DRAFT 2022 NFL draft round 1: APR-28 / 8pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Really makes me think Ravens may be in play for Deebo... they have NO ONE at WR.
Yeah I think you may be onto something there. The 9ers still might move him if they get say a 2nd rounder this year and then the 1st next year. Though maybe the price won't be as steep as they've been saying since the combo of his demands plus number of teams with cap space might limit suitors.

Ravens also have had a great draft so far IMO. I really like the moves they've made, garnering more picks and getting some good players. But yeah Deebo on top of that seems like the kind of thing they'd need to do to give themselves a chance to compete in a loaded AFC.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Well I was wrong about teams reaching for QBs, thought someone would take one earlier and teams would freak. Really interesting that the Steelers had their choice and took Pickett, didn't see that coming.

Thought the Titans dealing AJ Brown and replacing him was pretty cool. Shitty situation but I thought they handled it well.

I don't like that Green Bay loaded the DL. That's a really good strategy for taking us on IMO.

Congrats to Lovie on a great first round. Scooped a stud in Stingley and boosted that interior OL too. And Brad is off to a good draft too in getting Hutchinson at 2, I think Jax made a mistake in that decision but we'll see.
I kinda like Pickett. Not a superstar but he can move a bit and make the throws. Pittsburgh is a good org and they won't mishandle him.

He's basically another Mac Jones; can perform and won't hurt you more than he helps. Honestly, is that any worse than relying on Trubisky?

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Yea a trade probably won’t happen but the Ravens expect to be a playoff team with Lamar. Hard to make the playoffs with 0 proven WRs (even for a run heavy team).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I kinda like Pickett. Not a superstar but he can move a bit and make the throws. Pittsburgh is a good org and they won't mishandle him.

He's basically another Mac Jones; can perform and won't hurt you more than he helps. Honestly, is that any worse than relying on Trubisky?
He's not the guy I would have taken but I get the Steelers liking him. He's got a nice mix of stuff just like the rest of this class it feels to me like they kind of got fucked over by COVID and all that BS. Interruptions to practice and studying across a roster will show itself first in the play of the signal callers IMO.

We'll see how this class does but I feel like there's some guys who might flip the script on expectations.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
In the ROD 2022 Mock draft held a few weeks back, only one player's landing spot was picked correctly. :confused:

Round 1

1) Jacksonville Jaguars @AvengerRam - Evan Neal, OT, Alabama

2) Detroit Lions @Tron - Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan

3) Houston Texans @den-the-coach - Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge, Oregon!

4) New York Jets @Tron - Tavon Walker, DE, Georgia

5) Houston Texans @den-the-coach - Malik Willis ,QB , Liberty.

6) Carolina Panthers @Ramhusker - Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State

7) New York Giants (from Chicago Bears) @Corbin - Ikem Ekwonu , OT , NC State

8) Atlanta Falcons @dpjax - Kyle Hamilton , S , Notre Dame

9) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos) @Memento - Derek Stingley , CB , LSU

10) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks) @Tron - Ahmad Gardner , CB , Cincinnati

11) Washington Commodes @TK42-RAM - Garrett Wilson , WR , Ohio State

12) Minnesota Vikings @ScotsRam - Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington

13) Green Bay Packers @Karate61 - Drake London , WR, USC

14) Baltimore Ravens @MadGoat - Jermaine Johnson II , EDGE , Florida State

15) Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins) @Memento - Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson

16) Philadelphia Eagles (from Indianapolis Colts) @Memento - Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State

17) Los Angeles Chargers @Riverumbbq - Jordan Davis , DL, Georgia

18) New Orleans Saints @MadGoat - Kenny Pickett , QB , Pittsburgh

19) Philadelphia Eagles @Memento - Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina

20) Pittsburgh Steelers @ScotsRam - Devonte Wyatt, DL, Georgia

21) New England Patriots @IE Rams - Kaiir Elam CB Florida

22) New York Giants @Corbin - George Karlaftis DE Purdue

23) Arizona Cardinals @IE Rams - Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas

24) Dallas Cowboys @Ramhusker - Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa

25) Buffalo Bills @Corbin - Travis Jones DL UCONN

26) Tennessee Titans @FaulkSF - Trevor Penning , OL , Northern Iowa

27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @Ramrocket - Boye Mafe , DL , Minnesota

