After re-watching the Cowboy game I have some general thoughts...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
There's a reason Rams signed Higbee over Everett. Everett has talent but lacks heart.

Everett's YAC numbers suggest otherwise. He fights hard for every yard he can after the catch. I think he has plenty of heart, but just isn't a capable blocker.

fearsomefour

Legend
There's a reason Rams signed Higbee over Everett. Everett has talent but lacks heart.
No way to know that.
He might have all the desire in the world and just not be a skilled blocker.
With his athletic ability and how college offenses are he was probably never expected to block before the NFL.
His blocking greatly improved as the year progressed last year. I would expect it to improve at a faster pace this year.

fearsomefour

Legend
Everett's YAC numbers suggest otherwise. He fights hard for every yard he can after the catch. I think he has plenty of heart, but just isn't a capable blocker.
He ended up being solid last year.
I would look for an improved performance starting this week.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I have concerns now. Red zone production was not great. Noteboom was not good. Lack of longer throws and runs means the Oline isn’t protecting well enough nor opening big holes.
The lack of edge pressure is a concern. Sloppy tackling needs to improve. Kiser’s range isn’t great. Dallas was effective on the edge against the Rams.
This win did not come without its drawbacks. Hopefully some of them will improve, but we have no guarantees.

True on the lack of longer throws. At the same time, we knew that Dallas had a good pass rush coming in. Further, I take it as a sign of McVay adapting. Last year when we were struggling with the OL he was still looking for the longer throws and the chunk plays and many of us were wondering why he didn't have more short throws and hot reads built in. Now the O has that.

Some of the other stuff I think will come with time. Everybody was on a truncated preseason and they are just now getting used to live action.

TexasRam

Legend

He's always struggled as a blocker. Another guy that was Horrible blocking was Mundt. At this stage we should bring in a strong blocking TE because both these guys are failing miserably and its gonna cost us.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We might have that EDGE in Jachai Polite. One snap and he hit the QB.

He's gonna get more snaps and we'll see, but he looks promising.
Yeah. If I'm Staley right now I would tell Shula to make sure he's ready because he's going to get a lot of snaps for a long look in this next game. Just the chance that he could help us pressure from that blindside edge is worth checking out.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I agree with most of it as a one game evaluation.

Overall you said things should improve when it comes to tackling and blocking etc... Keep in mind all teams are likely to improve to some extent. So it is very difficult to get a good feel after only one game. This team went 3-0 to start the season last year and didn’t look the same afterward. So much can change.

The NFC West looks to be very tough this year. To me this season can go sideways fast and the floor be much lower than 10.
Man I hope that last small paragraph doesn't happen, ouch. But I could see it also, if it does.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Btw imho Everett was taken over Higbee not because of talent.

If I remember right ,Higbee had a late 1st round grade, but had some issues with drugs.

I said it after our draft that year, Higbee could be a steal if he kept his nose clean..

Also said I know that McVay knows TEs, so I'm going to trust the Rams on Everett, but I also posted, he's being over drafted.