Adams Cheap Shot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
We see these guys make amazing split second adjustments all of the time. These are the greatest athletes on Earth and Jamal Adams is one of them. Wolford was going down and giving himself up and Adams decided to punish him as painfully as possible because football is a mean game and Adams was in a position to do it.
It's that simple.
Is Adams a dirty player? I don't know, but was that play dirty and against everything the league has been trying to stress for years now? Absofuckinglutely.
Nice Post especially that Last paragraph.

Wolf went down to the ground, Adam's went down with him, it was an intentional shot.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
RE: the call on the field not the discussion. "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

No rebuttals here. I dig all the various implements.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
The since departed Legion of Fuck At This Point YOU Need Ramsey either the RAMS ALL PRO or the reknowned World Chef (what's up @russcookdaddyis#99) (Doom), Facts are facts at the present. Rams own the Seafucksm what's up Mr. Shaun MacDonald. That's what I like most about Fisher as well. We always showed up considering everything. We own SEA! In the end we are ALL die fucking hard Rams fans! -end of whatever this was-

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We ALL want our defense to hit Wilson and Murray to “make them feel our presence” every chance they get, right?

We don’t want to hurt them... but yeah, we want to bang them around and make them feel the toll of running. Wear them out.

We are ALL are tired of football becoming a wussy sport too.

If Adams had the reputation for outright dirty play, I might be getting tired of it... but we can’t fault him for wanting to bang around our QB. Split second tackles, it happens.

It’s also the core argument of pocket vs running QB’s. This is what happens when running QB’s run... they are buying a lottery ticket they might get hurt on the takedown.

tempests

Hall of Fame
We ALL want our defense to hit Wilson and Murray to “make them feel our presence” every chance they get, right?

Not in the head. I felt sick seeing John being loaded into that ambulance. Fortunate that it wasn't worse than it was.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nice Post especially that Last paragraph.

Wolf went down to the ground, Adam's went down with him, it was an intentional shot.

First (hs)game of tackle football. My career was 5 plays long,so was on the sidelines. A kid dives to make a tackle right in front of me with his helmet in the guys guy.
A Flag comes out & it was called spearing.Might have been the other teams player.I was like wow,they really protect this guys.
I was never a good football player,but the game has not changed that much to know the control these players have of there body.
Yes -bigger,faster,stronger,but what Adams did got me HOT.I was pissed for awhile.I poised it when it happened & showed my girlfriend & said this guy is(needs) going to thrown out.
My point is not about RULES on a QB it is about INTENT & LEADING with a HELMET. You CAN’T use your HELMET as a WEAPON!!!

—NFL Rules - what was(is) the Rule with a RB Leading with there Helmet a Few Years ago???

How that Flag was Picked up still pisses me off.I go back to FISHER & REGGIE- (Scott) with Case Keemun & his Concussion.How did The NFL allow him to take that Snap when he did not even know where he was at All he knew was to get that play off.
—I’m for player safety,but HATE the BS penalty.When a play happens like Adams there is NO NEED for that in The NFL . Period.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

We don’t want to hurt them... but yeah, we want to bang them around and make them feel the toll of running. Wear them out.

If Adams had the reputation for outright dirty play, I might be getting tired of it... but we can’t fault him for wanting to bang around our QB. Split second tackles, it happens.

It’s also the core argument of pocket vs running QB’s. This is what happens when running QB’s run... they are buying a lottery ticket they might get hurt on the takedown.

I think your absolutely wrong on the Adams play. There was INTENT & LEADING with his Helmet.

Totally agree on your take about Russell Wilson. I happened to be Jacuzzing at halftime.2nd half Old School posted about a No Call on Russell Wilson & his Vagina.
I played the game & thought The Rams were lossing & the Sky was Falling.Watson & Coach Bobo did something wrong to give up a TD.
Rebot-

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
1st’ half Russell Wilson took off & did a play(ball) fake. Troy Hill jumped & Wilson went for 17yards.
2nd half Wilson was running to the sidelines & did a play fake & kept it while going out of bounds.
The Rams (JJ ?) player hit him hard in front of Carroll.All legal & good no call.Clean play hard hit & Wilson is still live & very dangerous still.
Big difference with ground & helmet.The sideline call gets called
more often. Not sure on my total sense though?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I look at the call last week with Reynolds setting the ball down while he was still live. They said he gave himself up.
Boy, we were damned lucky they called it that way..... Good point regardless
I'm thinking McVay exchange with Reynolds after that looked something like this:
SEn8c6V.gif

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

But what's frustrating to me is that we don't so this to Wilson. Granted he mostly slides feet first, but still.

…..

Legend

I was coming in here to post my take, but all my words got used up. I echo the above.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Within the rules of the game and in the spirit of protecting players. If the guy is trying to make extra yardage to pick up a first down, by all means yes.

A player diving to the ground wether it is Wilson, Brady, Staubach, Montana or any other enemy no. Touch them down just like I would want any Ram player treated.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Within the rules of the game and in the spirit of protecting players. If the guy is trying to make extra yardage to pick up a first down, by all means yes.

A player diving to the ground wether it is Wilson, Brady, Staubach, Montana or any other enemy no. Touch them down just like I would want any Ram player treated.
Just wanted to say ,Nice Job with this thread/post.

It's real simple, Wolf went to the ground, Adam's saw it,reacted by going down with him and put a shoulder to his head.

That's a Penalty, Period.

Having head injuries myself and knowing about what head injuries have done to NFL players, I'm going to call it out every time.

Wolf was down, was 100 percent targeted by Adam's.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
RULE SUMMARY VIEW OFFICIAL RULE
PLAYERS IN A DEFENSELESS POSTURE

Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
  1. forcibly hitting the defenselessplayer’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenselessplayer by encircling or grasping him
2. lowering the head and making forcible contact with the crown or ”hairline” parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body

Also occurred on that play.