2024 NFL Draft Talk, News, Rumors, and Selections

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Interesting that Snead and McVay were talking about a reddit guy talking them taking oline in top 10... why talk about it? Why even was it on their radar... hmm...
Your intentionally trying to scare me.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting that Snead and McVay were talking about a reddit guy talking them taking oline in top 10... why talk about it? Why even was it on their radar... hmm...
*Joe Alt, there is no substitute ~ Snead's Brain

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Anyone else besides me going to Rams sponsored draft party in Hermosa Beach?
I don't want to be the only one there making an ass of myself.
(I will if I must.)
I would go if I lived over there, but if I’m going from PA to LA, it would be to see a game

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Could offering Justin Jefferson get Vikings to No. 2?​

Last summer, I said that, if the Vikings don’t sign him to a long-term deal before the start of the 2023 regular season, he’ll potentially be in play for a trade that would position the Vikings to draft a player who could become their first franchise quarterback since Fran Tarkenton.

Two days until the draft, a Jefferson trade remains possible — because the Vikings still haven’t signed Jefferson to a new deal.

As explained over the weekend and on Tuesday’s PFT Live, it would be easy (but not cheap) to sign Jefferson to a long-term deal. G.M. Kwesi Adofo-Mensah has already said Jefferson should be paid like a top non-quarterback. That’s currently $34 million per year in new money.

Seriously, it could be done in a matter of hours. The numbers are the numbers. Extend by three years, guarantee the first three, put the new-money average at $34.1 million, and get out the pens.

With no deal done and the Vikings clearly looking to move up and get their long-term quarterback, why not offer Jefferson? The Vikings clearly don’t value him the way they should, or he’d be under contract well beyond 2024.

Here’s the question. Would Jefferson for the second overall pick (which would become Jayden Daniels), straight up, be enough? Would the Commodes want more?

They’d surely want the eleventh overall pick in order to get their own quarterback. Would Jefferson plus the eleventh overall pick in exchange for the second overall pick and the thirty-sixth overall pick get it done? How about the second overall pick and receiver Terry McLaurin?

It all comes down to whether the Commodes would want Jefferson — and whether they would be willing to pay him. They also would need to have a solid answer at quarterback. (If all else fails, they could call Tom Brady, who clearly wants the phone to ring.)

A trade obviously hinges on whether the Vikings would be willing to trade Jefferson. Again, they apparently aren’t willing to pay him; why not trade him?

The Vikings have had plenty of great receivers since their last Super Bowl appearance, in 1976. Ahmad Rashad. Anthony Carter. Cris Carter. Randy Moss. Jake Reed. Percy Harvin. Adam Thielen. Stefon Diggs. None have gotten the Vikings to the Super Bowl. Tarkenton got them to three.

If getting a quarterback who could transform the franchise requires trading Jefferson, it’s worth considering. Especially if the Vikings are reluctant to pay Jefferson what he deserves.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
That’s a great trade for the WFT. You get the best WR in the conference and the #11pick, possibly the vikes’ 2nd to offset the huge contract Jefferson will require, and you will have plenty of draft capital to jump back into the QB mix at #5. The chargers would be crazy not to be involved with a 1rst round pick swap while receiving extra pick(s).

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Interesting how some comments can be interpreted differently.

I interpreted their comments (mostly by Snead) as a bit of a dis towards the now somewhat popular opinion that the Rams will trade-up and into the top-10 for an O-Lineman.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Could offering Justin Jefferson get Vikings to No. 2?​

Last summer, I said that, if the Vikings don’t sign him to a long-term deal before the start of the 2023 regular season, he’ll potentially be in play for a trade that would position the Vikings to draft a player who could become their first franchise quarterback since Fran Tarkenton.

Two days until the draft, a Jefferson trade remains possible — because the Vikings still haven’t signed Jefferson to a new deal.

As explained over the weekend and on Tuesday’s PFT Live, it would be easy (but not cheap) to sign Jefferson to a long-term deal. G.M. Kwesi Adofo-Mensah has already said Jefferson should be paid like a top non-quarterback. That’s currently $34 million per year in new money.

