OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just have to wonder why he didn't get drafted and why he hasn't stuck anywhere.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Beat me to it. I wonder if the Rams kick the tires?? We sure are high on the waiver wire these days!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His base pay is manageable the rest of the year and he's only signed for this year. Plus it makes sense if Stafford does retire he's on the team and we can use him as a bridge QB. Not a fan of the guy but wouldn't mind seeing him in horns the rest of the year and maybe next.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
His base pay is manageable the rest of the year and he's only signed for this year. Plus it makes sense if Stafford does retire he's on the team and we can use him as a bridge QB. Not a fan of the guy but wouldn't mind seeing him in horns the rest of the year and maybe next.
Exactly just a trial period. Let him walk if he sucks in the last 4 to 5 games. Keep in mind, he did not play with a lot of speedsters in Cleveland or Carolina

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly just a trial period. Let him walk if he sucks in the last 4 to 5 games. Keep in mind, he did not play with a lot of speedsters in Cleveland or Carolina
Yup thing is like @jrry32 pointed out McVay raved about Baker in the predraft build up so we know he likes him. He's a very very obvious option if we do need a bridge guy. A trial the rest of the year could turn into a couple of years with him with a young guy like Hendon Hooker in the 2nd round this year rehabs and learns.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
Living here in Carolina, Baker had issues but his team didn't really help him and was sort of an outcast when he came down.

For the Rams, I feel he could be a good bridge player like the person above me said.

Decent backup behind Stafford (if he stays). Time to let go Wolford and see what Baker can do.....can't be worse.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Yup thing is like @jrry32 pointed out McVay raved about Baker in the predraft build up so we know he likes him. He's a very very obvious option if we do need a bridge guy. A trial the rest of the year could turn into a couple of years with him with a young guy like Hendon Hooker in the 2nd round this year rehabs and learns.
Stop It! Get out of my head!

I was thinking about Hooker also

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Loved what I saw from him this year all around and he makes a lot of sense. We're not the only ones in the Ramily on this guy he's really gaining traction in the 2nd round.

dang

Legend
The only reason I would entertain is if Baker can do a better job showcasing our remaining WRs this year. I like Wolfords effort but he is not helping our cause for evaluating nor should he be around next year. Also I’m sure Baker wants to start but I think those days are over outside of injury promotion.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny thing is that Hooker is only about 2.5 years younger than mayfield…
Hendon will be 25 at next years draft

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The only reason I would entertain is if Baker can do a better job showcasing our remaining WRs this year. I like Wolfords effort but he is not helping our cause for evaluating nor should he be around next year. Also I’m sure Baker wants to start but I think those days are over outside of injury promotion.
Thats my thinking. Domeone gas to be able to throw a fiitball 40 yards. You can see they don't t trust Perkins at all when it cones to thriwing the ball oast 15 yards. Wolford can't get through a game without injuring at least one of his extremities and when healthy he is limited.

So give Mayfield the keys and who knows? At least he can throw a football to an open Atwell.

Psycho_X

Legend
At least he can throw a football to an open Atwell.
Exactly, McVay wants that long game. He forced it with Goff, Stafford, and Wolford so far and only Stafford was able to make it work (in between all the interceptions at least). Mayfield can sling it and possibly can sling it farther than Stafford at the moment given his elbow issues last season. I see no reason McVay would pass at this opportunity unless they really want to lose out for a couple of draft spots in the second round which I doubt.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I am a big, big fan of Hooker. Should be available in the late second to third round range due to the torn ACL.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Look at the career resurgences some QBs have had when they landed in the right situation (Tannehill, Geno, etc.).

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
I am a big, big fan of Hooker. Should be available in the late second to third round range due to the torn ACL.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Look at the career resurgences some QBs have had when they landed in the right situation (Tannehill, Geno, etc.).
Josh Rosen on the Browns.....hahaha sorry couldn't resist. But in all seriousness, why not toss him the keys? Maybe he plays could and MAYBE we get baker mayfield commercials again...those things were funny

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Oh, I'd claim Mayfield. Why not?

I think Baker got a lot of unnecessary shit, but it would be pointless. If you want an inaccurate QB that throws a lot of picks then you might as well stick with John Wolford.