AD tells us why…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
What a dumbass! AD was the most held player in the history of the league!

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy

Those pics prove how good he was. Every pic, 3 guys on him and that was the norm.
The amazing thing was how he would motivate himself up for key game ending plays to get through them. They all knew he was coming and he did it anyway.
It had to wear on him. This last season he had a few games where you did not hear from him. I think he said that was enough and to go out where he still had double digit sacks and Pro Bowl-All Pro honors.
He went out with never having a season where he was a shell of his former self.
He was the best. How many other NFL defensive players were so good that if you did not double and triple team him you lost the game.
Lawrence Taylor comes to mind be he did play long enough to be a shell of his former self.
AD goes out like Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. On top.
I think if the Rams had a purely defensive minded coach with a D line like he came in with, four 1st round draft picks that forced teams to "only" double team him he could have played another year or two.

The guy who wrote this drivel is a idiot.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
One feeling that comes to mind more than any other. Jealousy!! What a blessed life!! Don't be a stranger!!!

Name
Steve Davis
I know this is entirely wishful thinking, BUT, if we're sitting at 10-4 with 3 games to go, would he make another run?? Reading between the lines tells me, YES!! He said "training camp" and "17 season". How about 3 games and a playoff run!! He could definitely come off the couch and be WAY more effective then, let's say WEDDLE??? Let's do it for the GOAT!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I don't think I have the words to describe my feelings about Mr. Harrison P. Kent IV...so I'll let GIFs and videos describe it instead:

Comedy Laugh GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Harry Potter Idiot GIF

Half Baked Boo GIF

Emily Blunt Oh Snap GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
While I will certainly miss him, I'm glad he knew when it was time and got out when he did. Working at the intensity he did, day in, day out, for years on end will burn someone out, and it's probably even harder to keep going when you've accomplished everything you wanted to accomplish in that particular endeavor. He's accomplished it all in football.

I'm also glad that we are never going to see a diminished AD. Had he stuck around and retired after 15 seasons instead of 10, we would have had to watch him decline in production and ability, and that's something I don't want to see. It would be like seeing Unitas in a Chargers uniform, just sad all the way around. While I think AD is past his peak of about 2-3 seasons ago, he was at about 95% of it this year. But what about at the end of a 2024 season for him? 2025? 2026? Athletes can get old really fast. Remember how fast Matt Ryan went downhill once age caught up to him? Or, in another sport, any boxing fans remember how fast Roy Jones got old?

If AD stays retired, we'll never have to see that in him. So as painful as it is losing him now, there is that silver lining which wouldn't be there if we had to watch him decline.

Best of luck in retirement, AD. However, if you want to spend your retirement hanging out at Rams park, watching over players, and giving the trademarked AD side-eye to anyone who's not putting in at least 100%, you are more than welcome to do so ;)

PARAM

Hall of Fame
He's actually said, 'burned out'. And anybody would have given odds McVay would beat him to it. Go figure!

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I wonder how he would feel about being a defensive line coach.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

When AD tells you something you better listen.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While I will certainly miss him, I'm glad he knew when it was time and got out when he did. Working at the intensity he did, day in, day out, for years on end will burn someone out, and it's probably even harder to keep going when you've accomplished everything you wanted to accomplish in that particular endeavor. He's accomplished it all in football.

I'm also glad that we are never going to see a diminished AD. Had he stuck around and retired after 15 seasons instead of 10, we would have had to watch him decline in production and ability, and that's something I don't want to see. It would be like seeing Unitas in a Chargers uniform, just sad all the way around. While I think AD is past his peak of about 2-3 seasons ago, he was at about 95% of it this year. But what about at the end of a 2024 season for him? 2025? 2026? Athletes can get old really fast. Remember how fast Matt Ryan went downhill once age caught up to him? Or, in another sport, any boxing fans remember how fast Roy Jones got old?

If AD stays retired, we'll never have to see that in him. So as painful as it is losing him now, there is that silver lining which wouldn't be there if we had to watch him decline.

Best of luck in retirement, AD. However, if you want to spend your retirement hanging out at Rams park, watching over players, and giving the trademarked AD side-eye to anyone who's not putting in at least 100%, you are more than welcome to do so ;)
Marshall disagrees! He predicts that AD comes back this year! Ya just gotta Believ!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h1uw53VxQg

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Can't fault a player for wanting to retire young while his health is still good. He accomplished just about everything and has more than enough money to last for generations to come.

I'll bet AD is thankful though, that Fisher was replaced by McVay because there's no championship if Fisher had stayed on longer.

As a side note, I'm not sure if it's an ego thing, but Fisher would probably be a great defensive coordinator. Even though the Rams couldn't win under him, the defenses fought tooth and nail for every yard and played tough.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
if he wants to ride in on his white horse at the end of the season, I'm all for it. bring Suh in too. lol. go rams.