Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
In an effort to get into Donald's mindset. What does the ROD Forum think Donald (and his ego-feeding agent) would prefer:

a) Sign with the LA Rams for 5 years $22m/year with a guarantee of $75m + everything that could come with a top shelf NFL team in LA (playoffs, endorsements, etc)
b) Sign with any team that has the cap space (NYJ, CIN, IND, BUF) to sign him for 5 years $25m/year with a guarantee of $85m + years of mediocrity
A year and a half ago I would have said "a" hands down. Today I'll flip a coin.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
5b836c28ad94f766909866.gif

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Meanwhile (on the positive side) while AD remains in Pittsburgh @ home, he leaves a large opening @ the 3 tech DL post for other present Rams DL'ers additional time to showcase their skills & talents plus prove their future worth to Wade & DL coach Johnson.

Several of the DL'er who have some amount of type skills for the 3 tech post like youngster Tanzel Smart, McCoy Murphy, Lord Hyemamg & Jarrod Clements ( here's some negative stuff) have not flashed or shinned.So it appears there's not much to hope for here but Lord Hyemang has not got many snaps either. So based on what I have seen thus far Rams have not gained anything here with those DL'ers.

{Some more negative stuff to add here} The Rams best two newcomers into the DL are NT Sebastian Joseph-Day & (4 tech/5 tech) DE/OLB'er John Franklin Myers...however they appear to not possess the needed 3 tech type skills at this time.

Now to get to the positives ;) Wade/Johnson do have two young vets who will be non starters( if AD were here) ,who do have what it takes to be an effective replacement for the vacancy @ this post. vet's Ethan Westbrooks & Dom Easley. In addition both starters NT Ndamukong Suh & DE Michael Brockers have lined up in the 3 tech & played in the NFL very successfully. Just so happens Westbrooks & Easley have played & started in the NFL @ Suh & Brockers assigned posts. In addition rookie John Franklin-Myers & Sebastian Joseph-Day stand @ the moment to make this 53 player roster & figure into Rams future plans.

Those 6 DL'ers mentioned above IMO have the ability to hold down Wade's 3 man Defensive Front if need be hold off any major disaster if AD does not return for what ever reason. In addition Snead has brought in 8 ER/DE/OLB'er tweeners { Longacre, Ebukam, Price, Davis, Okonorkwo, Young, Lawler & Womac } into this 2018 roster to be mixed in with the main six DL'ers in passing downs to provide the needed numbers to be competitive.

Great read w/ great point bro! Our front 7 is no joke and our LB's will prove to be able to do the job well!
Last 2 years we been drafting so well its crazy good!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great read w/ great point bro! Our front 7 is no joke and our LB's will prove to be able to do the job well!
Last 2 years we been drafting so well its crazy good!
I remember the days when we couldn't draft or sign decent Dlinemen in the Linehan and Spags days.....In the whole team, we are going to cut players who will make 53 man rosters elsewhere

HellRam

Starter
I remember the days when we couldn't draft or sign decent Dlinemen in the Linehan and Spags days.....In the whole team, we are going to cut players who will make 53 man rosters elsewhere

I did not think Robert Quinn, Chris Long, and Fred Robins were too bad.;)

The rest of the team....well, we know the how the story ends.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I'm guessing that AD signs on Tuesday. I have no good reason or inside info but I have a hunch. That's just as good as any of these so called reporters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I did not think Robert Quinn, Chris Long, and Fred Robins were too bad.;)

The rest of the team....well, we know the how the story ends.
and Adam Carriker...lol. I was thinking DT more so than DE..and it was very bad. I remember discussions about it RamStalk during the period...

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
What if the rams have a deal done already but are telling the media that there is no update because the rams want to wait to spill the news up until a week before the raiders game. This will give Donald enough time to get ready for the game but this won’t give Oakland enough time to get Mack signed so he will still be holding out and most likely miss week one against the rams ?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Actually, it wouldn’t surprise me if Mack went to Detroit. When Suh left for Miami, they really missed him. Their issues were a crappy secondary, but they had s great line and they let it all go.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Not sure how credible the report is, but Sosa Kremenjas on Turf Show Times was reporting that the Rams and AD are close to a deal. (Sorry, no link, posting on a mobile device). Allegedly the offer is around 22 million per year and 80 million in guarantees.

I hope it gets done in time for AD to play in week 1 and end this thread.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
The no-news news has reached a whole new stratosphere.

Brandt: “Deals will happen— or not— within the week.”

Seriously? Unbelievable.

What’s next?

“Two sides are close, yet far apart”

“Breaking: stalemate continues”

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What if the rams have a deal done already but are telling the media that there is no update because the rams want to wait to spill the news up until a week before the raiders game. This will give Donald enough time to get ready for the game but this won’t give Oakland enough time to get Mack signed so he will still be holding out and most likely miss week one against the rams ?

What if the Rams are refusing to let AD sign the deal until late this week because they don't want him ruining the offense's ability to practice? ;)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What if the Rams are refusing to let AD sign the deal until late this week because they don't want him ruining the offense's ability to practice? ;)

hey, you stole that line from gurley.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
The no-news news has reached a whole new stratosphere.

Brandt: “Deals will happen— or not— within the week.”

Seriously? Unbelievable.

What’s next?

“Two sides are close, yet far apart”

“Breaking: stalemate continues”

Yup. It's all sizzle and no steak:

Stay tuned, Rams fans - SOMETHING REALLY BIG IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN.......................unless it doesn't.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have it by a reliable media source, that a contract will be signed ON Friday.

Trust me, and these two ladies.....
IC2dHSK.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought it was Mannion’s job to ruin the offense. Oops, wrong thread

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure how credible the report is, but Sosa Kremenjas on Turf Show Times was reporting that the Rams and AD are close to a deal. (Sorry, no link, posting on a mobile device). Allegedly the offer is around 22 million per year and 80 million in guarantees.

I hope it gets done in time for AD to play in week 1 and end this thread.
He got it from pro football talk, which is the site that started this mess two weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.