2021 NFL Draft: Lance Zierlein’s top 10 centers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Humphrey is gone before we pick long gone like late 1st round gone.

There was a report I read that not many teams have glaring holes at center. Not sure, it might be earlier in this thread.

In a league you need to win games now, grabbing a center might feel a luxury early. Heres hoping anyway.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
How do we still have 17 days to the draft. I really hate this change man. Was so much better having the draft earlier in the offseason this is some BS.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
How do we still have 17 days to the draft. I really hate this change man. Was so much better having the draft earlier in the offseason this is some BS.
I think it’s been at the end of April for years now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There was a report I read that not many teams have glaring holes at center. Not sure, it might be earlier in this thread.

In a league you need to win games now, grabbing a center might feel a luxury early. Heres hoping anyway.
Just off the top of my head I'll start with Green Bay. Rumor is they will move Jenkins inside but he was pretty good at Guard and not sure what they are replacing him with. Then you have the Bengals, Jets, Raiders (who do they have left on the OLine after cutting and trading so many), KC could still go for one even though they signed Blythe, Giants, Steelers and the Eagles and Cowboys both could stand to go young and healthy there. Most all of those teams have 2 picks before us and a couple have 3 or 4. When you get down to it is the Jets 3rd biggest need a starting Center? Could be if they want to actually protect this rookie QB then again they could give him some weapons and target a center in the 3rd.

You know how it is every year we make out a list in our minds of who's picking before us and if this guy or that guy is a need then all of a sudden a team we didn't anticipate taking a position does and trades it's veteran starter there to cut costs or some other reason. I'd love the kid along with the 3 I listed, just not holding my breath on him lasting to us.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Last year on the calendar is was a full week ahead the 23-25 of April
Yes but the prior five years (2015-2019), the Draft started between April 25th and April 30th.

So it’s been the end of April for some time now.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yes but the prior five years (2015-2019), the Draft started between April 25th and April 30th.

So it’s been the end of April for some time now.
Man. This is bad.

I am looking up the start dates of past NFL drafts.

OK. I am going to the Boobies and Booty threads.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it feels so much longer because of how the other off season events were cancelled. The NFL Combine was such a great distraction, a week of watching 40 times, bench pressing, QB drills etc.... With that and for all intents and purposes, the college all star games not being the same, there has been an additional void added to the longest off season in sports

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think it feels so much longer because of how the other off season events were cancelled. The NFL Combine was such a great distraction, a week of watching 40 times, bench pressing, QB drills etc.... With that and for all intents and purposes, the college all star games not being the same, there has been an additional void added to the longest off season in sports

I think that’s it. No combine throws a big gap in activity.

We were sort of lucky having the Stafford trade to fill the void. Some teams have only free agent news, and some of those teams not much of that.