OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
They are going for it... I respect it and could bear the Iggles winning it all, as long as the Bills and Von Miller suck eggs.

Hey Von, enjoy the 6 ft of snow!
Yea... I don't mind seeing another eagles fan eat horse shit.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
They are going for it... I respect it and could bear the Iggles winning it all, as long as the Bills and Von Miller suck eggs.

Hey Von, enjoy the 6 ft of snow!

The Bills still don't bother me lol. I like watching them play...my team to root for this year will be the Vikings and Kevin O'Connell.

oldnotdead

Legend
With Thomas they are getting a decent long term prospect. He's got some skills, but needs improvement on his technique and strengthening. I see him as a OG as his primary position. He could end up as Edward's replacement next year. His strength is run blocking so they might look at him as a RG paired with Havenstein.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
A healthy lineman and a *technical" 6th round pick of the Bears. Not bad at all, can't hurt at this point right?

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
With Thomas they are getting a decent long term prospect. He's got some skills, but needs improvement on his technique and strengthening. I see him as a OG as his primary position. He could end up as Edward's replacement next year. His strength is run blocking so they might look at him as a RG paired with Havenstein.
Why do you see him as an OG since his draft profiles and scouting reports all see him him as a pure LT?

oldnotdead

Legend
Why do you see him as an OG since his draft profiles and scouting reports all see him him as a pure LT?
His physical metrics are typical of an OG at this level. They said the same thing about Jackson coming out of college. Jackson actually played better at RG than LT. That is not to say Jackson won't develop into a very good OT which I think he will. Collegiate OTs are often smaller with less play radius than the typical NFL OTs.

I project Thomas to be worked primarily inside by Carberry. Remember Rams like to convert college OTs into OGs because they normally have better arm length and feet than collegiate OGs. I think Thomas primarily will become an OG with the ability to kick outside to OT particularly at RT if needed.

Thomas was a 6th round pick which is exactly where Snead likes to grab his backup OL. But it also means, he showed more potential than the average UDFA OL. Thomas' forte is in run blocking primarily in a zone scheme. He's got good mobility to pull in a gap scheme but he needs a lot of coaching up to do that. Blocking on the second level is something many OL struggle at. But with Zackary's speed, he has the potential to become good at it.

The fact he has been on a PS this season means he's been getting coaching, practice reps, and training all season. He simply needs to learn the Ram's playbook and he should be available sooner. It's why I assumed they would mine the PS players of other teams for OL. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up ahead of Skura and Aboushi on the depth chart this season. That's how much I like his potential. Both Skura and Aboushi are marginal players IMO.

Since the Rams are down to only 6 healthy OL this week I see Thomas as giving them much needed depth at both OG & OT this week.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
His physical metrics are typical of an OG at this level. They said the same thing about Jackson coming out of college. Jackson actually played better at RG than LT. That is not to say Jackson won't develop into a very good OT which I think he will. Collegiate OTs are often smaller with less play radius than the typical NFL OTs.

Since the Rams are down to only 6 healthy OL this week I see Thomas as giving them much needed depth at both OG & OT this week.
I see him as a Guard too as I see the Rams activating A.J. Arcuri who is definitely a tackle to backup Nsekhe. Thomas has upside, he's headed back home so that should even put a little more spring in his step.

To this point we know Evans can't answer the call, so I truly hope the Rams play somebody else. Thomas might take a few weeks to be ready, but my hope is him playing at RG if Aboushi showcases he can't hold up.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Bringing in a prospect to evaluate him with the rash of injuries is a smart move, whether it plays out or not.

Churn that roster.. they should be doing this at multiple positions for the rest of the season... Corners.. Edge players.. RBs... See what the hell is out there.