DRAFT 2022 NFL draft rounds 4-7: APR-30 / 12pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
WOW this team has no punter and they passed on all of them. Now they will have to bring in a bunch as UDFA and try to find one or sign a flawed veteran FA. After they lost out on Stout is was like they had no plan B for the position. It's a head shaker. Oh well over all I like the draft with one exception. Kendricks has red flags and flies in abundance. Why they wasted a pick on him is another head shaker. He definitely doesn't seem like a good fit for the team culture.

The 6th and 7th round players all look like STs to be groomed as backups with some potential. The final OT Arcuri is going to be a big project and because of the nature of his problems I'm not sure he can really develop into a quality backup. Carberry will have his work cut out as Arcuri IMO will need intensive physical training to improve his technique issues.

Right now this looks like a solid draft with the one exception. I think Hardy has real potential. It will be interesting to see how they begin to shake out.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
WOW this team has no punter and they passed on all of them. Now they will have to bring in a bunch as UDFA and try to find one or sign a flawed veteran FA. After they lost out on Stout is was like they had no plan B for the position. It's a head shaker.
They signed Riley Dixon a couple weeks ago.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Good looking draft from a positional standpoint.
Time to dig into these players because i've done zero point zero research.

oldnotdead

Legend
I thought for sure they would bring someone in to compete with him. He's on a 1 year minimum no guaranteed money contract. The best thing you can say about Dixon is he is average. Not good, not bad just plain average. i don't want to go into the season with him as the punter and IMO neither do the Rams considering the contract they gave him.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams sign Dixon and don't draft a P, but they don't like him?

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. I'd say they DO like him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Once the Rams re-sign OBj and get new OG Bruss & RB Kyren Williams up to speed, we may never have to punt again.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Once the Rams re-sign OBj and get new OG Bruss & RB Kyren Williams up to speed, we may never have to punt again.
Kyren screams depth guy to me.
Why? Because his biggest strength is pass protection. When you have injury concerns with your main guys, and the Rams do, you want your depth to not get your QB killed.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I like the way you think!!!
3NEMJC.gif

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Kyren screams depth guy to me.
Why? Because his biggest strength is pass protection. When you have injury concerns with your main guys, and the Rams do, you want your depth to not get your QB killed.

Did I really need the blue font ?

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame

Yup.
Like Gay - TB dumped him and we brought him in off the street. How’s that look now.

Plus, it’s punting- just don’t get the kicked blocked. That’s all I’m looking for now from a Ram punter

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams averaged 3 punts per game with Hekker last year. 2 yards per punt wasn't worth taking a flawed punter with a pick instead of bringing in TC competition basically for free.

jjab360

Legend
Yup.
Like Gay - TB dumped him and we brought him in off the street. How’s that look now.

Plus, it’s punting- just don’t get the kicked blocked. That’s all I’m looking for now from a Ram punter
Pretty much lol. Additionally the offense has become good enough to where punting isn't as much of a factor as it was during the Fisher days hence a star punter isn't really a necessity.

oldnotdead

Legend
Riley's been on two teams, one contract each. Ring endorsement that is. I thought good enough wasn't good enough now. Punter is important. If they get backed up and struggle to get out a short put with a return will cost points. So yeah it's important. Saying a punter only punts twice a game is like saying a kicker only kicks a couple of FGs a game so what if he misses a few.

Gay got cut because he was missing too many FGs, just like he was when he first got here. People take good kickers and punters for granted. A good punter is a real weapon. I watched a Charger game where their punter repeatedly pinned the Dolphins inside their own 5 yard line. They said it was the reason they lost and they were right. The Chargers played on a short field most of the night. They ran the score up and the game was bascially over by the end of the 3rd quarter.

jjab360

Legend
Riley's been on two teams, one contract each. Ring endorsement that is. I thought good enough wasn't good enough now. Punter is important. If they get backed up and struggle to get out a short put with a return will cost points. So yeah it's important. Saying a punter only punts twice a game is like saying a kicker only kicks a couple of FGs a game so what if he misses a few.

Gay got cut because he was missing too many FGs, just like he was when he first got here. People take good kickers and punters for granted. A good punter is a real weapon. I watched a Charger game where their punter repeatedly pinned the Dolphins inside their own 5 yard line. They said it was the reason they lost and they were right. The Chargers played on a short field most of the night. They ran the score up and the game was bascially over by the end of the 3rd quarter.
Good enough is good enough when you're allocating resources. It's impossible to have the best player at every position when you have a salary cap.

Which is why you make moves like cutting your big dollar punter when he's only punting two or three times a game and replacing him with an underrated minimum contract punter.

Importance is relative and having an elite punter has become relatively less important.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Facts and reality often escape him. Yes competition was a common assumption of a lot of us and we're also not done with UDFA which is where we brought in kicker competition. But yeah he doesn't pay attention most of the time.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of the first UDFA they signed was a FB. Hmmmm
The steps this board goes to call somebody a fullback. Seems a guy who in five years of college football never once ran the football is a fullback. He did however return one kick for five yards so it seems we have our kick returner :D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Man that's a good lookin fullback!