A second team in Dallas isn’t as crazy as it sounds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think another team in Dallas before giving a team to so many other deserving cities would be stupid. Here's a list of the most populous US cities. It gives a reference I think for the decision.

Also it wasn't too far back the NFL was talking about, or rumored to be talking about expansion to 40 teams. That would enable some crazy shit like a full division in Europe or service to many US cities that are teamless right now with significant populations. The better the NFL can cover the large population centers the better the income they're going to be able to project.

Here's a list from 2022 (the site linked above):

View attachment 54087
View attachment 54088
View attachment 54089

Unfortunately, that is for the city proper and that's not always a good means to determine the actual population

I prefer metro areas to city limits. Los Angeles Metro is much closer to NY than it looks on the charts based on city limits, for example. Atlanta is another one. Buffalo doesn't have nearly as much bleed over as, say, Philadelphia.

I sort of agree that I don't want further expansion, but in light of the fact that greedy owners will greedy... yeah, I'd rather see teams go to underserved markets like St. Louis and Oklahoma City than doubling up in Chicago or Dallas or Houston...

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
It still boggles my mind that there is no team in San Antonio, San Diego, and OK City. Add El Paso and you have a division right there!

There isn’t enough NFL level talent for more teams, IMO. Look at the haves / have-not at the QB position alone.
Need to fix Ram Bot to include a notification that it's Florios stupid ass writing articles. I read half of it and knew it had to be that dumb shit!
Jack Black Reaction GIF

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Unfortunately, that is for the city proper and that's not always a good means to determine the actual population

I prefer metro areas to city limits. Los Angeles Metro is much closer to NY than it looks on the charts based on city limits, for example. Atlanta is another one. Buffalo doesn't have nearly as much bleed over as, say, Philadelphia.

I sort of agree that I don't want further expansion, but in light of the fact that greedy owners will greedy... yeah, I'd rather see teams go to underserved markets like St. Louis and Oklahoma City than doubling up in Chicago or Dallas or Houston...
Bingo... Metro area is much more accurate. Some cities take enormous chunks of territory, while others are very compact so comparing metro area's is a better analysis.

Not that I give 2 shits about Portland, but the 500-600,000 population dwarfs in comparison to the metro area, which is somewhere north of 3 million....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The other side of it, and why I think Dallas could make sense is the Giants/Jets example. There was a time that in order to get Giants season tickets, you had to be on a wait list that was decades long, or hope a long lost family member put you in the will So when the Jets moved to the Meadowlands, they inherited a fan base from folks who didnt want to wait for Giants tickets. Was always the tag line I recall, that the definition of a Jet fan was a Giants fan who couldnt get st's.
Now I'm not up to speed on the Cowboys attendance figures, but between the influx of population in Texas due to the tech boom along with the state's love of Football, I could definitely see an instant fan base, like the Jets

nighttrain

Legend
The other side of it, and why I think Dallas could make sense is the Giants/Jets example. There was a time that in order to get Giants season tickets, you had to be on a wait list that was decades long, or hope a long lost family member put you in the will So when the Jets moved to the Meadowlands, they inherited a fan base from folks who didnt want to wait for Giants tickets. Was always the tag line I recall, that the definition of a Jet fan was a Giants fan who couldnt get st's.
Now I'm not up to speed on the Cowboys attendance figures, but between the influx of population in Texas due to the tech boom along with the state's love of Football, I could definitely see an instant fan base, like the Jets
There was also a certain guy by the name of Joe that helped the Jets big time
train

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There was also a certain guy by the name of Joe that helped the Jets big time
train
Correct, and when the team moved to NJ in 1983, they lost a good bit of that fan base from Long Island. NJ was split between North Jersey Giants fans and South Jersey Eagles fans. The Jets? They probably only brought a 3rd of their fans with them.....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
C NJ was split between North Jersey Giants fans and South Jersey Eagles fans. The Jets? They probably only brought a 3rd of their fans with them.....
I honestly could never root for the Eagles unless they were playing the 49ers or Patriots, but I could never say without being under duress "Let's Go Eagles." And I love Dick Vermeil.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honestly could never root for the Eagles unless they were playing the 49ers or Patriots, but I could never say without being under duress "Let's Go Eagles." And I love Dick Vermeil.
I actually rooted for them once. When Nick Foles beat the Pats. Other than that, to quote Diane from Cheers, "I hate them with the white hot passion of a thousand suns!"

DrRage46

Rookie
Name
DrRage46
Hell no to dallas,I think st.louis should get a bad ass no roof stadium right on the river like the rams where thinking about doing when they were there.They deserve it and call them the St.Louis Stallions

nighttrain

Legend
Hell no to dallas,I think st.louis should get a bad ass no roof stadium right on the river like the rams where thinking about doing when they were there.They deserve it and call them the St.Louis Stallions
St Louis Trappers