SEAHAWKS 2022/23 Seattle Seahawks Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I had several friends at those games and what they said was that the opposing fans showed up early but by game time it was mostly our fans. It's a constant narrative against LA fans but they have always showed for the Dodgers, Lakers, and Kings, and in reality, we were near the top in the NFL before Georgia, Shaw dismantled the team looking to move. LA fans will always get a bad rep. But fuck em. We are truly title town.

Fair enough? I’ll just say what I believe. Ram Fans then need to become louder!!

I also know for a Fact The Rams changed there ticket policy for the Playoffs because 9er Fans were so LOUD. From what I saw was a lot more RED than Blue(gold).

Stafford at some point had to go silent counts because of the fans.

Playoff game & regular season was different.The Rams where kicking The Niners AZZ early & often.It was the end of the game that it got really crazy. I was in a House of all Niner fans that I felt sorry for.

The Rams had a chance to(bad quote now a days) choke them out or hand them by the neck & out there season out.The first game was when The Rams had just signed OBj & Bobby Trees got hurt. Then that home game & Niner Fans were blaming Jimmy G. They were ready for Trey Lance.

It was a blessing in hindsight that the Niners did the dirty work & gave The Rams that NFC Championship Home game.

The rematch was HUGE even if The Rams WON the SuperBowl without BEATING the niners it wouldn’t have been the same. That Monkey Steve Young says was off The Rams back.
It has turned into a won game winning streak.

Still though the regular season the record of 7 still stands & Niner fans need to know STAN’s HOUSE is The Rams House.

I also know on every Sunday there are NFL games at SOFI. The Chargers have a couple of my favorite Rams & added some nice talent.I’m not a Staley fan.I’m a big Raheem Morris guy,but Troy Reeder & SJD69 both are Staley guys that a depth & leadership.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This started as a Mcvay best ever post that got changed because of The Rams 3 game Lossing streak & Rams Fans were jumping off the GG Bridge. Out of respect,I say a prayer for a ex-coworker 9er fan just did last month.

Life is short & what I know to be true is Life is short & we all need to love the people & friends we’ve got.

Anyway & do remember that 19 game Lossing streak in the 90’s.That person reminded me every year.He’d always question my loyalty & knowing The Rams had moved.. Sorry I had to share.

Mcvay has such a Great Coaching Tree which in a way sucks,but is cool to see. Just adding Kevin O’Connell to it & getting Cohen & Olsen back.

It just gets bigger ,The SuperBowl is a good example.

Keeping the thread a Sea-Chicken thread & playing off the Fisher post reply & Dickerson.

Andy Dickerson was a Fisher guy Sean Mcvay kept around.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Adding Shane Waldron to the mix.I know I go all over the map,but it does show how deep the coaching tree goes.It’s still at an early stage of it all.
Bill Belacheat in Cleveland is almost had Les Snead as a grandchild to that GM side of his whose whose.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We can talk about the Monkey off the back,but Pete Carrol work as the DC & Shanahan as the OC from Seifert who was the HC.

Mcvay’s grandfather was the GM of it all I believe at the time? At any expense as a USC fan I was happy about they had him as the HC.He is a HOF coach IMO.Talking about Washington (state) ,drew Bledso was Billacheats QB in NE.
Pete Carroll was NE’s last HC before Belacheat & Drew Bledsoe was more like a Marc Bulger type but even less mobile.In fact Brady is more Mobil than both in many ways.
Speaking about a Mobil QB, it’s sort of funny . Pete Carroll is going to push his Lock & that Russell Wilson will be in Denver.

I really enjoy The NFL & like the different teams & history’s.I remember CandleStick Park at the End on a Thursday Night game.Think the leg(date) & I finally made it in a cab from crosstown traffic after someone stole our cab ride.
The story goes I get a little wound up at events.Just fun to yell & holler at a game.I guess I was a Niner Fan that night? Played musical chairs & slapping 5. Seeing Pete lose is not a bad thing,but I also like when he can win & help The Rams out when needed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

2022 Opponent Breakdown: Seattle Seahawks​

Continuing our series of offseason opponent breakdowns following the 2022 schedule release, theRams.com examines Los Angeles' Week 13 home opponent and Week 18 road opponent, the Seattle Seahawks (Week 13 – Dec. 4, 1:05 p.m. PT, FOX; Week 18 – Jan. 7/8, kickoff time and network still TBD).

The Seahawks opened the first four weeks of the season going 2-2. Then everything changed in Week 5.

Facing the Los Angeles Rams at home, Seattle saw quarterback Russell Wilson sustain a finger injury that would require surgery and sideline him for the next three games. In that same game, running back Chris Carson – the Seahawks' leading rusher each of the previous three seasons – suffered a neck injury that would require surgery and ultimately sidelined him for the rest of the season.

Seattle fell to L.A. 26-17, the first of three straight losses before rebounding with a 31-7 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars for a 3-5 record at their Week 9 bye. However, the struggles would continue, with another three-game losing streak coming out of the bye week. That 3-8 record was ultimately too much to overcome, and the Seahawks would finish 7-10 overall.

