CARDINALS The Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Who the fuck cares what the uniforms look like. They have a spoiled brat cry baby kid for a QB. Get fucking serious. The new FO looks like they are at least trying to be competent. It remains to be seen if they are. They are saddled with that horrendous contract.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

this michael wilson wr the cards picked looks to have cooper kupp type skill getting off the line and beating cbs.

looks like a fantastic pick for the cards.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

this michael wilson wr the cards picked looks to have cooper kupp type skill getting off the line and beating cbs.

looks like a fantastic pick for the cards.

Yes. I thought that they had a good draft with some great trades to build their future.

This is a new regime. I wouldn’t be so quick to just write this Cardinals team off as the last place team in the league. But if they are they could possibly own the number 1&2 picks in next years draft. Which would be quite the coupe. Not only would they be able to pick their QB of the future if they desire. They could also block a division rival (Rams from trading up to the second pick and drafting the second best QB. If no trade materializes ( they always do) then they could pick the best position player in the draft that is not a QB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who the fuck cares what the uniforms look like. They have a spoiled brat cry baby kid for a QB. Get fucking serious. The new FO looks like they are at least trying to be competent. It remains to be seen if they are. They are saddled with that horrendous contract.
Everyone accusing the Rams of tanking but it will be the Cards that pull it off and next offseason they will jettison the midget. I just hope Gannon wins enough games to fuck them over i.e. keep them out of the top two picks.

oldnotdead

Legend
The Cards drafted Clayton Tune in the 5th round. He has the tools to be a good tier 2 starter in the right system. IMO they will be looking at him as a possible long-term starter should Murray's "injury linger into the season". Tune is a pocket passer with enough arm talent to be dangerous once he acclimates to the NFL. Most people assume McCoy will be the starter until Murray returns but I disagree.

Gannon has already said he's changing the offense. Though Tune is not perceived as a dual-threat QB at 6'2" 220 lbs running a 4.6 he's enough of a threat to have to be accounted for. I can see them trying to craft a Eagles like offense with Tune. Murray doesn't study, he Kliff basically ran the same offense he had in college which is why Murray has been a failure. Does anyone really think Kyler is going to study a new offense when he has a no study clause in this fully guaranteed contract? If Tune plays well Murray will likely take his money and go home to stay in retirement. When you look at Kyler's contract the Cards can make him a Post June 1 transaction and recoup $3.5M in cap space which will grow to $32.6M in 2025.

This is why I said months ago that IMO there is a good chance Kyler never starts for the Cards again and retires in 2024. IMO Tune gives the Cards a better QB1 going forward than the Seahawks have in Smith and as good or better than Purdy. IMO the Cards got a steal in Clayton Tune and he pulls them out of a bad situation.

With a decent team around him, the team can win and be a playoff contender with Tune at QB1. He's got good velocity and accuracy out to the intermediate zones and in reality, that's all you really need to move the chains. A cannon arm is nice but in reality, not a prerequisite to being a playoff contender. Tune's mobility and ability to go through his progressions and when needed make throws from a collapsing pocket is far more important. The Cards could go from a doormat to relevant in the NFCW by 2025.

If they are able to trade Murray, they could turn things around quickly. When the Cards drafted Tune in the 5th round I stopped laughing at them. They have a long way to go but if they can trade Kyler in 2024 they could have the picks to turn things around. Both Seattle and SF have QB1s that need to prove they can consistently play at a high level. That is why the door is open for the Rams to make a legit run in the NFCW this year and next year. They have the best QB and WR combo in the NFC that is going to play behind an improved OL and a group of quality RBs in support. The window for the Rams to dominate the division IMO is open for the next two maybe 3 years.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
This is why I don't like these long "team info" threads.

Important headlines get left out.

If I only read ROD , I'd never know DeAndre Hopkins got released. I had to go read it on another site first.

I know "important headlines" are supposed to get their own threads, but lots of interesting stuff gets lost in the long slog of the giant mega-threads.

