OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think Baker got a lot of unnecessary shit, but it would be pointless. If you want an inaccurate QB that throws a lot of picks then you might as well stick with John Wolford.
He’s got a stronger arm, for sure.

But plenty o’ warts

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Why we didn't go after him earlier on is a mystery.
I don't think LT was a big issue until after Jackson went down. The interior OL has been the biggest problem. Even now Nsekhe is doing okay...but the interior struggles. Skura looks like he is out of shape and overmatched.

Psycho_X

Legend

Unless a super bowl favorite has a major injury to a star WR I'm guessing he might just sit out this year at this point. If no one is offering him a long term contract that would be his best option. There's no reason to come back earlier then he should and risk what little of a career he has left. Get healthy, make the free agent rounds in the offseason to eat a bunch of free premium steaks, and take the best offer for him. Hit 2024 completely healthy and ready to roll. I could see him still being a Ram if that happens.

fearsomefour

Legend
He’s got a stronger arm, for sure.

But plenty o’ warts
Which counts for a lot.
This a no risk, possible high reward move by the Rams.
Very rarely can a team pick up a first round talent without giving anything up.
Mayfield is mobile and can run, but, more important than just tucking and running, he is good at buying time and sliding.
On those roll out throws Wolford had some bigger plays there to be made but he would wait to throw the ball....I think this is because of lack of arm strength. Harder to fit the ball into windows....need that receiver to clear just a little further.....and those two steps prevent yac.
I was indifferent to the Mayfield signing at first. I like it now. Nothing to lose and perhaps you land a good back up or even possible replacement if Stafford doesn't play out his contract.