OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Shehawks just hired Sean Desai as there ass. Head coach. Good move by them.

They also fired their Oline coach.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My hope for McVay's career progression: multiple championships as HC, then move into GM role and more championships, then team president and more championships. If I'm Stan that dude would never leave my organization. My checkbook would ensure that.

By that time it's more likely to be Kroenke's kids writing that check.

McVay should remain the Rams HC until he beats Don Shula's record for wins, then become the team President CEO/COO.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
No, it was create because of the misconception that there was some bias and to appease public opinion that gives race consideration in hiring practices is “fair”.

How have these shit takes not been deleted? And yeah, they're totally gross, shit, garbage takes.

If you really feel like there's not been racism in football... well... blocked. It's gross to read this garbage over and over again. Feel free to block me so we never interact.

It'd be bad enough getting it once, but dying on the hill that "racism doesn't exist in football b/c owners just want to win" (which has been your take in multiple threads now) is beyond the pale.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How have these shit takes not been deleted? And yeah, they're totally gross, shit, garbage takes.

If you really feel like there's not been racism in football... well... blocked. It's gross to read this garbage over and over again. Feel free to block me so we never interact.

It'd be bad enough getting it once, but dying on the hill that "racism doesn't exist in football b/c owners just want to win" (which has been your take in multiple threads now) is beyond the pale.
You’re entitled to your opinion even if it’s wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hey Mack, we moved the discussion to another thread, which got locked. Think it's best to not discuss it further.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hey Mack, we moved the discussion to another thread, which got locked. Think it's best to not discuss it further.

yeah, I just put the poster on ignore and skipped the rest of the thread. I realized a few posts later what happened, but I'd missed a few days with really bad migraine and was rushing to catch up.

that was my redacted post... didn't want to be banned before the Super Bowl win...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams eyeing Liam Coen and Greg Olson to re-join Sean McVay’s staff​

View attachment 52085

It’s become an annual tradition for teams to pry assistant coaches from the Los Angeles Rams’ staff. This offseason isn’t going to be any different. Kevin O’Connell is heading to Minnesota to become the Vikings’ head coach and Ejiro Evero is in line to be the Broncos’ defensive coordinator.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, O’Connell is expected to bring Rams TEs coach/pass game coordinator Wes Phillips with him to Minnesota as his offensive coordinator or pass game coordinator.

That’s three key coaches who are on their way out, but the Rams are eyeing a couple of familiar faces to help fill out the staff. Schefter reports that Kentucky OC Liam Coen is a “prime candidate” to replace O’Connell. Former Raiders OC Greg Olson is likely to return to Los Angeles as the Rams’ offensive coordinator or quarterbacks coach.

Coen was the Rams’ assistant quarterbacks coach in 2020 but left to become Kentucky’s offensive coordinator last year. Olson was the Rams’ quarterbacks coach for one year in 2017 before bolting to join Jon Gruden’s staff with the Raiders in 2018.

Additionally, Thomas Brown could be promoted to offensive coordinator, giving the rising coach a bigger role on McVay’s staff.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Rams win 2nd SB in 2yr
Morris gets HC gig.
Rams get draft choice.

Fangio joins Rams.

Rams win 3rd SB in a row.

Shall I keep going?

:biggrin:

You forgot Thomas Brown selected to be a head coach and we get two draft picks instead of one.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You forgot Thomas Brown selected to be a head coach and we get two draft picks instead of one.

Vikings interviewing Thomas Brown for offensive coordinator job​

Jordy McElroy
Wed, February 16, 2022,
1645026344166.png

View: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1493766033047437312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1493766033047437312%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fvikingswire.usatoday.com%2F2022%2F02%2F16%2Fvikings-interviewing-thomas-brown-offensive-coordinator-job%2F

Los Angeles Rams running backs coach and assistant head coach Thomas Brown is expected to interview for the vacant offensive coordinator position with the Minnesota Vikings.

Brown, a former sixth-round draft pick for the Atlanta Falcons, has risen through the coaching ranks since his days training strength and condition at the University of Georgia. He latched on as a running backs coach for the Rams in 2020 before being promoted as an assistant head coach in their 2021 Super Bowl season.

The 35-year-old coach obviously has a clear connection with incoming Vikings head coach Kevin O’Connell, who is expected to be introduced on Thursday.

There was talk of Wes Phillips, son of former longtime NFL coach Wade Phillips, potentially joining the team as an offensive coordinator, but his role, if there is one, hasn’t been confirmed yet.

But as of right now, considering the timing of this interview, this could be Brown’s job to lose.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Vikings interviewing Thomas Brown for offensive coordinator job​

Jordy McElroy
Wed, February 16, 2022,
View attachment 52385

View: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1493766033047437312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1493766033047437312%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fvikingswire.usatoday.com%2F2022%2F02%2F16%2Fvikings-interviewing-thomas-brown-offensive-coordinator-job%2F

Los Angeles Rams running backs coach and assistant head coach Thomas Brown is expected to interview for the vacant offensive coordinator position with the Minnesota Vikings.

Brown, a former sixth-round draft pick for the Atlanta Falcons, has risen through the coaching ranks since his days training strength and condition at the University of Georgia. He latched on as a running backs coach for the Rams in 2020 before being promoted as an assistant head coach in their 2021 Super Bowl season.

The 35-year-old coach obviously has a clear connection with incoming Vikings head coach Kevin O’Connell, who is expected to be introduced on Thursday.

There was talk of Wes Phillips, son of former longtime NFL coach Wade Phillips, potentially joining the team as an offensive coordinator, but his role, if there is one, hasn’t been confirmed yet.

But as of right now, considering the timing of this interview, this could be Brown’s job to lose.

I don't want to lose Brown.