A few thoughts on ‘fixing’ this Ram O...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
First off I have NEVER thought of Austin Corbett as a CENTER??? Has he even taken any snaps a Center this season in Practice???
Austin Blythe is a Veteran Leader on The Rams no more no less.He was only signed for 1 year.
Edwards?? Who is starting today?? Please don’t tell me my Man Joe??
Who is The Rams starting QB today?
Okay, I'll respond to your thought on Corbett. Since his arrival, I have considered him to be one of the better choices to be groomed to be a starting OG. That very early opinion resulted in being correct. AC is over 6-4/310 pounds is a good size interior OL'er & has now been Kromer's starting OG for two seasons back to back.

During his college career & his short 3 yrs in the NFL AC has started in 3 positions. Being strictly an LT in college left him lacking lower-body power & strength, which is very typical for a 4 yr college starting LT. Thus he was in a big need to beef up for interior wars & he did do that.

AC demonstrated good versatility playing LT in college & now in the NFL starting on both sides of the Ol at OG. Why would you question his versatility to move inside a few feet to OC? He is certainly smart enough he is a future surgeon in waiting!

To add to this conversation Kromer has other options now @ RG in last years starting RT & former 3rd round selection Bobby Evans. There is also a rookie from the Championship team Clemson Tremayne Anchrum who is also being groomed for OG action. You are fully aware of former starting college RG Chandler Brewer in 2021 too. That's three Ram signed OL'ers who all could fill the vacancy @ RG if needed.

So I have moved in my opinion on AC due to the ongoing issues @ center when Blythe is matched up on an NT by himself which he ends up being brutally manhandled. I not sure you can be the veteran leader of an Ol when you played so poorly 3 out of 4 losing games against the 49ers, Jets & Seahawks thus losing the Western Division Championship causing your team to play all the playoffs gms on the road.

Now for the positive last week, Blythe had one of his better games in months going up against a less than average interior Cards DT's Blythe did reach his highest grade of 2020 I believe with a PFF 71.3 score.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Okay, I'll respond to your thought on Corbett. Since his arrival, I have considered him to be one of the better choices to be groomed to be a starting OG. That very early opinion resulted in being correct. AC is over 6-4/310 pounds is a good size interior OL'er & has now been Kromer's starting OG for two seasons back to back.

During his college career & his short 3 yrs in the NFL AC has started in 3 positions. Being strictly an LT in college left him lacking lower-body power & strength, which is very typical for a 4 yr college starting LT. Thus he was in a big need to beef up for interior wars & he did do that.

AC demonstrated good versatility playing LT in college & now in the NFL starting on both sides of the Ol at OG. Why would you question his versatility to move inside a few feet to OC? He is certainly smart enough he is a future surgeon in waiting!

To add to this conversation Kromer has other options now @ RG in last years starting RT & former 3rd round selection Bobby Evans. There is also a rookie from the Championship team Clemson Tremayne Anchrum who is also being groomed for OG action. You are fully aware of former starting college RG Chandler Brewer in 2021 too. That's three Ram signed OL'ers who all could fill the vacancy @ RG if needed.

So I have moved in my opinion on AC due to the ongoing issues @ center when Blythe is matched up on an NT by himself which he ends up being brutally manhandled. I not sure you can be the veteran leader of an Ol when you played so poorly 3 out of 4 losing games against the 49ers, Jets & Seahawks thus losing the Western Division Championship causing your team to play all the playoffs gms on the road.

Now for the positive last week, Blythe had one of his better games in months going up against a less than average interior Cards DT's Blythe did reach his highest grade of 2020 I believe with a PFF 71.3 score.

Bonify- respect & enjoy your insight.

I’m aware of all you posted,but don’t see Austin Corbett
moving to Center.I’m not going to knock him,unless today he doesn’t show up.I’ll stay tune right now & debate later.

Let’s Go Rams!! My hope is The Offensive Line has there best game all season .

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Id let Blythe go move Corbett to C have Edwards and Evans as the OGs Whit and Hav at T. I think puts our best 5 out there.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Id let Blythe go move Corbett to C have Edwards and Evans as the OGs Whit and Hav at T. I think puts our best 5 out there.

That's exactly what I would do...if Whit doesn't retire after this year. If so, we'll need a left tackle.