Seriously, it could be done in a matter of hours. The numbers are the numbers. Extend by three years, guarantee the first three, put the new-money average at $34.1 million, and get out the pens.

With no deal done and the Vikings clearly looking to move up and get their long-term quarterback, why not offer Jefferson? The Vikings clearly don’t value him the way they should, or he’d be under contract well beyond 2024.

Here’s the question. Would Jefferson for the second overall pick (which would become Jayden Daniels), straight up, be enough? Would the Commodes want more?

They’d surely want the eleventh overall pick in order to get their own quarterback. Would Jefferson plus the eleventh overall pick in exchange for the second overall pick and the thirty-sixth overall pick get it done? How about the second overall pick and receiver Terry McLaurin?

It all comes down to whether the Commodes would want Jefferson — and whether they would be willing to pay him. They also would need to have a solid answer at quarterback. (If all else fails, they could call Tom Brady, who clearly wants the phone to ring.)

A trade obviously hinges on whether the Vikings would be willing to trade Jefferson. Again, they apparently aren’t willing to pay him; why not trade him?

The Vikings have had plenty of great receivers since their last Super Bowl appearance, in 1976. Ahmad Rashad. Anthony Carter. Cris Carter. Randy Moss. Jake Reed. Percy Harvin. Adam Thielen. Stefon Diggs. None have gotten the Vikings to the Super Bowl. Tarkenton got them to three.

If getting a quarterback who could transform the franchise requires trading Jefferson, it’s worth considering. Especially if the Vikings are reluctant to pay Jefferson what he deserves.
The Commodes stud competition, that the Niners did a few years ago, by taking all 30 official visitors to Top Golf altogether to see who the Alphas were, especially at QB, seems to have exposed Jaden Daniels. Daniels was supposedly the QB they wanted. Afterwards Daniel’s and his agent were both expressing their disgust with that move. To me that = fail on Daniel’s part.

So, depending on how Washington views the other QBs maybe they’d be willing to trade out.

What’s funny is that after the Niners did that social experiment, they drafted Trey Lance.
That’s a great trade for the WFT. You get the best WR in the conference and the #11pick, possibly the vikes’ 2nd to offset the huge contract Jefferson will require, and you will have plenty of draft capital to jump back into the QB mix at #5. The chargers would be crazy not to be involved with a 1rst round pick swap while receiving extra pick(s).
Is it a great deal? They’d have to Pay JJ and get a lesser valued QB. I would pass and take my top QB if I loved one.

Otherwise I think it could take JJ and both #1s

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would have been a really good move for WFT had they not traded Howell

WestCoastRam

Legend
Interesting how some comments can be interpreted differently.

I interpreted their comments (mostly by Snead) as a bit of a dis towards the now somewhat popular opinion that the Rams will trade-up and into the top-10 for an O-Lineman.
I get that... but it is strange that a redditor is on their radar. How did he first get on there? They're really busy guys right now, so are the scouts...

I have no doubt they have an intern or someone scouting online but why this out of all the things to mention. How did this get to them?

I think there's a chance that they are pissed it leaked to Allbright. This reddit thing is just a roundabout way to jokingly address it and try to dismiss.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Anyone else besides me going to Rams sponsored draft party in Hermosa Beach?
I don't want to be the only one there making an ass of myself.
(I will if I must.)
I'm going. I don't live in LA, but I just so happen to be in town for a vacation. Perfect timing to go check out the draft party on Thursday.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I get that... but it is strange that a redditor is on their radar. How did he first get on there? They're really busy guys right now, so are the scouts...

I have no doubt they have an intern or someone scouting online but why this out of all the things to mention. How did this get to them?

I think there's a chance that they are pissed it leaked to Allbright. This reddit thing is just a roundabout way to jokingly address it and try to dismiss.
All that’s possible but you may simply be over-analyzing things.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Cuz they are messing with us. Reddit is a known gossip rumor crazy ass forum. Good way to poke fun at all the guessing. Wouldn't surprise me if they got together to brainstorm how to mess with everyone.