49ers at Rams Vent Thread.... Have at it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we've all underestimated exactly how much this team NEEDS a deep threat. That, honestly is job #1 to fill.

Without that deep threat, it's too easy to use safeties to bracket Kupp and Woods.

Often, Cooks biggest contribution was taking a safety with him deep and creating space for Woods and Kupp.

I was thinking the same. Nobody respects Reynolds because he plays too weak when one on one deep.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
we're not talking about the offense and goff's crappy play. the defense played like it was fatigued in the 1st half, letting the rbs and wrs especially run at will, again, for the second game in a row against those fucking whiners. the only reason the whiners didn't score more points was their crappy backup qb missing throws.

they played with energy and discipline in the 2nd half. the whiner's run game went nowhere and the wrs were kept in check.

they caused a turnover then scooped up and scored. they sacked the qb and stopped them for a 3 and out. they saw the offense drive the length of the field for a td. the rams somehow had the lead.

then when it was their time to really shine, all the momentum and such, they folded like a cheap tent. don't make excuses for them. nobody is making excuses for goff. the defense has the best dlineman in the league and the best cover corner in the league. how can they let deebo samuel embarrass them again, two games in a row? let the backup qb drive twice to win the game? screw fatigue as an excuse.

Your basically creating your own narrative .....simplifying it...take away the Rams offense from this game and it yields basically no effect a loss but still a better showing a close game. Take away the defense and it's a whiner blowout. They made crucial stops earlier they helped the team get back in it. At some point you (being the offense) need to stand on your own two feet and contribute something anything. Recognize what the defense did to bring the team back from the dead and once more I will state for the love of god get a couple of first downs. You see the difference is the offense almost gave up as many points as the defense. You can't score you can't get first downs at least don't give up points. Our offense actually worked with the whiners to beat the Rams and there defense. The fact that you can even put anything on the defense cause of a back up qb again is like saying the defense was subpar. If the defense was subpar well then what does that make the offense?

If someone breaks tape down of this game where do we think the focus will be on? Man defense cannot be perfect and even if we say they were not they still almost helped us to a win. That cannot be even joked about in reference to the offense and particularly goff. Sorry man.

TexasRam

Legend
Having a chance to cool off I decided to share my opinion on the game and Goff's performance as I am sure the Goff Haters will have posted in full force here.

1. Goff played like shit in this game. I will admit it. The turnovers cannot happen. The Fumble was his fault. The interceptions were his fault. The thing that pisses me off the most is that everyone and their brother knew that if we didn't turn the ball over we were going to win the game due to our defense and The Niners ever challenged offense. So this game Goff has to own, and I believe he does after watching the post game. One thing Goff needs to get better at is the vertical throws. He is the best short and mid level thrower in the game in my opinion. But Goff cannot hit a vertical route to save his life right now. He needs to work on that. He has done in at times in the past. He needs to put some air on his passes. The throw to Hendo and to Kupp could have changed the game, but he isn't hitting those. Having said that, so many players played like shit. It was one of those games where so many small things were falling apart, Kind of hard for a team to recover when Goff doesn't protect the ball and all those small things breakdown.

2. The Niners defense is really good. I don't think a reasonable person would think that the Niners when at full force with Sherman aren't legitimately a championship level defense. They are down Bosa, but their secondary and linebacker play is just lights out. They had everything covered up real well and they deserve credit. They particularly match up well with us because whether you admit it or not, we are a pass oriented team. Short to medium. They particularly stop that well. It's just a matchup from hell for us. If we had a deep threat like a Metcalf, Lockett or Tyreek Hill, then we would have options. But we don't. Josh Reynolds is in no regard a deep threat. People should keep in mind that Sherman has been out 9 games but when his in, that Niners defense can suffocate passing offenses. Look back at the Super Bowl. Mahomes had around 160 yards passing vs this Niners defense at the end of the 4th quarter. He couldn't do anything all game with multiple Pro Bowl targets to throw to. It wasn't until a 3rd and forever pass to Tyreek Hill that they finally broke through. Hill was wide open by 10 yards. Without that player and speed, Mahomes final stats would look exactly like Goff's today. Top defenses do this. Kurt Warner vs Tampa Bay in the 1999 Championship game couldn't do anything all game until the end of the game on a miracle prayer catch by Rickey Proehl. That is with 3 Pro Bowl WR/RB's. Top defenses shut down top QB's.

