A question for you guys?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the direction their free agency looks t be taking the team. Seems like they’re adding some toughness. They need to get two guys ready to step in and contribute with they’re first round picks though. Any thoughts on what direction they go with these picks?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
You guys think my Pack can bounce back next year and get back to the playoffs?

I thought that if you went after Bell and Brown it would have been dynamic. But as it stands...I don’t think so. AR is good, but he can’t do it all. They failed hard by not bringing in Bell. They should have done whatever was necessary to make that happen.

Packfan18

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the direction their free agency looks t be taking the team. Seems like they’re adding some toughness. They need to get two guys ready to step in and contribute with they’re first round picks though. Any thoughts on what direction they go with these picks?

I think they should go with a WR for a Number 1? What do you think?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they should go with a WR for a Number 1? What do you think?
I see a lot of Hockensen at #12 tbh a few going WR but more Hockensen. As for #30 I really think if they're smart they just go bpa. You could see a DT like Tillery or an Edge or even a safety like Adderly. Either way they should get 2 contributors it's a good spot to be in.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I’ve always rather liked the Pack. I just haven’t paid much attention to their off season. It seems to me that a big need would be getting more weapons for AR and re-tooling the Oline but their defense wasn’t exactly tops either.

Good luck. I wouldn’t mind seeing them at least win their division.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They're in a tough spot. Chicago is a good young team, and the Vikings are still the most talented team in that division IMO. I fully expect the Vikings to bounce back and make the playoffs at the very least, and possibly winning the NFCN.

I love the Packers actually being aggressive in FA. But I don't think they need much at WR - Adams is a stud and Allison is decent. I'd pick up a TE and slot WR possibly - but as midtier FA types. They really need to work on that defense - with a solid D, Rodgers is good enough to win a bunch of games regardless of who is at WR.

Also use Aaron Jones more next year, obviously.

If I had to guess right this second, my take would be that the Vikes win the division, Packers get a wildcard, Bears fight for the other wildcard and fall short. I don't trust Trubisky, and while they had a good year last year, haven't been able to improve their team much this offseason. I'm also in the minority about this, but I just would not shell out the money they did for Mack - much less the first round picks. I think that's a move that puts them in contention every year but never gets them to the top. He's paid like Aaron Donald and he's not nearly as good.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Really tired of all things Packers. Favre, Rodgers, Matthews, Lombardi enough! Try sucking for a whole decade then making the playoffs will mean something. Only continuous thing about the Packers I can stand is the public ownership of the team. Your team has got that right.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@Packfan18 you could go edge rusher too.

Question for you: Does Matthews have anything left in the tank to play ILB for us?

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
A couple of random thoughts:
I think the NFC North is up for grabs. With Vic Fangio bolting for Denver, I could see the Bears' defense taking a step back. The Vikings are one of those teams that you could never tell, heading into the year, what you're gonna get.

Yeah, a WR might help....but I think a workhorse RB might be a more vital missing piece. Not saying they have to spend their first-round pick on one.

And because of the McVay connection, I'm interested to see how Matt LaFleur does in his first year as an NFL HC.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Don’t they need receiving threats? Rodgers can use some help on offense. Pass Catchers and RB seem to be big needs imo. I could see Hockensen being picked. I don’t know if I’m a huge believer in his talent though. I saw him twice in college and he didn’t jump off the screen.

The best bet imo is to go with the strength of the draft in round 1 to get the best players, so DT/edge early.

One problem with the Packers imo is Rodgers seems to be too big to be coached. It will be interesting to see how it goes with McCarthy out.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I think they will contend for a wild card spot but the Vikings are still the class of that division. They re-signed their best FAs on defense and Cousins should be better in year two of that offense. I don't see the Bears repeating their record from last year, I'm just not sold on their offense although their defense will keep them in most games.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
A Rodgers is an asshole. One hell of a QB... but my guess is that the only time you'll see his conceded ass during the NFL playoffs is during commercials for insurance.

"A" is for asshole.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
It depends on the Packers defense. It's tough to win giving up 25 ppg on defense. This goes for the Rams as well. They got away with it this past year, but don't expect it to continue. You have to stop the other team from scoring to continually win in the NFL. And neither the Packers or the Rams did that last year. The Rams were able to win due to their offensive scoring, that doesn't normally stay at a high level. Players change teams, injuries, and other teams adjust.

Personally, I don't think Rodgers has looked right since he came back for his last injury. I think that injury messed up his throwing motion just enough to make him off and he hasn't figured it out yet.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It depends on the Packers defense. It's tough to win giving up 25 ppg on defense. This goes for the Rams as well. They got away with it this past year, but don't expect it to continue. You have to stop the other team from scoring to continually win in the NFL. And neither the Packers or the Rams did that last year. The Rams were able to win due to their offensive scoring, that doesn't normally stay at a high level. Players change teams, injuries, and other teams adjust.

Personally, I don't think Rodgers has looked right since he came back for his last injury. I think that injury messed up his throwing motion just enough to make him off and he hasn't figured it out yet.

That may not be the case with the Rams statistically, but our defense was actually good last year. Our defense struggled without Talib and played lights out with him - the difference highlighted by holding the Cowboys, Saints and Patriots to an average of 18.7 PPG in the playoffs.

And even in some games without Talib, we had a few games where the defense performed poorly, but the offense couldn't close the game and the defense did - the Vikings, Seahawks and Chiefs home games come to mind. We gave up 31, 31, and 44 points defensively in these games - our offense scored 38, 36 and 40 - but in all three of these games, our offense had the ball with a chance to pick up a first down and kneel - and in all three games (twice in the Chiefs games), our offense failed and our defense closed the game out.

We gave up too many points in these three games, to the Saints and the other Seahawks game. But they also performed great in a lot of games, including the playoffs - with their best overall performance IMO holding Tom Brady to 3 points in the first three quarters and giving our offense the ball tied at 3, despite how inept the offense played that entire game.

I don't think you watched many Rams games if you think that the Rams won "due to their offensive scoring".

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like what the Pack have done so far in FA. I also think keeping Pettine was a good call. Not sure LaFleur is ready, that's going to dictate things I think. But you still have the best QB in the league so that will give him some room for error.

If your defense improves to that 10ish range in scoring allowed you'll make the playoffs and might even win your division. Bears have a nice roster but I don't think they're a given in that division. I think the prob with your division is moreso overall strength, where I expect all 4 teams will be improved next season. Which means #1 seed type win/loss record will be hard to come by.