Alaric Jackson Looks Like Real Deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Edwards-Helaire is terrible, a borderline bust. He couldn't beat out a constantly-injured Jerrick McKinnon, let alone Pacheco.
Plus we know as much about Zach Evans as we knew about Kyren Williams at the same point in his career. I believe you should draft a RB every year particularly if you have 10 picks or more.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Just food for thought... ideally we keep the Oline intact but sounds like the Rams will let Dotson test market and find what his value is and then see if they can match it. If he does leave, we may be in line to draft a very good LT in the draft.

In 2022, before AJ's blood clots shut him down, rams really liked his work at RG.

There's a world where he ends up there. Well, except per the reporting of one intrepid poster on here, AJ has said he's rather die than play any position but LT or long snapper.

RamWoodie

Legend
Just food for thought... ideally we keep the Oline intact but sounds like the Rams will let Dotson test market and find what his value is and then see if they can match it. If he does leave, we may be in line to draft a very good LT in the draft.

In 2022, before AJ's blood clots shut him down, rams really liked his work at RG.

There's a world where he ends up there. Well, except per the reporting of one intrepid poster on here, AJ has said he's rather die than play any position but LT or long snapper.
No doubt Dotson will be sought after. Hopefully he likes where he is with the Rams. It ain't always about money with a lot of players but more about the organization... then the money...and as long as it's comparable to the going rate, they're happy.

WestCoastRam

Legend
It ain't always about money with a lot of players but more about the organization... then the money...and as long as it's comparable to the going rate, they're happy.
But it is. It mostly mostly is.

(Especially 2nd contracts, that's the most important contract for most players.)

(And that's fine that it's mostly about the money, these guys put their bodies and health on the line. Get your bag kings, even if I don't like it!)

(Why can't I stop writing in parentheses?!?)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to say, I thought that the price range on Dotson was going to be in the 12-15 range and that he might cap out at 17 per.
If he's up near 20 mill I can see where
clint-eastwood-magnum-force.gif

WestCoastRam

Legend
I have to say, I thought that the price range on Dotson was going to be in the 12-15 range and that he might cap out at 17 per.
If he's up near 20 mill I can see where
clint-eastwood-magnum-force.gif
I think we all need to keep in mind, it's not what we think he's worth.

It's what the market will pay. I suspect it could be 16+ for a team like the Titans, Texans, Commodes, or Pats.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we all need to keep in mind, it's not what we think he's worth.

It's what the market will pay. I suspect it could be 16+ for a team like the Titans, Texans, Commodes, or Pats.
Agreed, and 16 I would hope the Rams would pay, 18-20? NFW

RamWoodie

Legend
Except Saffold was actually good when he played.
I won't say Boom was as good as Saffold...but Boom is good. He stepped up on left and right tackle as well as right guard and held up well.

If Boom is gone...mark my words...he will be missed!

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I think Doctson is a must re-sign IMO. We have the cap room. If he really is looking for $20M, give it to him, but for 1 year only. We can absorb it for this season. If he plays as a top 3 guard for another year, well, it's a good problem to have and we can re-assess next off-season what we want to do, perhaps while even grooming a successor depending on if we draft any promising o-line prospects this draft. If we get a comp pick for Morris, I'd definitely be looking trenches with it, be it o-line or d-line. If he proves unable to sustain his form, we aren't committed long-term, and we either try and re-sign him for less or let him walk. I doubt anyone gives him $20M at significant term for 1 good season, as impressive as it was. Maybe I am wrong. O-line is always at a premium in the league. But I think Doctson will have to settle for either big money or longer-term security. I doubt he can get both simultaneously. Less than 1 year ago he wasn't even starting on a Pittsburgh line that is hardly elite.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I won't say Boom was as good as Saffold...but Boom is good. He stepped up on left and right tackle as well as right guard and held up well.

If Boom is gone...mark my words...he will be missed!
He was average at best. I'm also backed by pff scores and pressure rates. Boom is versatile yes... good? No

WestCoastRam

Legend
He was average at best. I'm also backed by pff scores and pressure rates. Boom is versatile yes... good? No
Boom is probably gone but we need to pick up a tackle. They need to be able to play swing and take over for Hav or Jackson eventually.

We'll be drafting a tackle and most likely before round 5.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The thing about Jackson is he’s unlikely to suit up for all 17-20 games at LT. Getting rid of Noteboom makes drafting a LT imperative. There is nobody else currently on the roster you would want to see start a game at LT other than Jackson or Noteboom.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I read today that it’s likely that the Rams give Aleric a second round tender.

I think a second round tender would be very risky. Jackson may not be Trent Williams, but he’s improved in both seasons that he’s been in the league. A second round pick for a good OLT is a no-brainer, and it would have big draft implications for the Rams.

I guess the idea is that it would mean committing less money than a first round tender. Or isn’t that how that works?