3. This is just one game. Goff and this defense have had several big games showing they can help us make a deep run in the playoffs. Unfortunately, the Niners have our number. Fortunately, we probably won't have to worry about them come playoffs unless they can play every other team like they play us. I recommend remembering this is one game and we have already shown we can beat Tampa, Seattle and go toe to toe with Buffalo in big games. Particularly Goff has played lights out in those games if you are realistic. It's going to come down to beating Arizona and Seattle. Both teams I think we match up well with. And trust me, neither team has a Niners level defense.

Last edited:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
The play that upset me the most out of any play (even Goffs pick 6) was Josh Reynolds jogging and not even attempting to make a play for that deep pass-I mean dude showed the passion of a 90-year old man crossing the street with a walker. I would play Van Jefferson the rest of the way and let Reynolds count down the days to free agency. He didn't even put an arm out in the direction of the football-just casually jogged right by. Him and Goff need to take the bus to Arizona
Been saying for weeks that Reynolds plays lazy sometimes.
No extra effort from him at all.

I don't understand why this guy is playing over Jefferson. Reynolds attitude and soft playing really pisses me off. Please sit this clown down and play Jefferson or more 2 TE sets.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That Reynolds deep route was the worst effort by a Rams player I'd seen in a long time.

How, in a McVay offense do you think that you don't even have to look for the ball???
Sammy Watkins was guilty of that a few times too. Bye bye Reynolds.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't understand why this guy is playing over Jefferson. Reynolds attitude and soft playing really pisses me off. Please sit this clown down and play Jefferson or more 2 TE sets.

Agreed. His effort was poor. He's a better runner after the catch than Van, but Josh isn't physical. When Sherman came off the edge on that running play, Reynolds was coming across the formation and could have flattened him at full speed. Instead, he pulled up and let Sherman tackle Henderson for a loss. And then you have the many instances of him making no effort to fight through a defender to catch deep passes.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Having a chance to cool off I decided to share my opinion on the game and Goff's performance as I am sure the Goff Haters will have posted in full force here.

1. Goff played like shit in this game. I will admit it. The turnovers cannot happen. The Fumble was his fault. The interceptions were his fault. The thing that pisses me off the most is that everyone and their brother knew that if we didn't turn the ball over we were going to win the game due to our defense and The Niners ever challenged offense. So this game Goff has to own, and I believe he does after watching the post game. One thing Goff needs to get better at is the vertical throws. He is the best short and mid level thrower in the game in my opinion. But Goff cannot hit a vertical route to save his life right now. He needs to work on that. He has done in at times in the past. He needs to put some air on his passes. The throw to Hendo and to Kupp could have changed the game, but he isn't hitting those. Having said that, so many players played like shit. It was one of those games where so many small things were falling apart, Kind of hard for a team to recover when Goff doesn't protect the ball and all those small things breakdown.

2. The Niners defense is really good. I don't think a reasonable person would think that the Niners when at full force with Sherman aren't legitimately a championship level defense. They are down Bosa, but their secondary and linebacker play is just lights out. They had everything covered up real well and they deserve credit. They particularly match up well with us because whether you admit it or not, we are a pass oriented team. Short to medium. They particularly stop that well. It's just a matchup from hell for us. If we had a deep threat like a Metcalf, Lockett or Tyreek Hill, then we would have options. But we don't. Josh Reynolds is in no regard a deep threat.

