Although no one wants to hear it now, on the bright side...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
Fortunately, most of our roster comes back next year with the chance to replace a couple players who didn’t live up to expectations (Fowler, Joyner, Barron, etc).

I have a hard time believing the rams won’t get super aggressive and make some trades again, the fact that they were willing to trade for Mack after paying Donald’s tells you all you need to know, the rams are all in.

Our young team got the necessary expirance today, unfortunately we were on the wrong end of the game, but they will learn and come back, McVay is going to come back from this and learn, these guys are hungry. It’s going to be a long offseason but boy and I already looking forward to see what we do

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It takes a lot of work to get back to this game . No guarantees

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

You are correct!

Many years ago I watched an interview with Dan Marino. He was asked about how he felt after losing to the 49ers in the SB.

His response was brutally honest and should be a lesson to anyone playing in the SB.

He said it only bothered him a bit at the time because he was sure they would be back a few more times and win a couple. And he said that he didn't understand how hard it was to get there until years later.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I don't see a bright side. Outplayed in every facet of the game. Great season to be sure but this game sucked. Just what is there to be built upon? Reminded me of the Chicago game.:banghead:

janthony6

UDFA
This loss isn’t on McVay. It’s Goff. He was absolutely awful today.

He saw pressure he wasn’t used to and decided to make 1 read or decide at the line. He had open receivers down the field and crossing on many plays but was either late throwing or made the wrong decision.

This part of his game needs to improve big time. This was his weakness in college.

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. I mean, I'm glad they missed the call and I say there are missed calls all through games, but if they called that PI on us two weeks ago we aren't here. We earned it, but we were very fortunate.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I don't see a bright side. Outplayed in every facet of the game. Great season to be sure but this game sucked. Just what is there to be built upon? Reminded me of the Chicago game.:banghead:
Not every facet. Our punt game was far better than theirs. So much better that I think that even though they won, Hekker should be the SB MVP. We would have been killed with an average punter.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
Crap, I forgot Fowler was on his way out the door, too. I actually think he did OK for us. The statlines almost never showed it, but he was a stablizing force for us.

So going into next year, we're going to be down:

-2 offensive linemen, probably
-Fowler
-Suh
-Joyner (good)
-CJ will find someone willing to pay him more, as he earned another payday and chance to be a feature back
-Barron (whatever)

On top of our list of needs including linebackers, linebackers, and linebackers and a means to get our return game back to what it was 2 years ago.

Saffold, Shields, Littleton and Hill all need to be re-signed.

We're picking 31, and that, historically, is less than a coin flip (it's about 40/60 to work out). We're not carrying over any cap space into next year because we went all-in this year, though we will be taking in enough cash to sign two marquee players if we like (at the cost of the ones we're losing), though this puts us in a weird spot the following year with Peters coming up and Goff needing his extension.

FO has its work cut out for it.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Not every facet. Our punt game was far better than theirs. So much better that I think that even though they won, Hekker should be the SB MVP. We would have been killed with an average punter.
Hekker got some lucky rolls other than that I didn't think his placement was good except for the punt at the end of the first half.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Hekker got some lucky rolls other than that I didn't think his placement was good except for the punt at the end of the first half.
But the question is whether or not it was better than their punt game. I think it was.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
While it feels like it this is hardly the end of the world. The team is built well and for the future.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Big question? What player we acquire in the off-season would have made any difference?

janthony6

UDFA
I better number 1 WR than Cooks. He’s been great for us, but we had a chance at Odell. We needed to pounce on that

TexasRam

Legend
Goff is on a hall of fame trajectory.

IF Cooks catches two balls right on the money for TD’s the Rams beat the Pats.

There are tons of WR’s that come down with those balls including Kupp.

Tano

Legend
Goff is on a hall of fame trajectory.

IF Cooks catches two balls right on the money for TD’s the Rams beat the Pats.

There are tons of WR’s that come down with those balls including Kupp.
And that is it in a nutshell right there.

If we have Kupp - we win this game handily.

Reynolds was one on one all game and very seldom could shake his man

Kupp would have been open all game imho. And that would have led into Woods and Cooks being open.

Reynolds - he is decent but he is no Kupp.