OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Arrests/Lawsuits/Legal Stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
That's probably it.

IRS tax rules has probably caused the NFL to come up with idiotic rules like this.
Another perspective is for free agents and specifically restricted FAs, it would be very discouraging for another team to outbid or even meet with a player that has a verbal agreement plus a form of commitment (travel) during the tampering period.

But yes Cuz would need to claim the flight as compensation under IRS rules.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I had a "company car" at one time...
While the company didn't care so much if you used it outside of business - the damn IRS certainly did. And what a hassle that was for both records and the reimbursement mechanism.

No one can F-things up like the government....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Terrell Lewis doing a runner after services rendered by an onlyfans hoe.

I didn't realise the term prostitute was now replaced with "influencer".

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Terrell Lewis doing a runner after services rendered by an onlyfans hoe (Mia Mercy).

I didn't realize the term prostitute was now replaced with "influencer".

Damn-it! I really thought those two kids were going to make it.

First J-Lo and Ben ... now this. If Taylor and Travis run into trouble this week ... I'm going to LOST IT MAN!!!

Psycho_X

Legend

Terrell Lewis doing a runner after services rendered by an onlyfans hoe.

I didn't realise the term prostitute was now replaced with "influencer".

I would argue all influencers prostitute themselves one way or another. This one was just in the traditional sense.

Wonder how his knee held up being chasing by her.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had a "company car" at one time...
While the company didn't care so much if you used it outside of business - the damn IRS certainly did. And what a hassle that was for both records and the reimbursement mechanism.

No one can F-things up like the government....
I worked in Reno NV for Coca Cola for many years. Our sales center also sold areas in California so that shitty state was going after our company only had the people that worked in California pay their state taxes. Never went there for work but they were coming after us for money. Finally the company made a deal and paid a large sum to get it settled even though they did nothing wrong.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I worked in Reno NV for Coca Cola for many years. Our sales center also sold areas in California so that shitty state was going after our company only had the people that worked in California pay their state taxes. Never went there for work but they were coming after us for money. Finally the company made a deal and paid a large sum to get it settled even though they did nothing wrong.
Yep. I've had a couple friends fighting with the state of CA over this same issue. They did a couple jobs just across the boarder in Tahoe and Truckee and not only did they want to tax them for those small jobs, they originally were after them for taxes on their entire annual income. One is still fighting them.

Tano

Legend

Some good news for this guy after his career was blown apart by a false accusation.

I still think that lady should go to jail for ruining his first couple of years. Especially based on the evidence that was on her phone.

I think there should be a law that if someone intentionally ruin a person's reputation by stating false information about that person that they should go to jail. The evidence would have to be real strong though. In this case, the evidence was strong enough due to the text messages that the lady sent on the phone to her friend.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I live in WA, just north of the Columbia River border with OR... While there is no WA state income tax, there is an OR state income tax. Our office was in Portland, I travelled a good bit (usually to Utah/Wyoming) and earnings while not in Oregon was exempt from Oregon's grab. Sometimes Oregon would make you account for your time worked out of state and would prefer that your company report that information. Our company said, no - we aren't doing that.

One year after claiming I worked out of the state for some 200+ days, they wanted some actual evidence. Fortunately, Delta Airlines and Hilton had that information on-line which I sent to OR Revenue - and they accepted it.

Later I started working from home and they just accepted that without any real proof (though I am unsure what would have sufficed for that). Odd compliance and measurements going on in the bureaucracy, for sure!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I still think that lady should go to jail for ruining his first couple of years. Especially based on the evidence that was on her phone.

I think there should be a law that if someone intentionally ruin a person's reputation by stating false information about that person that they should go to jail. The evidence would have to be real strong though. In this case, the evidence was strong enough due to the text messages that the lady sent on the phone to her friend.

There is a law against making false reports. It's a 3rd degree felony punishable by up to 5 yrs in prison.

Psycho_X

Legend

There is a law against making false reports. It's a 3rd degree felony punishable by up to 5 yrs in prison.
Yeah I have no idea where this goes from here but I'd assume the proper repercussions will be made towards the person via states attorney? Also, I'd think he'd be able to sue her for things like lost wages and emotional damages, etc due to her false accusations. Of course, I'm sure she's worth nothing so probably wouldn't get anything close to what he's lost from being exiled from pro sports for years but I guess it's something.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I live in WA, just north of the Columbia River border with OR... While there is no WA state income tax, there is an OR state income tax. Our office was in Portland, I travelled a good bit (usually to Utah/Wyoming) and earnings while not in Oregon was exempt from Oregon's grab. Sometimes Oregon would make you account for your time worked out of state and would prefer that your company report that information. Our company said, no - we aren't doing that.

One year after claiming I worked out of the state for some 200+ days, they wanted some actual evidence. Fortunately, Delta Airlines and Hilton had that information on-line which I sent to OR Revenue - and they accepted it.

Later I started working from home and they just accepted that without any real proof (though I am unsure what would have sufficed for that). Odd compliance and measurements going on in the bureaucracy, for sure!
I don't know if you live in Vancouver, WA or not, but those that do are normally tricky bastids. Vancouver is a suburb of the Portland metro and Vancouver residents try to take advantage of both states ( I would too!).
* Many Vancouverites retain their Oregon license plates because the registration cost is so low. It was $35 when I lived there, regardless of the car.
* Vancouverites live in Washington in the first place because the property taxes are so low compared to Oregon's.