Again, just my 2 cents

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It boils down to thread mgmt. Thanks for the feedback though.

I listen to sports talk in the car during my commute. That’s where I get most of the breaking news….and of course a lot of blah blah Brady blah blah LeBron blah blah [insert athlete] wants more money etc

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It boils down to thread mgmt. Thanks for the feedback though.

I listen to sports talk in the car during my commute. That’s where I get most of the breaking news….and of course a lot of blah blah Brady blah blah LeBron blah blah [insert athlete] wants more money etc
This explains why you're so knowledgeable on all things Tom Brady.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always read the "team info" threads. I like to know what is going on with our arch rivals. JMO.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Everyone accusing the Rams of tanking but it will be the Cards that pull it off and next offseason they will jettison the midget. I just hope Gannon wins enough games to fuck them over i.e. keep them out of the top two picks.
The Cards will keep us from having a last place schedule in 2024. Again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Cardinals Accused DeAndre Hopkins of Skipping Games While Healthy, per Report​

The Arizona Cardinals' decision to release star wideout DeAndre Hopkins this Friday has sent shockwaves around the NFL world.

But while many assumed the sole reason for his release was his expensive contract, one Cardinals reporter this afternoon has shared that the five-time Pro Bowler may have ruffled some feathers over his final few weeks in Arizona.

According to Kyle Odegard, Hopkins "upset some" in the Cardinals organization by refusing to suit up for the team's final two games of the 2022 regular season despite being healthy.

Hopkins missed the first six games of the 2022 season as a result of violating the league's PED policy. He went on to play nine straight games from Weeks 7 to 16 before sitting out the final two games of the season.

It'll be interesting to find out if Hopkins' commitment to his old team, or supposed lack thereof, impacts his desirability as a new free agent this offseason.

oldnotdead

Legend
That rumor about Hopkins has been circulating in AZ for a while. I believe it. Just look at who their "leader" is in Murray. These guys will take their cues from him as he pouts on the sidelines. Murray is a cancer in the locker room i.e. and entitled diva with no success to support it. It's why I fully expect the Cards to try to move him next year if not force him into retirement.

I don't think very highly of Gannon at this point but he's got nothing invested in Murray. IMO Murray will make no serious effort to learn a new system....why should he? He gets paid whether he does or not and that will rot inside a locker room. It's why that rot already started with Hopkins. It's why Gannon must bench anyone including Kyler who does not want to learn a new offense. It's why I see Tune as their starter going forward. He's got the talent to play the kind of offense that Gannon wants.

I'm okay with Bennett, but I think Tune is better. Until proven otherwise I think Tune is another miss for the Rams, kinda like Atwell instead of Creed Humphrey.

TexasRam

Legend
That rumor about Hopkins has been circulating in AZ for a while. I believe it. Just look at who their "leader" is in Murray. These guys will take their cues from him as he pouts on the sidelines. Murray is a cancer in the locker room i.e. and entitled diva with no success to support it. It's why I fully expect the Cards to try to move him next year if not force him into retirement.

I don't think very highly of Gannon at this point but he's got nothing invested in Murray. IMO Murray will make no serious effort to learn a new system....why should he? He gets paid whether he does or not and that will rot inside a locker room. It's why that rot already started with Hopkins. It's why Gannon must bench anyone including Kyler who does not want to learn a new offense. It's why I see Tune as their starter going forward. He's got the talent to play the kind of offense that Gannon wants.

I'm okay with Bennett, but I think Tune is better. Until proven otherwise I think Tune is another miss for the Rams, kinda like Atwell instead of Creed Humphrey.
Bro when you shit on someone you really drop a massive Deuce. :laugh4:

And your faith in these day 3 picks from our team and other teams is getting pretty entertaining. :) :fistbump:

Are you one of those flat earth or Illuminati dudes? Oh wait, they are watching right. Where is the delete button? Shit.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
IMG_3570.jpeg