3. This is just one game. Goff and this defense have had several big games showing they can help us make a deep run in the playoffs. Unfortunately, the Niners have our number. Fortunately, we probably won't have to worry about them come playoffs unless they can play every other team like they play us. I recommend remembering this is one game and we have already shown we can beat Tampa, Seattle and go toe to toe with Buffalo in big games. Particularly Goff has played lights out in those games if you are realistic. It's going to come down to beating Arizona and Seattle. Both teams I think we match up well with. And trust me, neither team has a Niners level defense.

very well said bro, and just because some us get upset because Goff played like shit doesn't mean we are Goff haters. Believe me I would be super happy if Goff was playing like an MVP because we would be blowing teams out. Goff has been good, average, and awful this year. We really just need him to protect the ball. I'm hoping he can turn this around because without him we are fucked.

TexasRam

Legend
The game ended hours ago. I still hate the fucking 49ers.

Trust me bro, I grew up in the bay area through the Niners two decades of dominating the Rams. Hearing it everyday from everyon I knew. I know the feeling. The hard part is we are the better team but always have these uncharacteristic breakdowns when we play them. Sherman is getting old so their decline is coming.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Your basically creating your own narrative .....simplifying it...take away the Rams offense from this game and it yields basically no effect a loss but still a better showing a close game. Take away the defense and it's a whiner blowout. They made crucial stops earlier they helped the team get back in it. At some point you (being the offense) need to stand on your own two feet and contribute something anything. Recognize what the defense did to bring the team back from the dead and once more I will state for the love of god get a couple of first downs. You see the difference is the offense almost gave up as many points as the defense. You can't score you can't get first downs at least don't give up points. Our offense actually worked with the whiners to beat the Rams and there defense. The fact that you can even put anything on the defense cause of a back up qb again is like saying the defense was subpar. If the defense was subpar well then what does that make the offense?

If someone breaks tape down of this game where do we think the focus will be on? Man defense cannot be perfect and even if we say they were not they still almost helped us to a win. That cannot be even joked about in reference to the offense and particularly goff. Sorry man.
What narrative? The defense failed to stop san Fran when they needed too. That's not narrative. That's fact. Quit making excuses for the defense while crucifying goff and the offense. That's hypocrisy at its finest.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Not a Goff hater in the least. But that pick 6 at the start of the 2nd half cost us the game.
Toughen up, learn from it and move on.
Otherwise McVay will, even with that huge contract.
Goff simply has too many "bad" games. IMO he got his one and only against Miami. Had enough of it kid. Niners do match up well with us, but not having some sort of drive to end the game was inexcusable. We gave it right back to them and they have a stud kicker. Out first series where we got 3 points, Goff missed on a open 3rd down and it very well could have been a TD had he hit the man, at the very least 1st down deep in their territory.
Mahomes has never really had a bad game yet.
Snap out of it Jared.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
What narrative? The defense failed to stop san Fran when they needed too. That's not narrative. That's fact. Quit making excuses for the defense while crucifying goff and the offense. That's hypocrisy at its finest.

Seriously the narrative is without the defense the Rams aren't even in the game while without the offense nothing much changes. The defense could have should have but they did with out there play those plays you speak of don't even happen. It's not hypocrisy it's reality. Need to remove the blinders p. Would have been great if the defense scored 2 pick sixes as well but that ain't there job. Those plays your trying to equalize with shit goff plays and shit offense plays are non existent if not for the defense. So the defense gets us in it change game momentum but we want to pick on those plays not the terrible offense not the turnovers not the missed throws. That's hypocrisy and that's trying to bend the facts to fit a narrative.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Seriously the narrative is without the defense the Rams aren't even in the game while without the offense nothing much changes. The defense could have should have but they did with out there play those plays you speak of don't even happen. It's not hypocrisy it's reality. Need to remove the blinders p. Would have been great if the defense scored 2 pick sixes as well but that ain't there job. Those plays your trying to equalize with shit goff plays and shit offense plays are non existent if not for the defense. So the defense gets us in it change game momentum but we want to pick on those plays not the terrible offense not the turnovers not the missed throws. That's hypocrisy and that's trying to bend the facts to fit a narrative.
Bending the facts? Here's a fact the rams had a 20-17 lead and what is the defense job? To stop them from scoring right? Did they do that when they had the lead? No they didn't. I'm not bending facts here bud you are. You crucify goff and the offense while giving the defense a pass when it was them who surrendered the lead. If you're not gonna makes excuses then dont makes excuses. Dont pick and choose who you're gonna make excuses for.
Quit being a hypocrite.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Embarrassing. Against a CFL team...

