Adam Schein thinks Rams should cut ties with Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
With some better receivers and a more consistent D, he would have put us there in 2012. Stats are deceiving. Joe Flacco threw one more touchdown then Bradford did in 2012 when he won the Super Bowl. Sammy has shown that he's clutch when it counts since his 4th quarter QB rating is basically perfect. We all saw a different guy in pre season last year. That throw to Kenny Britt on 3rd and 25 vs Cleveland is one that maybe 3 QBs in the league make and Rodgers is the only who attempts it. If Bradford trusts his reciever, the skys the limit. Just gotta sprinkle some fairy dust on his knee and we are good to go.
Thank you! I was basically telling all my football buddies the same thing, that throw, in that situation, albeit preseason is damn impressive. Funny to think how the game would have ended injury wise had we done our usual, throw it short, control the field and get a good punting situation, instead of picking up 31 yards on a 3rd and 25, if Bradford would have played all of last year

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
I'm not sure we make playoffs with Sam . I really have a hard time seeing sam staying healthy. Yes if I was Fisher I would start a rookie for 16 that actually might by him a year
I don't think Fisher would be stupid enough to pin his future on a rookie QB.Considering most of this years rookie quarterbacks aren't that good

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boy, a lot of discrediting the author in this thread.

He may be a hack, but I have agree with one thing he said (which I also felt strongly about last year):

"Just prior to last year's event, I begged the Rams to select a quarterback. On my SiriusXM Radio show, "Schein on Sports," I peppered general manager Les Snead with questions about potentially
snagging a signal-caller in the early stretches of the draft. His response? "We have
Sam Bradford.""

IMO, they missed the boat last year on picking up a developmental QB in the draft. It would have been easy for them to look at who was coming out last year (at least a decent crop) and who was going to be available this year (weak crop) and understand that it might have made sense to get their potential QB of the future (and future insurance if Bradford went down again) last year.

But, as the author points out, Snead (and Fisher) dug in with their guy. Of course, we all know how that turned out.

So, they take Gilbert in the 6th and he's on the Patriots now. Just a bad move, IMO.

So, I'm with the author on that note.

Dumping Bradford? Not sure that makes a lot of sense. There are still a lot of options on the table for both Bradford and the Rams. I wouldn't come out with that his take at this point.

Seems to me Bradford has, almost by default (because of the decisions made last year at QB) become the Rams best option.
Would he be the best option if they had picked up a Blake Bortles or Teddy Bridgewater or Derek Carr or Jimmy Garoppolo or Tom Savage or Zach Mettenberger?

Well, we'll never know now. But, to me, if they had taken one of those guys, I might feel better about QB going into this season than how I feel today (very uncertain).

Hopefully, we get a very pleasant surprise.... someone no one had not thought about before.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Boy, a lot of discrediting the author in this thread.

He may be a hack, but I have agree with one thing he said (which I also felt strongly about last year):

"Just prior to last year's event, I begged the Rams to select a quarterback. On my SiriusXM Radio show, "Schein on Sports," I peppered general manager Les Snead with questions about potentially
snagging a signal-caller in the early stretches of the draft. His response? "We have
Sam Bradford.""

IMO, they missed the boat last year on picking up a developmental QB in the draft. It would have been easy for them to look at who was coming out last year (at least a decent crop) and who was going to be available this year (weak crop) and understand that it might have made sense to get their potential QB of the future (and future insurance if Bradford went down again) last year.

But, as the author points out, Snead (and Fisher) dug in with their guy. Of course, we all know how that turned out.

So, they take Gilbert in the 6th and he's on the Patriots now. Just a bad move, IMO.

So, I'm with the author on that note.

Dumping Bradford? Not sure that makes a lot of sense. There are still a lot of options on the table for both Bradford and the Rams. I wouldn't come out with that his take at this point.

Seems to me Bradford has, almost by default (because of the decisions made last year at QB) become the Rams best option.
Would he be the best option if they had picked up a Blake Bortles or Teddy Bridgewater or Derek Carr or Jimmy Garoppolo or Tom Savage or Zach Mettenberger?

Well, we'll never know now. But, to me, if they had taken one of those guys, I might feel better about QB going into this season than how I feel today (very uncertain).

Hopefully, we get a very pleasant surprise.... someone no one had not thought about before.
He can be both an abrassive jerk and silll make a decent point. Schein is a putz and we did miss the boat in last years draft at qb.

