A word about Sammy Watkins...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rather have him on our team then against him
Been a Watkins fan for a long long time. Watched every game at Clemson. I can't help but feel in the NFL he's good but he could be great. Not sure why he's not great but he doesn't always make those plays that the people we call great do make.

nighttrain

Legend
Been a Watkins fan for a long long time. Watched every game at Clemson. I can't help but feel in the NFL he's good but he could be great. Not sure why he's not great but he doesn't always make those plays that the people we call great do make.
Does make some nice nice finger tip catches though

train

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He made a couple today. Why isn’t anyone talking about the amazing catch he made along the sideline?
Not sure why this guy is such a lighting rod for criticism

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yeah, it’s definitely an effort thing. That fade is a perfect example of what a top 5 receiver in the NFL doesn’t do. Can’t be too hard on him with the INT. That’s a tough catch.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, it’s definitely an effort thing. That fade is a perfect example of what a top 5 receiver in the NFL doesn’t do. Can’t be too hard on him with the INT. That’s a tough catch.
Totally. It was a fluke

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He made a couple today. Why isn’t anyone talking about the amazing catch he made along the sideline?
Not sure why this guy is such a lighting rod for criticism
I think it's those plays where he shows little or no effort. Again I'm a huge Sammy fan, you won't find a guy who's watched more of his games here than me. But there are plays where he absolutely could show more effort or make a better play and he doesn't and it usually hurts us example the interception. Most of the good/great ones do more to either catch that or break up the int.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sammy had a decent game... lazy ass effort on the int however.

Get your body in position and make the freaking play like you want it.

I think he had a great game.
The INT was an underthrown ball. With the momentum he had going forward there wasn’t much he could do.

82 yards and two pass interferences of over 30 yards. That’s the kind of damage a guy like him can do without showing up in the scoreboard

I think the ball was very slightly tipped at the LOS.

Someone would have to rewatch it with an eye on that, but it looked that way to me.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's those plays where he shows little or no effort. Again I'm a huge Sammy fan, you won't find a guy who's watched more of his games here than me. But there are plays where he absolutely could show more effort or make a better play and he doesn't and it usually hurts us example the interception. Most of the good/great ones do more to either catch that or break up the int.
Meh
The int was a total fluke and the pass breakup was unfortunately a great play by the D.
He made some great plays today, I can’t believe that isn’t the main focus.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh
The int was a total fluke and the pass breakup was unfortunately a great play by the D.
He made some great plays today, I can’t believe that isn’t the main focus.
Come on man! You know Rams fans we gotta have something to bitch about! :D

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My disappointment comes from the realization that Sammy just isn't a great WR. He had a very good game today. Don't forget about the 48-yard PI he drew. Still, I was really hoping we got a top 10 WR in that grade. He's just not that.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
My disappointment comes from the realization that Sammy just isn't a great WR. He had a very good game today. Don't forget about the 48-yard PI he drew. Still, I was really hoping we got a top 10 WR in that grade. He's just not that.
We have a top level QB and RB, I guess we'll have to settle for above average WRs.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I quite like our WR group. Josh Reynolds looks like a player, and he's only our 4th best WR.
Me too, I'm still holding out hope for Thomas who's probably 6th/7th on the depth chart. There is plenty of depth on this team, there might not be a true #1 who can take over a game, but that also makes it harder for defenses to shut them down.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Watkins got a game ball, FWIW.
Dude like that needs his ego fed.
So feed it.

nighttrain

Legend
Top 11?
train

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Sorry, but I have to disagree. He drew at least two pass interference penalties, caught a lot of difficult catches, scored a touchdown and could've had another, were it not for an excellent defensive play. That's a great wideout, in my honest opinion.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry, but I have to disagree. He drew at least two pass interference penalties, caught a lot of difficult catches, scored a touchdown and could've had another, were it not for an excellent defensive play. That's a great wideout, in my honest opinion.

I didn't see the sort of plays that great wideouts make.