OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Guess this will put Shula back @ the Edge Rushers unit like in 2020?
Yeah I was not aware they did that, but obviously the Rams like to split linebacker coaching duties, which IMO, makes sense in the 3-4 alingment.

When McVay mentioned Chris Beake again he spoke of the Vic Fangio defense, I do know this, IMO, I believe Fangio will return to coaching next year and I believe that the 49ers will offer him the gig if their DC gets a Head Coaching gig and I'm not sure on the Rams because I believe that if Morris leaves to be a HC next year, DL Eric Henderson would be in line to become DC because if not, then I believe Morris would take Coach Henny with him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah I was not aware they did that, but obviously the Rams like to split linebacker coaching duties, which IMO, makes sense in the 3-4 alingment.

When McVay mentioned Chris Beake again he spoke of the Vic Fangio defense, I do know this, IMO, I believe Fangio will return to coaching next year and I believe that the 49ers will offer him the gig if their DC gets a Head Coaching gig and I'm not sure on the Rams because I believe that if Morris leaves to be a HC next year, DL Eric Henderson would be in line to become DC because if not, then I believe Morris would take Coach Henny with him.
Wasn’t Staley’s defense more of a spin-off of Fangio’s?

I could see many Rams fans clamoring for Fangio to join the Rams if Morris were hired as a head coach next January-February. In fact I’ve seen that sentiment here.

I’m not sure McVay would want an older coach set in his system. Sean seems to like younger coaches.

I could see Shanahan going after Fangio like you said, however I don’t think Ryans gets a head coach job after his second season. What innovation did he bring to the Niners defense to make teams think he is a bright new mind ready to lead a team after two years?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I could see Shanahan going after Fangio like you said, however I don’t think Ryans gets a head coach job after his second season. What innovation did he bring to the Niners defense to make teams think he is a bright new mind ready to lead a team after two years?
Ryans did have several interviews and oversaw one of the top defenses in the NFL. Ryans also a former player so if the 49ers defense continues to be in the upper echelon of the NFL, I could Ryans getting more interviews next year and possibly landing a job, just like his mentor Robert Saleh .

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Just saw a clip of Mike McDaniel talking Tua on NFL Network.

Dude looks like he should be the VP of Nerds at Google, not an NFL Head Coach. Am I wrong?

download.jpeg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just saw a clip of Mike McDaniel talking Tua on NFL Network.

Dude looks like he should be the VP of Nerds at Google, not an NFL Head Coach. Am I wrong?

View attachment 52749
Yep, I thought that about him when he was being interviewed for the job. It might be tough for him to assert himself with some of these players.

One thing that always holds true to this day. A lot of masculine athletic types still look down on weaklings.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

If Fangio is available next offseason and the Rams lose Morris to a HC gig then McVay will get his guy. In fact Fangio might even wait around to see if Morris gets that job. Being on this staff is that desirable especially when Fangio knows the respect McVay has for his scheme.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Love the hire of Samples as RB Coach, only 27 years old, wow and what an opportunity for him too...McVay continues to show us the Way!
1646418485181.png

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I watched Mike McDaniel today on Pat McAfee Show and was entertained in a good way. Dude has a sense of humor. I bet he turns those Tunas around with Tua and company. If anything they'll compete in the AFC East. Just remember McVay was once an unknown (prodigy in the making).

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I watched Mike McDaniel today on Pat McAfee Show and was entertained in a good way. Dude has a sense of humor. I bet he turns those Tunas around with Tua and company. If anything they'll compete in the AFC East. Just remember McVay was once an unknown (prodigy in the making).
I said the same in another thread about him on McAfee today. Dude seems awesome as hell and so fun. I'm really pulling for him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Dolphins don't need to be turned around. They went 9-8 last year, including 8-1 down the stretch. ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That late season push shit doesn't always translate to the next season. As we know well. :laugh4: