2nd Training Camp Practice News, and Reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Yes ... most rookies have to prove themselves on ST's ... correct?? And I never said that he will make it without proving it ... but if you read the reports .. he IS proving it. THAT is what I am going by. And yes you do have a right to your opinion. But during a disagreement, I like to see something concrete if the other side of it wants me to change my thinking. Draft guides .. .and just spewing he can't play anything other than the slot doesn't jive with reports of what he IS doing, nor his play in college.

But to each his own. I see it as Austin, Britt, Cooper, Marquez, Thomas and Spruce as making this team.
You mean the same reports that say the Duke is dogging it but Tru signaled him out as a player that really impressed him? I take those reports with a grain of salt. I will just say you have your opinion and I have mine.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
You mean the same reports that say the Duke is dogging it but Tru signaled him out as a player that really impressed him? I take those reports with a grain of salt. I will just say you have your opinion and I have mine.
Tru singled him out in TODAY'S ST's practice ... but whatever

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Spruce was a gunner and return man on ST for Colorado. Getting separation from PAC-12 DB's is nothing to scoff at. A lot of NFL DB's came from the PAC-12.

Spruce reminds me of one of those guys in a playground pick-up game, while choosing guys, he's one of the last ones picked because he doesn't look like a player, and when the game gets on, everyone says "damn, I should have picked that guy first". Spruce just quietly gets it done.

Of course it will be dertermined in TC and pre-season games if he makes the team, having watched him play the last couple of years, I like his chances. Spruce just happens to be my UDFA dark horse favorite.

Can't wait for pre season games

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fisher has said Spruce will need to make the transition to the slot to make it in the league. You can't call the guy the next Danny Amendola then say he can play on the outside. To me he is a JAG like Greg Salas overachiever solid hands, solid routes, but highly replaceable and will need to schemed open.

Spruce is clearly behind Marquez and Cooper. Can he be a marquez level special teamer? I don't know, but WRs who play on all special teams like Marquez are hard to find and if he cant do that where is his spot? Higbee, Cooper, Marquez and occasionally Kendricks and Tavon will all get reps in the slot before he does. Rams need guys on the outside and their only clear options at this point are Tavon, Britt, and maybe Mike Thomas. I would rather give that 6th WR spot to someone who could be more sucesful on the outside instead of adding yet another slot option.

Duke Williams is the next Bradley Marquez. He got everyone fired up.
He didn't look very slow to me. Reminds me of Jordy Nelson.
duke Williams will beat him out. BTW Nelson was quick. Those players out of K- St. Are under rated.

-- My favs a a draftnix ..

Sproles. Gordy Nelson. Tyler Lockette

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Thought he was an overrated big body, a little slow, and lethargic when he was actually on the field in college, and his combine numbers backed that up.
Hemingway also had a great 3-cone time. From all of his interviews, seems like a well spoken, intelligent young man....I liked him since his combine. Looks like a sleeper.
Liked that other TE outta S. Carolina too...

Speed is so overrated for WR's.
stop it bubba! No such thing as overrated speed....See the quote below from Fassel. And he's just coaching ST. We don't wanna get in the predicament like a few years ago...bunch of slot types....none are in the league except Danny. The one slot wr we should have re-signed.
Speed helps...and Jerry Rice wasn't running a 4.7...dude has tape of running away from some of the fastest guys in the pros....
All else being equal, which it rarely is, take the faster/bigger player....football 101

''You're looking for guys that can run,'' Fassel said.
at every position....

I like North and Thomas, to make the squad....maybe Williams if he's in shape, can learn the plays, and limits mistakes. His game tape is awesome against some of the best players in college. And, no he isn't that fast, but he gets open because of serious size. He plays big too. And he's a slot wr....just like Cooper, Spruce, Marquez, and Tavon.
So I see McRoberts, Spruce, and Williams on the PS....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
What are Rams WR's know for last few years? Poor route running, no separation, dropped balls. What is Nelson Spruce known for? Good route running, good separation, no dropped balls. Speed is so overrated for WR's. Its not "how fast can you run" its " can you get open and can you catch?" Spruce also plays special teams as a gunner and return man. Its going to be why Spruce makes the team.
Exactly, he's just what we need in spite of people trying to pigeon hole him and others as only being able to satisfy one roll in the passing game. Get the best WR's available and put them on the roster.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I know! One of those things so crazy it makes sense. Next thing you know we'll be slicing bread instead of just ripping chunks off the loaf while we let our meat loaf.