OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mariota apparently left the Falcons after he got benched. What a fucking infantile reaction. To think that I wanted to draft this guy at one point.
Mariota is a good guy. Whatever his reason for leaving, I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt. I wish him the best. He’s helped lots of folks here in Oregon.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
FWIW if it leads to the release of Derion Kendrick I'm all for it.

Eddie Murphy Reaction GIF by Laff

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams seem to like Browns defensive backs. They acquired Troy Hill, but that was understanding, since then they have signed CB Shaun Jolly off the Browns Practice Squad and now former draft choice Georgia Safety Richard LeCounte. FWIW if it leads to the release of Derion Kendrick I'm all for it.
giphy.gif

Releasing a rookie in his first year? Oh my

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
The last four games for the Chargers are winnable I could see them going 4-0 or 2-2, but 11-6 is very doable and IMO, Payton is not going to be in play for either job Dallas could open up if the Cowboys don't win a playoff game or two, but again I'm going on record that the Chargers will be in the playoffs with hope they go 3-1 losing only to our beloved Los Angeles Rams.
den,
Didn't you get the memo? We want the Chargers to lose, lose and lose some more so one Mr. Brandon Staley will get fired and will come back home to our beloved Rams as our award winning DC where he absolutely belongs.
Begone! with this 11 - 6 playoffs stuff!!!
Let us hope that the Chargers become short-circuited as is their wont and we get Staley back and all is right with the universe.....or something.

~ArkyRamsFan~

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
den,
Didn't you get the memo? We want the Chargers to lose, lose and lose some more so one Mr. Brandon Staley will get fired and will come back home to our beloved Rams as our award winning DC where he absolutely belongs.
Begone! with this 11 - 6 playoffs stuff!!!
Let us hope that the Chargers become short-circuited as is their wont and we get Staley back and all is right with the universe.....or something.

~ArkyRamsFan~
IDK, I'd take Vic Fangio as the new DC too. Although I believe DL Coach Eric Henderson will be in play also.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don’t see any upside, but I’ve been wrong many times before & will be happy to be wrong again.
I think he’s better than David Long

Agreed. That is not roughing the passer.

My comment is on the first part. If hitting a defenseless player leads to an ejection then the 49ers would be without had their defense by the end of each game. Get—er-done.

Psycho_X

Legend

That was badly worded by saying "a hit on a QB can lead to automatic ejection" like any hit... i'm assuming they mean defenseless QB? Or personal foul type hit? And not just any hit. But I don't see a lot of scenarios where this would be a good thing. Putting even more judgement calls in the hands of officials that would be automatic ejections would be a disaster. Refs don't need MORE control over the outcome of a game. It's already ridiculously out of hand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t see any upside, but I’ve been wrong many times before & will be happy to be wrong again.
He's a rookie. He's made mistakes and he's made plays. Giving up on a rookie? Sorry we can't say how bad of an idea exactly that is it's the height of fan think.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He's a rookie. He's made mistakes and he's made plays. Giving up on a rookie? Sorry we can't say how bad of an idea exactly that is it's the height of fan think.
The only time I remember the Rams (under McVay) moving-on from a first-year drafted player, who played significant snaps as a rookie, was the release of John Franklin-Myers in the final cut-downs prior to the 2019 Season.

And, THAT has turned-out to be a mistake. Franklin-Myers has played a lot of really good football with the Jets; and is now the second-best-DL on one of the best defenses in the NFL.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only time I remember the Rams (under McVay) moving-on from a first-year drafted player, who played significant snaps as a rookie, was the release of John Franklin-Myers in the final cut-downs prior to the 2019 Season.

And, THAT has turned-out to be a mistake. Franklin-Myers has played a lot of really good football with the Jets; and is now the second-best-DL on one of the best defenses in the NFL.
And JFM is a decent pro and likely wouldn't have been given the contract he's on right now by the Rams anyways. Injuries more than anything led to his release. There were players at the same position playing well and able to play which led to his release. They likely wanted him back for the PS to work through his injuries, which he didn't do he missed the entire season on the Jets IR, but he was claimed. Not really the mistake it's made out to be IMO.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
IDK, I'd take Vic Fangio as the new DC too. Although I believe DL Coach Eric Henderson will be in play also.
DL Coach in play for DC for the Rams? Or in play for other teams DC?

I take from this post you think it's highly possible that DC Morris gets hired away as an HC?

I do prefer the veteran Vic Fangio to be our next DC if Morris were to be a new HC. If there was ever a time for this team to be awarded two 3rd rd 2nd-day draft selections in 2023/2024 it's now.

Rams are on schedule & projected to be awarded 4 Compensatory Selections in 2023. It all depends on how active the Rams are in Free Agency.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Granted, I just don't remember any good plays he's made and with him on the bench against the Raiders the Secondary was much better. IMO, Kendrick cost the Rams the game against Tampa and just does not seem to break up any plays when they are throwing against him, but again I have to remember he's a rookie, however, I like Durant and would even give Shaun Jolly a chance before Kendrick IMHO.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
And JFM is a decent pro and likely wouldn't have been given the contract he's on right now by the Rams anyways. Injuries more than anything led to his release. There were players at the same position playing well and able to play which led to his release. They likely wanted him back for the PS to work through his injuries, which he didn't do he missed the entire season on the Jets IR, but he was claimed. Not really the mistake it's made out to be IMO.
Not sure I understand the injury comment. He played every game as a rookie, and was released before the start of his 2nd season.

Also don't follow the Practice Squad thought. 2nd year DL that play and contribute as rookies on teams that go deep into the playoffs (like 2018 Rams) do not make it to the Practice Squad their second year.

Franklin-Myers made plays in the Monday Night Chiefs' game, Thursday Night Vikings' game and Super Bowl ... all highly watched games in 2018. He was not going to make the Rams' 2019 Practice Squad. The 2018 Jets were 4-12, so they would have had one of the highest waiver claims in September-2019.

Most relevant is that we very strongly disagree on Franklin-Myers' level-of-play over these past three years. Living in NYC, I see every snap of the Jets and Giants; and his play has been way-above 'decent' in my opinion.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure I understand the injury comment. He played every game as a rookie, and was released before the start of his 2nd season.
He was released prior to his second year because he was working through injuries. The Rams wanted him on their PS or IR to work through those injuries. The Jets however claimed him off waivers and ended up putting him on their IR due to those injuries he was working through on the Rams in camp. He never played his second season.