Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Confused. What did this clarify? It’s not you, I’m just not following. I know you know your stuff - especially on this kind of info. Are you saying it was unclear if the Rams could franchise him if he held out the entire year - thus they would still have his fifth year option year? They wouldn’t need to use the tag if he sat out the entire season - correct?

Zodi

Hall of Fame
There is no way AD forfeits another acrrued year toward FA. He WILL be signed by the August 7 deadline. If not, I will immediately purchase a donald jersey and eat it piece by piece. No sauce. No side dish. Nothing. As a matter of fact I won't consume any food until every stitch of that jersey has seen the inside of my stomach.

Once all the jersey reminants return to daylight, I will send them to his agent.

*ahem*

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Suh and AD lining up together in Horns?
[av]http://www.moviewavs.com/0053148414/MP3S/Movies/Hunt_For_Red_October/1in3.mp3[/av]
giphy.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

rotoworld put up their 2 cents worth.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports holdout Aaron Donald has "no plans" to report to the Rams "anytime soon."

Earlier Monday, coach Sean McVay said he doesn't believe anything will change on the Donald front "in the near future." This comes on the heels of COO Kevin Demoff admitting the sides "just don't agree" on contract parameters, though discussions remain open. Donald very likely -- and rightfully so -- wants to be the highest-paid defender in the league. The Rams have been handing out money left and right since the end of last year; it's unfortunate Donald hasn't seen any.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Aug 6 - 7:08 PM

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports holdout Aaron Donald has "no plans" to report to the Rams "anytime soon."

Earlier Monday, coach Sean McVay said he doesn't believe anything will change on the Donald front "in the near future." This comes on the heels of COO Kevin Demoff admitting the sides "just don't agree" on contract parameters, though discussions remain open. Donald very likely -- and rightfully so -- wants to be the highest-paid defender in the league. The Rams have been handing out money left and right since the end of last year; it's unfortunate Donald hasn't seen any.

The Rams have been offering. He wants more. No evidence that Schefter is looking at both sides. Hard to pretend that it's the Rams' fault without knowing what the Rams have offered. In any case - should the Rams stop signing other players while negotiating with AD?

tempests

Hall of Fame

Going to run it up to week 1 again.

Doubt either side moves until then. More pressure on Donald's side as the season draws near.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

there will be only one "winner" with respect to this holdout, and it won't be ad. the rams don't have to do anything. if he wants to play and get paid he will have to accept their reportedly large offer. so in the end he wins anyway because he's gonna be loaded for life.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Extend Suh and two #1's for AD?

We could win a lot of games that route, and use those picks to find our LT and more. But tbh I'd rather have AD in horns until he retires.

AD... You belong on this team man. Rams got you by the short hairs. Sign that shit and let's goooooo!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As a fan, I'm willing the Rams spend a bit more than actually makes sense for productivity, given that this is a salary cap league that for decades has gradually been altering rules to favor the passing attack. But I have a hard time believing that the holdout is good for the team and that giving in and wildly overpaying would be good for future negotiations.

At some point, if he's not willing to play, the Rams need to at least see if some team is willing to overpay to get Donald. If there isn't a good partner, make him sit. If there is a good partner - get good value and move on. Remember that the value in trading him isn't just the players and picks in return - but also the $20 million plus to keep other players who WILL be gone otherwise.

TexasRam

Legend
AD was right to initially sit out and force the Rams to negotiate a good deal.

But now, he's hurting himself. He needs to fire his Agent.

This won't end well for Donald or the Rams unless he fires his Agent.

It's pretty easy, you just send him a text and say, " I need to move on to get this deal done, thanks for all your hardwork but I've decided I want to get back to playing Football, So I am going with a new Agent."

The End.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Donald wants 25 mil a year

If a team were to trade a 27 year old QB worth 25 mil a year they would get draft picks worth 'x'

If we were to trade Donald, would we get draft picks/players worth 'x', or even close to 'x'?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yeah it might not be a bad thing if Donald doesn't sign by today. That might mean he's fully committed to playing with the Rams forever but is just waiting for the correct language in his contract.

I'm trying to stay positive with this. This could be one of the best teams ever but Aaron Donald needs to be here for it to work. C'mon man! Sign the damn paper!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

This pisses me off.

The Rams already offered to make AD the highest paid defender in the NFL. They STARTED there.

What Schefter is leaving out (and I think this is because you can tell he talked with AD's reps on this) is that AD and his reps want QB money...which is retarded...as in slow. The alternative is to believe that AD's reps are behaving in a criminal fashion against AD's interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.