The Niners have a very good roster. They don’t have any weaknesses. John Lynch has put together a good team that has had to deal with some tough injuries. Even with Mullens at QB they are a tough out. Very good at run blocking, good pass blocking great YAC receiving, Mostert is very fast. Getting Sherman back was huge for them.. Jimmy Ward is one of the best SS in the game. Werner the DLine, and d scheme all give this Rams team fits. And Shanahan is a very good coach. I worry that Mullens is growing and could outplay Garapolo. Then they’d be able to free up cap and trade JG, and keep the core together.

That being said, the Rams shouldn’t be losing to them twice a year.

Marc Spector

Rookie
Bending the facts? Here's a fact the rams had a 20-17 lead and what is the defense job? To stop them from scoring right? Did they do that when they had the lead? No they didn't. I'm not bending facts here bud you are. You crucify goff and the offense while giving the defense a pass when it was them who surrendered the lead. If you're not gonna makes excuses then dont makes excuses. Dont pick and choose who you're gonna make excuses for.
Quit being a hypocrite.

there is not a defense in NFL history that can hold, when the offense is constantly punting or coughing up turnovers.

The fact that our D scored and shut down the 9ers run game in the 2nd half is a achievement in and of itself.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
there is not a defense in NFL history that can hold, when the offense is constantly punting or coughing up turnovers.

The fact that our D scored and shut down the 9ers run game in the 2nd half is a achievement in and of itself.
The 2000 ravens.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am a huge Goff fan, but he is not seeing the field. On late 4th quarter all out blitz call a time out reset or throw quick slant.

I have been saying this OL is not much better than last year. No deep crossers, deep outs etc.

All year long we are throwing short. We have trouble running against better teams.

We are averaging less ppg than last year. We need to fix the Offense or we are definitely not going anywhere this year.

I’ve laid off the overall line play, with the exception of the weakest links. But I agree. I keep saying a very good offensive line needs a couple of all out studs. Whit is one then the rest are meh. You can’t build a great Oline without at least two dominant players. Having weaknesses along decent to good players is a net negative. Having a great player next to a good player elevates the decent players game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Goff. Nothing else really needs to be said.

McVays timeouts at the end of the game were incredibly stupid. They basically allowed the Niners to get a free 10 yards.

Williams had text book coverage on Samuel, sometimes the offense just makes plays.

Lynch drafts receivers that are good after the catch. Samuel, Aiyuk, and Kittle are three players that are very good with YAC. It’s a winning philosophy with weak armed QBs. If the Niners ever get a real QB they will be the cream of the NFC for years. Consider the injuries they have and can still play with good teams.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Quit being a hypocrite.

Honestly are you whacked. How dare you try and pin anything on the defense???
?????? You don't have that lead or not in any position to win were it not for the defense. You can't penalize the defense for putting itself offensively and defensivery in position to win the game when your offense which is supposed to do anything and I mean anything just a first down or two and it's probably a different outcome. I mean like seriously talk about looking at it from one side. Selfishly I would have wanted the defense to be perfect to and "do there job" but what was the job of the offense to do nothing and watch the defense? Or even better turn the ball over numerous times and of course one better put points on the board for the whiners. Yea damn that defense they really blew it. If only they could have played offense too oh wait they scored as many touchdowns as the offense and if you take the pick 6 on the offense the defense actually out score the offense. So yea please forgive me if I don't quite see it like you small picture perfect world yes the robot defense should have held them but big picture our offense was a pop gun and was completely the reason we lost this game.

Karate61

There can be no excellence without effort.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SportsBook Bookie
Camp Reporter
Name
Jeff
I did. I also saw the Buffalo game where he almost singlehandedly brought us back from a massive deficit. Goff isn't consistent. When he sucks, he really sucks. But there are much worse QBs out there, and we don't have a better option.
Inconsistencies are really, really bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.