Houston that bad. If not then it doesn't work to try.
I wouldn't be surprised if Snead put in a discreet inquiry to Houston. (He's not supposed to be calling Johnson as Johnson is under contract and that would be tampering, but that's rumored to be a very often broken rule.) But much as I personally think #1 WR is at the very least unproven for the Rams, I'd be very surprised if Johnson was in horns this year.

But I do think it'd cost us more between the trade and the contract than it'd be worth for us if it did.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I wouldn't be surprised if Snead put in a discreet inquiry to Houston. (He's not supposed to be calling Johnson as Johnson is under contract and that would be tampering, but that's rumored to be a very often broken rule.) But much as I personally think #1 WR is at the very least unproven for the Rams, I'd be very surprised if Johnson was in horns this year.

But I do think it'd cost us more between the trade and the contract than it'd be worth for us if it did.
Yeah if the wanted a 2nd I'd tell them to get bent