49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
IMO, the biggest mistake the 49ers made wasn't which QB they took, but rather it was not recognizing their championship window. Imagine if they had drafted Ja'Marr Chase last year instead of any of the QBs and rolled with Jimmy G (which they did anyways). That would have been enough to put them over the top and win it all last year (IMO). They had a win-now roster needing just one more piece to get them there. But they took a long-term developmental prospect that made almost no contribution last year and left them coming up just short.

Now in year 2 Lance's rookie deal, instead of loading up to win this year while their QB is on his rookie deal, they are devoting that potential extra cap space to the bridge QB while the developmental prospect continues to develop. And by the time that prospect is really ready to contribute, all their star players who on their own rookie deals (Bosa and Deebo, among others) will be coming up for mega contract extensions and they will never really get to exploit that window of opportunity that they had this year and last.
They better figure out Deebo snd their QB situation quick of their offense will be significantly weaker. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving POS team.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
IMO, the biggest mistake the 49ers made wasn't which QB they took, but rather it was not recognizing their championship window. Imagine if they had drafted Ja'Marr Chase last year instead of any of the QBs and rolled with Jimmy G (which they did anyways). That would have been enough to put them over the top and win it all last year (IMO). They had a win-now roster needing just one more piece to get them there. But they took a long-term developmental prospect that made almost no contribution last year and left them coming up just short.

Now in year 2 Lance's rookie deal, instead of loading up to win this year while their QB is on his rookie deal, they are devoting that potential extra cap space to the bridge QB while the developmental prospect continues to develop. And by the time that prospect is really ready to contribute, all their star players who on their own rookie deals (Bosa and Deebo, among others) will be coming up for mega contract extensions and they will never really get to exploit that window of opportunity that they had this year and last.

This is extremely shrewd management on the part of rat boy and Lynch. I think they should expend more draft capital on project players that along with Trey Lance, could allow them to win 5 straight super bowls in the next 5-10 years. :)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I think you nailed it.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
IMO the only thing Lance has to prove is he has it inside his head to be a franchise QB.
Yes, his resume speaks for itself. He has done it all. Fit that gold jacket and let's get it over with already.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yes, his resume speaks for itself. He has done it all. Fit that gold jacket and let's get it over with already.
Again, what has been communicated continuously is....Let's see him play before we crown his ass or he's the next Steve Young or the Next Steve Spurrier.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
My theory is that Shammy is so high on hiself that he thinks he can turn a Brian Quick type guy into gold
Exactly!!
Though I didn't verbalize it as well as you did.
He talked himself into thinking " I can turn this potential into manna from the heavens
because I AM lORD Shammy!!!
Well put 503. I dropped the ball on the reasoning behind the decision.
Thanks for clarifying my scrambled thoughts.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Kyle Shanahan is the most overrated head coach of all time.

Kliff Kingsbury would also be high on the list, except nobody fucking rates him.

Sean McVay is Thor, Jesus, Aphrodite and the Loch Ness Monster all in one.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Kliff Kingsbury would also be high on the list, except nobody fucking rates him.

You forgot Chuck Norris.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

You missed the Head Coach rankings. McVay came in fourth in the NFC West. I wonder who the dumb fuck that made that list was.