28) New York Giants @Corbin - Devin Lloyd LB Utah

29) Kansas City Chiefs @SanAnRam - Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama

30) Kansas City Chiefs @SanAnRam - Bernhard Raimann, OL, Central Michigan

31) Cincinnati Bengals @Ramrocket - Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A&M

32) Seattle Seahawks (from Detroit Lions) @Memento - Darian Kinnard , OL , Kentucky

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really makes me think Ravens may be in play for Deebo... they have NO ONE at WR.
Would Kyle Hamilton have been on 49ers wants list? If they were talking Deebo, might they have drafted him to trade there?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brad's killing it. :thumbsup1:
Its amazing how quickly things can change. At one point last year Detroit had the worst WR core I'd ever seen assembled, and now? Really no excuses to not be putting some points on the board

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That offensive group looks better to me than most. This is going to be a big year for Goff. He's going to get a chance to hold that job down and he will have enough around him for them to get a good evaluation.

I figure they'll take a shot on a QB at some point this draft. It would be wise to eat a redshirt while Goff is there. And if Goff plays well, they're in good shape and even if he doesn't then they enter year two with a QB who had time to learn the offense and who will enter his year two with strong weapons around him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
That offensive group looks better to me than most. This is going to be a big year for Goff. He's going to get a chance to hold that job down and he will have enough around him for them to get a good evaluation.

I figure they'll take a shot on a QB at some point this draft. It would be wise to eat a redshirt while Goff is there. And if Goff plays well, they're in good shape and even if he doesn't then they enter year two with a QB who had time to learn the offense and who will enter his year two with strong weapons around him.

If I'm Holmes, I might even consider trading out of his second round draft pick for a 2023 1'st rounder and a mid-round 2022 pick. My reasoning is that if they accumulate multiple firsts in 2023 they can start looking at a better Goff replacement if he doesn't turn in a good season this year. I'd skip the QB's remaining in this draft when they pick. jmo.

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
i watched every Lions game last season. Young and inexperienced on offence with the exception of Goff and the tight end T J Hockenson. Literally no one to receive except Hockenson and Amon St Thomas. Jameson Williams should be huge for Lions offence. Lions were competitive and should/could be at or around .500 this season
train

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Maybe, but I have a feeling they think they have something in Goff. He played much better once they acquired Reynolds & when Dan Campbell started calling the plays. IMO, I believe this will always be a trade that was good for both teams plus Brad Holmes now being GM in Detroit.

Green Bay better be careful, they could end up being the third best team in this division.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff's contract has an out after this season according to sportrac. So believing in him is great but the business side has to be buttered too. They have to be ready to move from either destination, those being Goff playing well or not playing well.

nighttrain

Legend
Goff's contract has an out after this season according to sportrac. So believing in him is great but the business side has to be buttered too. They have to be ready to move from either destination, those being Goff playing well or not playing well.
Goff will be in Detroit for awhile,
train

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everything looks pretty on paper.
Not the same depth chart list for that team this time last year. Which is the point our guy Brad Holmes has done a masterclass in upgrading that roster after Patricia and the previous GM destroyed the team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know many people that think he's the long term answer. But there was absolutely no QB in this draft that will be an upgrade him this year or 2023 if the took one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know many people that think he's the long term answer. But there was absolutely no QB in this draft that will be an upgrade him this year or 2023 if the took one.
I realize all that. These QBs all need work and I've acknowledged that as well as said the goal is to take advantage of Goff's presence by taking that redshirt year for the drafted QB.

Also as to anyone thinking he's a long term answer he may well be. The guy has the talent. But there is enough reason to want to hedge your bets even if he's been ideal thus far. His regression with us was real and hopefully he's worked past it but Brad's not gonna hitch his wagon to him he's going to do what's best for the Lions.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I realize all that. These QBs all need work and I've acknowledged that as well as said the goal is to take advantage of Goff's presence by taking that redshirt year for the drafted QB.

Also as to anyone thinking he's a long term answer he may well be. The guy has the talent. But there is enough reason to want to hedge your bets even if he's been ideal thus far. His regression with us was real and hopefully he's worked past it but Brad's not gonna hitch his wagon to him he's going to do what's best for the Lions.
I think next year they do this, better QB draft and they still have 2 first round picks. Holmes will build a roster for two years then get the answer at QB and they'll likely take over the division as Rodgers goes into retirement crying himself to sleep.