If there was one bright spot to the season, it was the late emergence of running back and 2018 first-round pick Rashaad Penny. The San Diego State product eventually took advantage of Carson's absence and broke out with 16 carries for 137 yards and two rushing touchdowns against the Texans in Week 14. Overall, he amassed 671 of his 749 rushing yards and all six of his rushing touchdowns on the season across the final five weeks of the season.

Changes

The two biggest were moving on from franchise pillars in Wilson and linebacker Bobby Wagner.

On March 12, the Seahawks released Wagner, parting ways with a steady and calming presence in the middle of their defense over the last 10 seasons.
Four days later, Wilson was traded to the Broncos in exchange for tight end Noah Fant, quarterback Drew Lock, defensive end Shelby Harris, 2022 and 2023 first-round picks, 2022 and 2023 second-round picks and a 2022 fifth-round pick.

The coaching staff also underwent adjustments, with longtime defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. and defensive passing game coordinator Andre Curtis and offensive line coach Mike Solari being relieved of their duties. Seattle went internal to find Norton and Solari's replacements, promoting defensive line coach Clint Hurtt and run game coordinator Andy Dickerson respectively. It hired former Vikings defensive backs coach Karl Scott Sean as defensive passing game coordinator and defensive backs coach to replace Curtis.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks brought on Sean Desai, a former longtime member of the Bears defensive coaching staff, as associate head coach-defense.
Head coach

Pete Carroll enters his 13th season as head coach of the Seahawks, compiling a 119-73-1 regular season record and 10-8 playoff record (won Super Bowl XLVIII) through his first 12 years.

What to watch for

Whoever succeeds Wilson at quarterback, and a new defensive philosophy
Will it be Lock or returnee Geno Smith?

Right now, those are the two players competing to be the Seahawks' next starting quarterback.

It's going to be much different from what the Rams defense has been accustomed to preparing for, with Wilson under center for Seattle over the last 10 seasons.

A second-round draft pick in 2019, Lock lost the battle for the Broncos' starting job to Teddy Bridgewater last season and now gets a fresh start heading into the 2022 season, his fourth in the NFL overall. Meanwhile, Smith gets a crack at starting again for the first time since his first and second NFL seasons with the Jets.

Both players can move well in the pocket and are capable of escaping it to make off-schedule plays. Neither have been shy about tucking the ball and running to pick up extra yards – Smith has 158 carries for 701 yards and eight rushing touchdowns through eight seasons, Lock 72 for 285 and five.

One of them will be starting Week 1, but as seen throughout NFL history, that's no guarantee they will also be the starter in Week 13 or Week 18, with performance and health factoring into that.

The Seahawks still have wide receivers DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett in the fold, but it will be a new-look passing attack otherwise with Wilson no longer helming their offense.

On the other side of the ball, the defensive coaching staff changes also coincide with a philosophical shift for that unit that will have the Rams offense preparing for a new Seahawks defensive scheme compared to previous years.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All it took was some OTA "action" for Pete to rethink that QB room. :laugh2:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What a mess. I don’t know about Mayfield.

He was pretty good in 2020. But… why near zero interest in him this year? That’s a lot of talent evaluators taking a pass.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a mess. I don’t know about Mayfield.

He was pretty good in 2020. But… why near zero interest in him this year? That’s a lot of talent evaluators taking a pass.
Injury to his throwing arm which led to a worse year than 2020.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Instead of being the glue that keeps the team together and more importantly the offense, Mayfield seems to be a divider.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well if this happens I think Baker is going to have a strong run game and a strong defense. Pete's trying the wayback machine this year. Their defense should be good. No idea what to expect from Baker but boy do they have weapons.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Well if this happens I think Baker is going to have a strong run game and a strong defense. Pete's trying the wayback machine this year. Their defense should be good. No idea what to expect from Baker but boy do they have weapons.
Seahawks are built to beat the 9ers and our D prior to the addition of Wagner. I’m not concerned about the Seahawks if they add Baker Mayfield as his ceiling is still lower than that of Russell. The biggest challenge would be better TE play from them - but I am confident in our LB play.

Tano

Legend
Seahawks are built to beat the 9ers and our D prior to the addition of Wagner. I’m not concerned about the Seahawks if they add Baker Mayfield as his ceiling is still lower than that of Russell. The biggest challenge would be better TE play from them - but I am confident in our LB play.
I consider Mayfield at the bottom end of the second tier of QBs

So you know how I classify tiers

1st tier - 1 to 10
2nd tier - 2 to 20
3rd tier - 3 to 30
After that - forgetaboutit

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

1st tier - 1 to 10
2nd tier - 2 to 20
3rd tier - 3 to 30
???

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

1st tier - 1 to 10
2nd tier - 2 to 20
3rd tier - 3 to 30
Assuming you mean 10-20 and 20-30. I agree Mayfield may well end up being in that second group but he also might be a bottom feeder because he seems to be deficient in his leadership. QBs who are at odds with their weapons, or who seem to feud with them, had better be really fucking secure. Like Aaron Rodgers secure. Because otherwise that's gonna be an example of your lack of leadership making shit harder on you and QB is already hard enough at this level.