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't think Fisher would be stupid enough to pin his future on a rookie QB.Considering most of this years rookie quarterbacks aren't that good
so hes going to pin his future on a qb that really hasnt shown anything in the the league except the fact that he hasnt been able to stay healthy and and hasnt played in almost 2 years. Yep thats real smart

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
so hes going to pin his future on a qb that really hasnt shown anything in the the league except the fact that he hasnt been able to stay healthy and and hasnt played in almost 2 years. Yep thats real smart

I must say I don't get the whole "hasn't shown anything in this league" criticism. He's shown PLENTY of talent. Incredible ability actually when you watch him play. He's been hurt way too much. No arguments. But come on man. Just watch the guy sling it. Like Legatron earlier said - look at that 3rd and 25 against Cleveland. There are maybe 3 or 4 guys in the league who can make that throw.

Let me just edit this and say - letting him go in my opinion would be stupid. If theres an off chance this guy gets and stays healthy he is going to tear it up massively. He's top 10 QB ability wise and it would be so bad to see him go somewhere else in the league, rip it up - and we're stuck with some rookie chump with an attitude problem who sets us back again...

lockdnram21

Legend
I must say I don't get the whole "hasn't shown anything in this league" criticism. He's shown PLENTY of talent. Incredible ability actually when you watch him play. He's been hurt way too much. No arguments. But come on man. Just watch the guy sling it. Like Legatron earlier said - look at that 3rd and 25 against Cleveland. There are maybe 3 or 4 guys in the league who can make that throw.
it was preseason and yes he has shown talent occasionally but not enough to get the lofty praise he gets around here. There has been Plenty Football people to question if Bradford has what it takes, Warner and Faulk to name a few. couple that with his injury status i dont see how hes the best option going forward. Best option would be to push reset

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
it was preseason and yes he has shown talent occasionally but not enough to get the lofty praise he gets around here. There has been Plenty Football people to question if Bradford has what it takes, Warner and Faulk to name a few. couple that with his injury status i dont see how hes the best option going forward. Best option would be to push reset

Best option is press reset? That means an instant downgrade at QB if Sam is healthy. If he's not healthy you're not losing anything because we all agree bring a QB in anway.

He's shown pure ability when he's been healthy. Not gonna argue - its been done to death; stats vs eyeball etc but I just think watch the guy play and come to a conclusion. You've got your opinion on his play and I respect that - but I don't think cutting ties would be a good option.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

I hear you, but I don't see the point in pressing reset when there are no decent QBs to "reset" with. Sam gives us our best chance to win in 2015 if healthy (I know, I know). If he breaks again, oh well....he is gone next year. Who would you bring in via FA or the draft that you would trust to reboot the franchise with?? Better to roll with the guy we have and hope for the best until we see if we really DO need a new franchise QB next year. If that is the case, hopefully we have better choices at that time. Make sense?

lockdnram21

Legend
I hear you, but I don't see the point in pressing reset when there are no decent QBs to "reset" with. Sam gives us our best chance to win in 2015 if healthy (I knw, I know). If he breaks again, oh well....he is gone next year. Who would you bring in via FA or the draft that you would trust to reboot the franchise with?? Better to roll wit the guy we have and hope for the best until we see if we really DO need a new franchise QB next year. If that is the case, hopefully we have better choices at that time. Make sense?
I hear you, but I don't see the point in pressing reset when there are no decent QBs to "reset" with. Sam gives us our best chance to win in 2015 if healthy (I know, I know). If he breaks again, oh well....he is gone next year. Who would you bring in vi FA or the draft that you would trust to reboot the franchise with?? Better to roll with the guy we have and hope for the best until we see if we really DO need a new franchise QB next year. If that is the case, hopefully we have better choices at that time. Make sense?
Franchise Qb? that and Bradford shouldnt even be in same sentence. first you have to see if he can be a healthy qb. You gotta take a chance. Did people think Wilson was going to be who he is?No and I know your going to say theres no Wilson in this draft. You dont know that until u try. Im not opposed to keeping sam just not at morecthan 5 a year. How do u justify paying him something hes not worth or earned. I think its more risk in sticking with him then going in new direction

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Franchise Qb? that and Bradford shouldnt even be in same sentence. first you have to see if he can be a healthy qb. You gotta take a chance. Did people think Wilson was going to be who he is?No and I know your going to say theres no Wilson in this draft. You dont know that until u try. Im not opposed to keeping sam just not at morecthan 5 a year. How do u justify paying him something hes not worth or earned. I think its more risk in sticking with him then going in new direction
Lets clear the air on this whole salary thing. No team in this day and age will ever have a starting QB in their second contract for anything under 8 mill per year. It just doesn't happen. Not even on his 1 year prove it deal that I expect will happen this year. The only QBs you will get for 5 mill are rookies and guys like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Memphis Ram

