Aaron Kromer is 7th assistant to leave Rams' coaching staff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
4 years together in the NFL is a good run. Thanks for some good lines Kromes.

jjab360

Legend
I always thought Kromer put together some good OLs for McVay, barring 2019.

Next year's coaching staff is going to look completely different, hope it doesn't backfire...

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
This one sounds like more like he was shown the door the others, doesn’t it?
But why?
I think you was one of the best three or four offensive line coaches in the NFL.
This one scares me a little bit.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This one scares me a little bit.

Very confusing with his son staying, totally different from Phillips son staying IMHO. I'm interested to see what direction they go in as I always considered Kromer one of the better OL Coaches in the NFL. Maybe with all the changes, McVay felt it was necessary to make all the changes he felt was needed to take the Rams to the next level.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I always thought Kromer put together some good OLs for McVay, barring 2019.

Next year's coaching staff is going to look completely different, hope it doesn't backfire...

Please explain on different?

jap

Legend
Does this mean we are getting an OL coach who is actually, actually going to upgrade the OL?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Does this mean we are getting an OL coach who is actually, actually going to upgrade the OL?
To McVays standards, yes it does seem that way, and we already know his expectations are very high.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What is there to explain? 7 assistant coaches are gone and being replaced, including our defensive coordinator, special teams coordinator, and several offensive coaches.

They all took better positions to further there career if you want
THE EASY ANSWER.
Staley was poached after one season.What’s going on with Sean Mcvay hiring such good ASSISTANT Coaches ? Pleasant is a Detroit guy
and is very passionate about his foundation & being APART of BLACK LIVES MATTER.
Mcvay gets it & it’s telling by the New Assistant Coaches.He has the RESPECT of his PLAYERS. Kromer has a different view of coaching & Sean Mcvay is more innovated.
—Scream & putting your hands up during an alert doesn’t help anything. Just gets in the way of progression & getting what needs to be done accomplished.
Anyway that is just my thoughts.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

Or maybe a head coach who wants to trade Havenstein, replace him from within the roster, and resign Blythe? We'll find out...

jjab360

Legend
They all took better positions to further there career if you want
THE EASY ANSWER.
Staley was poached after one season.What’s going on with Sean Mcvay hiring such good ASSISTANT Coaches ? Pleasant is a Detroit guy
and is very passionate about his foundation & being APART of BLACK LIVES MATTER.
Mcvay gets it & it’s telling by the New Assistant Coaches.He has the RESPECT of his PLAYERS. Kromer has a different view of coaching & Sean Mcvay is more innovated.
—Scream & putting your hands up during an alert doesn’t help anything. Just gets in the way of progression & getting what needs to be done accomplished.
Anyway that is just my thoughts.
Bro I have no idea what you're talking about

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Or maybe a head coach who wants to trade Havenstein, replace him from within the roster, and resign Blythe? We'll find out...

Yeah, I dunno.

What we do know is that McVay is brutal in evaluating himself and isn't afraid to steal (every good coach steals... every great coach steals a LOT).

I think the GB game spoke to him.

the GB DL just bullrushed most of the game and we couldn't hold up. Nothing creative, just bull rush.

Well, we have a more mobile QB that obviates some of that.

The question is what route does McVay take with the OL?

Do we get the hogmolleys out to plow the way or are we just looking for stickier ZBS guys who are more athletic than what we have now?

We'll see soon enough... not soon enough for me, but in geological time, it'll be a blip... right?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
If you mean high draft picks and/or expensive free agents?

I would say that's doubtful.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This one sounds like more like he was shown the door the others, doesn’t it?

"mutually parted ways" was the term used in the article, so yeah.

Not sure how I feel about this. We haven't had the best players at OL for the last two seasons. Is that because these were Kromer's guys, or were the players he had to work with beyond his control/input?

Either way, I think this is an acknowledgement from McVay that the offensive line was a problem last year.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I all but guarantee you Blythe is a goner.

I was probably his biggest backer on this board and he even disappointed me.
We need more than a B- Center.

I was thinking that last year they might trade Havenstein and stick with Bobby Evans at right tackle.

Now my 2021 thought process is;

Whitworth
Edwards
Corbett-C
Evans-RG
Havenstein

That would add about 30 lbs. to the offensive line but they definitely need to hit the weight room and get even bigger and definitely stronger.