Adrian Peterson traded to the Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I'll just concentrate on JAX for now.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-out-in-arizona-with-adrian-peterson-on-way/

Chris Johnson out in Arizona with Adrian Peterson on way
Posted by Josh Alper on October 10, 2017

856409198-e1507658209698.jpg

Getty Images

The Cardinals made their trade of running back Adrian Peterson official on Tuesday afternoon, but Peterson won’t be joining another one of the seven men to run for 2,000 yards in a season on the Arizona roster.

The Cardinals didn’t announce a corresponding move, but Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Cardinals will release Chris Johnson with Peterson joining the club. That’s not a surprising move as the move for Peterson was directly related to Johnson’s sluggish production the last four weeks.

Johnson spent the last two seasons with the Cardinals and returned to the club after David Johnson dislocated his wrist in the season opener. He’s run 45 times for 114 yards and caught five passes for 43 yards, leaving much to be desired in terms of what the Cardinals would like to see out of the backfield.

It remains to be seen if Peterson can provide it after failing to do much of anything during his brief stint with the Saints, but the Cardinals are obviously convinced that Johnson can’t give them what they need.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
AP was voted first team All-Pro in 2015 at 30 years old after rehabbing quickly from an ACL tear. He was suspended for much of 2016 for beating his kids, so right now, he is a youngish 32 and fired up to play. Do not underestimate this guy. The Saints did not use him much so don't be fooled by his numbers in NOLA. The league, and maybe the Cards, don't know what they have in AP yet but we will find out soon.
A.P. has always needed a lot of reps. to get going, he didn't get that in NOLA! I'm not sure he'll get it with Arians!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They're a tougher matchup for us with AP in their backfield. Good pickup for them. Bastids.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Reminds me of when Emmitt Smith played for the Cardinals...

Hehehe.......that was perfect!

The league, and maybe the Cards, don't know what they have in AP yet but we will find out soon.

He's finished, it's over. Put a fork in him.

but they have alot of running backs and he didn't fit that system.

They only have Ingram now though right?

They're a tougher matchup for us with AP in their backfield. Good pickup for them. Bastids.

Wanna bet? He's not going to help the genius at all HAHAHA.

Fuck the Cardinals and Arians.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000859508/article/saints-trade-rb-adrian-peterson-to-cardinals

Salvaging a potential free agency disaster, the New Orleans Saints on Tuesday traded future Hall of Fame running back Adrian Peterson to the Arizona Cardinals.The two teams announced the trade Tuesday, and NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports the Cardinals are sending the Saints a conditional 2018 sixth-rounder in the deal.

"I'm so ecstatic," Peterson texted NFL Network's Stacey Dales following the trade.

Peterson, who has just 27 carries for 81 yards over his first four games with Asshole Face and Drew Brees, will now get a chance to play the featured role he always saw himself best suited for. Down David Johnson, the Arizona Cardinals are desperate for a spark on the ground.

"We are always on the lookout for opportunities to improve our team and we look at this as one of those opportunities," Cardinals general manager Steve Keim said in a statement provided by the team. "What Adrian has accomplished in this league is well-established. Our need for a spark in our running game right now is also obvious and we are excited to give him the chance to provide that."

The move joins the 32-year-old with the NFL's oldest roster. Carson Palmer (38) and Larry Fitzgerald (34) are among the team's most dependable weapons at the moment. The Cardinals were heavily mentioned as a potential destination for Peterson when it was obvious the running back's tenure was coming to an end in Minnesota.

Running back Chris Johnson has been released following the trade, the team announced.

It was clear from the Saints' first game that Peterson was not going to fit with Payton's versatile, high-flying offense. Rookie Alvin Kamara is far closer to the Darren Sproles hybrid that makes the most sense in the pass-heavy scheme.

Peterson, typically best with the quarterback under center in an I-formation or traditional single-back, might have found his match with the old school Bruce Arians.

The move frees the seven-time Pro Bowler but puts him behind an offensive line that has struggled to date. No Cardinals back is averaging more than four yards per carry. At least one analytic grading service -- Pro Football Focus -- rated all five of Arizona's current starters in their lowest category.

Peterson did not shy away from his unhappiness in New Orleans. He was seen on the sideline lobbying Payton to utilize the ground game during a Week 1 nationally televised game. He mentioned that the amount of carries he was receiving was not what he signed up for. His final game as a Saint in London yielded four carries for four yards in a 20-0 win over the Dolphins.

His third NFL team could give the rest of the league a glimpse at the future. For years, Peterson has defied expectations for an aging running back but seems to have settled back down to earth. He rushed back from a serious knee injury last year in Minnesota but did not have the same rampaging style that defined his early career.

Might a glimpse of the old Peterson return in Arizona?

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
Remember that time your #1 fantasy RB got hurt and was announced out for the season.

Remember how you didn’t have any competent backup RB’s so you scoured the waiver wire all year for any RB that could help even a little.

But none of your waiver RB’s could
Help because they were on teams with horrible O-lines.

And then you finished in last place.

Bruce Arians is now you.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Remember that time your #1 fantasy RB got hurt and was announced out for the season.

Remember how you didn’t have any competent backup RB’s so you scoured the waiver wire all year for any RB that could help even a little.

But none of your waiver RB’s could
Help because they were on teams with horrible O-lines.

And then you finished in last place.

Bruce Arians is now you.

I could only give your post one rating, so I gave it a HaHa, but consider this response an also-deserved high five!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I wouldn't doubt AP just yet....he'll be pretty motivated...I bet he plays Sunday

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
You bet your ass I put in a waiver claim on him for my fantasy team. :D

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He's done. I hope we nail that child-beater hard on every drive.