A question for you guys?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
That may not be the case with the Rams statistically, but our defense was actually good last year. Our defense struggled without Talib and played lights out with him - the difference highlighted by holding the Cowboys, Saints and Patriots to an average of 18.7 PPG in the playoffs.

And even in some games without Talib, we had a few games where the defense performed poorly, but the offense couldn't close the game and the defense did - the Vikings, Seahawks and Chiefs home games come to mind. We gave up 31, 31, and 44 points defensively in these games - our offense scored 38, 36 and 40 - but in all three of these games, our offense had the ball with a chance to pick up a first down and kneel - and in all three games (twice in the Chiefs games), our offense failed and our defense closed the game out.

We gave up too many points in these three games, to the Saints and the other Seahawks game. But they also performed great in a lot of games, including the playoffs - with their best overall performance IMO holding Tom Brady to 3 points in the first three quarters and giving our offense the ball tied at 3, despite how inept the offense played that entire game.

I don't think you watched many Rams games if you think that the Rams won "due to their offensive scoring".
Rams Defense played great. Against teams below .500.

Average score 2018

Teams with less than 8 wins 15.9 ppg
Teams with 8 or more wins. 28.9 ppg.

Yeah, I watched a lot of Rams games.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Average score 2018

That happened to coincide with Talib playing as well. Here are the teams we played without him:

Vikings/Broncos/Seahawks/Niners/Packers/Saints/Seahawks/Chiefs

With him:

Raiders/Cardinals/Chargers/Lions/Bears/Eagles/Cardinals/Niners/Cowboys/Saints/Patriots

The most points we allowed with him was to the Eagles - 30 - after that it was 23 to the Chargers, 23 to to the Saints, 20 to the Cowboys.

And you ignored the other part of what I said - even when we look at the games the defense gave up a lot of points, there were several bright spots that they were much better than their play:

Vikings - offense couldn't put the game away, defense won it by forcing a turnover
@Seattle - our only truly terrible defensive game all year
Packers - our offense couldn't do anything in the first half and our defense held Rodgers to 10 points and scored the first points of the game to get us back in it
Saints - gave up 45 points, which is bad - but the defense shut them down in the 2nd half allowing our offense to get the ball down 38-35, only for the offense to choke
Seahawks - defense forced a turnover to go up by two scores, then the offense couldn't put it away and the defense stopped them
Chiefs - stopped the Chiefs offense twice after the offense scored the "game winning" TD - the offense couldn't put it away after the first stop by the defense

What's even crazier is that you're ignoring the playoffs, where the Rams held Tom Brady to his lowest scoring output of any playoff game, held the Saints under 300 yards in the SUPERDOME, and held the Cowboys to 50 yards rushing.

Stats can be misleading and this is a good example of that. When the chips were down, the Rams defense always had the best player on the field and that showed up.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think, with a good draft, your team may do very well. A. Jones is a good player, so I disagree with the whole Bell thing. Not to discredit Bell, at all, he is a top 3 RB in our league, and special. I like the defensive additions, and last years CB's drafted. Alexander could be special. ARod is just as great as any player to ever play the position.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Do y'all think Clay Mathews grows his hair long so dudes have something to hold onto while he is getting rammed from behind?

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
No, sorry

I tell my buddy the packers fan the same, bears and Vikings are better teams.

Outside of 12 and Adam's, no one on that packers offense scares me. Defense should improve this off season but paying a qb that much hurts everyone else .

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
No, sorry

I tell my buddy the packers fan the same, bears and Vikings are better teams.

Outside of 12 and Adam's, no one on that packers offense scares me. Defense should improve this off season but paying a qb that much hurts everyone else .
Well, it's paying the QB that much is coming the Rams way. Goffs 5th year option cost would be above $22 million.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Average score 2018

Well, they gave up less than 20 per game in the playoffs. So there's that.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
WHAT in the name of corn on the cobb is goin' on 'round here???
...Vikings, Pack, and Gowboy fans?? talkin' about their teams??? on OUR BOARD???

lol j/k, we welcome all kinds around here.

Pack need a Reggie White to balance their D with their O. They almost beat us last year, so I'd say they're still close. But... new H/C.... Maybe they get a great DE to fall to theM?

Last edited:

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Well, they gave up less than 20 per game in the playoffs. So there's that.
Last team to so that was the Giants in 2011. And they have been back in the playoffs how many times since then?(1) And their defense gives up 23.9 ppg since then? Not saying it will happen to the Rams, but it's something to watch for.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Last team to so that was the Giants in 2011. And they have been back in the playoffs how many times since then?(1) And their defense gives up 23.9 ppg since then? Not saying it will happen to the Rams, but it's something to watch for.

I do remember people saying the Rams will flop because of the Eagles Dream Team. Those teams have nothing to do with today's team.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Passive aggressive much?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Do y'all think Clay Mathews grows his hair long so dudes have something to hold onto while he is getting rammed from behind?

Is that how it works for your brokeback cowboys ?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Average score 2018

So if a team gives up almost 28 ppg against over .500 teams in the regular season, and then around 20 ppg in the playoffs, that's a problem?
Somebody should have told the Patriots that...

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Is that how it works for your brokeback cowboys ?
Wow. Never heard that joke before. I'm guessing you also used to say Tony Homo, thinking nobody else ever thought of that. Good attempt, but you're not funny. I'd laugh and give you props if you came up with a clever, original joke about my team, but you failed. I'll be nice and give you 3pts, though. Same amount the rams scored in the Super Bowl.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Wow. Never heard that joke before. I'm guessing you also used to say Tony Homo, thinking nobody else ever thought of that. Good attempt, but you're not funny. I'd laugh and give you props if you came up with a clever, original joke about my team, but you failed. I'll be nice and give you 3pts, though. Same amount the rams scored in the Super Bowl.

No, never said that about Romo, but your homophobic post wasn't very clever either, i'm sorry to have even bothered to reply to it.