Legend
If Winston checks out with the team characterwise, I wouldn't be opposed to the Rams including Bradford in a deal to go up and get him. And I'm a Sam Bradford fan.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Thank you! I was basically telling all my football buddies the same thing, that throw, in that situation, albeit preseason is damn impressive. Funny to think how the game would have ended injury wise had we done our usual, throw it short, control the field and get a good punting situation, instead of picking up 31 yards on a 3rd and 25, if Bradford would have played all of last year

FWIW, it seems Stan is also a fan of Bradford's arm.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ill-be-in-charge-for-as-long-as-he-wants.html

(different play, from 2011 )
“Do you want to know why that was a great play?” he says. “I’ll tell you why. For the quarterback to have that kind of arm strength, on the run, was unbelievable. Watch the replay... on the run. BOOM! That’s really strong. That’s a big-time play right there.”

Here's the play that made Stan, unsilent:
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8228dd9a/Gibson-34-yard-TD

lockdnram21

Legend
Lets clear the air on this whole salary thing. No team in this day and age will ever have a starting QB in their second contract for anything under 8 mill per year. It just doesn't happen. Not even on his 1 year prove it deal that I expect will happen this year. The only QBs you will get for 5 mill are rookies and guys like Ryan Fitzpatrick.
How is Bradford any different then Fitzpatrick? What has he shown to be worth more then that? I know he's flashed but nothing major and couple that with the fact that he's coming off of 2 acl surgeries. I might not know anything about salaries but I wouldn't want to pay a unproven qb that. But good discussion have a nice day

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How is Bradford any different then Fitzpatrick? What has he shown to be worth more then that? I know he's flashed but nothing major and couple that with the fact that he's coming off of 2 acl surgeries. I might not know anything about salaries but I wouldn't want to pay a unproven qb that. But good discussion have a nice day
Good discussion and have a nice day? Isn't that why we're here? To discuss? Nobody is attacking you dude. I'm just curious on why you think Sam is so mediocre. He had two above average seasons in 2010 and 2012. In 2013, he was on his way to finally taking that next step. That's why we all still like him or "praise" him so much. I totally agree on the injury front, I don't think there's anything to argue there. But he's going to have a year to heal and clear his head. And it's not like his arm is broken. In fact, it's got less wear and tear then most QBs so it should work to his advantage.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WHEN Bradford has been healthy, where has he ranked among his peers in the league?

I think that's what some fans look at when forming their opinion on him.

To me, he's a enigma. His career stats are at or below the average. But, there are times (like the throw that impressed Kroenke) that he amazes.

Just hasn't been able to do that on a consistent basis.

Of course, there are lots of variables that we can't really quanfy - like how he might do if he had better personnel surrounding him. Some fans seem sure he'd do much better - but the fact is, we really don't know because he hasn't had a stellar crew for most of his career.

So, I don't know what we have in Bradford.

If he ends up being the starter in 2015, I hope he turns out to be the player many say he can be with a better surrounding cast - got to fix that Oline, for sure.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
The entire article is nonsense. A healthy Bradford a better option than any of those guys.

I think the real 800 lb elephant in the room is Snead/Fisher. They are starting their 4th year, it is time for some results. I am not sure if any front office has ever walked into a more fruitful position, at least in terms of draft picks. Drafting a QB means waiting for a rookie to develop. It also means missing another chance to upgrade the O-line. It further means that they are using one of the very few picks they have in this draft on a position that they already have covered. I realize they say that Stan is a patient man, but allowing a rebuild to start in year 4 would put him in the same league as Job!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Forget about the damn money for a minute. That is Stans problem. WHat QB would you bring in THIS year that you think gives us a better chance to win than Bradford???? again, the $ is irrelevant as it is really not "stopping" us from assembling some dominant SB roster. If Sam doesn't stay healthy THIS year...or if he regresses in form....he is a GONER next year regardless!! I think if he stays healthy, we already HAVE our QB. Oh, and I am not a Bradford Mom or Bradford "apologist" or whatever they call rational thinking people these days. I have seen plenty of cracks in his game over the years...but I have also seen the brilliance. I just think he gives THIS team then best chance to win THIS year. Maybe going forward as well.....