It's so sad that the 90's era Portland in which I lived was comparatively clean. There were little shops and my favorite Chinese restaurant downtown, House of Louie. Now it's all gone with excrement and needles littering the streets where customers used to browse. At one time they called Portland the Silicon forest due to the thriving technology sector. Now, I don't know what to call it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah I have no idea where this goes from here but I'd assume the proper repercussions will be made towards the person via states attorney? Also, I'd think he'd be able to sue her for things like lost wages and emotional damages, etc due to her false accusations. Of course, I'm sure she's worth nothing so probably wouldn't get anything close to what he's lost from being exiled from pro sports for years but I guess it's something.

I hate to add this part because it could lead to discussions on topics we don't allow, but it does need to be noted.

District Attorneys typically don't charge women who make false sexual assault claims even when they know they have the evidence to convict the person who is lying and making the false claim. From what I've heard... they don't charge the lying false accuser because it might make other women who have real claims scared to file them.

Now I can see how a person could make that argument, but I find that argument to be a bunch of bs. They 1000% should charge any and all people who are guilty of falsely accusing someone of a sexual type of crime. Innocent individuals who have been falsely ACCUSED of sexual types of crimes and get proven to be innocent still have their lives completely ruined. That is a complete failure of justice and our current legal system.

If we did the correct thing by charging and convicting people who make false claims like this... the shit would stop. This needs to start happening immediately. But it's not and that in itself is a terrible crime.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

That goes double for the woman who went after Trevor Bauer. She cost him about $100M

Tano

Legend
I doubt it is enforced much because both Trevor Bauer and Matt Araiza both got screwed and the ladies who filed false reports have not had anything done to them.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I doubt it is enforced much because both Trevor Bauer and Matt Araiza both got screwed and the ladies who filed false reports have not had anything done to them.

Not sure if you read my post #154 in this thread... but I say what I've heard about this.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hate to add this part because it could lead to discussions on topics we don't allow, but it does need to be noted.

District Attorneys typically don't charge women who make false sexual assault claims even when they know they have the evidence to convict the person who is lying and making the false claim. From what I've heard... they don't charge the lying false accuser because it might make other women who have real claims scared to file them.

Now I can see how a person could make that argument, but I find that argument to be a bunch of bs. They 1000% should charge any and all people who are guilty of falsely accusing someone of a sexual type of crime. Innocent individuals who have been falsely ACCUSED of sexual types of crimes and get proven to be innocent still have their lives completely ruined. That is a complete failure of justice and our current legal system.

If we did the correct thing by charging and convicting people who make false claims like this... the shit would stop. This needs to start happening immediately. But it's not and that in itself is a terrible crime.
The bolded is exactly the reason why. It's already hard enough to get the vast majority of rape cases to see the light of day for various reasons and harder still to convict, even when the victims are brave enough to come forward. If you have accusers charged for filing false reports - and believe me, there would be people in positions of power who have raped people who will further threaten their victims with arresting them for "false reports" - you wouldn't see anyone who would have the incentive to come forward.

Unless you're damn sure the false accuser - a tiny demographic of those who come forward - is 100% lying with proof, I don't see a reason to further victimize rape victims.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The bolded is exactly the reason why. It's already hard enough to get the vast majority of rape cases to see the light of day for various reasons and harder still to convict, even when the victims are brave enough to come forward. If you have accusers charged for filing false reports - and believe me, there would be people in positions of power who have raped people who will further threaten their victims with arresting them for "false reports" - you wouldn't see anyone who would have the incentive to come forward.

Unless you're damn sure the false accuser - a tiny demographic of those who come forward - is 100% lying with proof, I don't see a reason to further victimize rape victims.

There's never a reason to victimize a rape victim. Ever.

In the case with this punter who was so skilled NFL scouts were drooling over him. His accuser 100% lied and they have proof from her phone that she lied. She's not a rape victim... she committed a felony crime against the young punter who was about to be drafted into the NFL. This young man's life was ruined... he is the victim of a serious crime. The crime committed by the young lady should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. It's a level 3 felony that can be punished by 5 yrs in prison. Instead, even though there is proof that would lead to a conviction with ease, nothing is being done by 5he legal system to the person who broke a known law on purpose and ruined a young man's life. That shouldn't happen.

That's what I said. All victims deserve protection equally when laws are broken. ALL OF THEM. This girl should pay the price period.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I don't know if you live in Vancouver, WA or not, but those that do are normally tricky bastids. Vancouver is a suburb of the Portland metro and Vancouver residents try to take advantage of both states ( I would too!).
* Many Vancouverites retain their Oregon license plates because the registration cost is so low. It was $35 when I lived there, regardless of the car.
* Vancouverites live in Washington in the first place because the property taxes are so low compared to Oregon's.
At one time they called Portland the Silicon forest due to the thriving technology sector. Now, I don't know what to call it.
So, yeah - I live a bit north of Vancouver - almost into the next county. Moved in here 6 years ago and the home value has doubled - and unfortunately, so has the property tax. Being retired now, that $10K/yr that I pay the county for that immense privilege, truly sux - not sure how long this path can continue...

They will run you down, for heading to Portland in the morning with Oregon plates on your ride... I'm sure some folks squeak through - but it is no sure thing, these days. Don't be "stealing" from the state - few things motivate them like a dollar!!

The silicon forest days are pretty much over, though Intel owns several (6-8) very large fabrication facilities out in Beaverton/Hillsboro area; This is probably 20-25% of Intel's total employee headcount. There were other companies that manufactured silicon ingots and wafers - though there are still a couple of them around, I don't see a lot of them anymore. Some were my customers once - and I have the end of a silicone ingot here in the office! More of a conversation piece than anything useful.
Finally, I know what I call Portland - but, momma said..... something about saying nice things!! :laugh3: