OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Shame he's leaving early :D He doesn't know what he'll miss. I wonder if his moms maiden name was Blutarsky though.

View: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1391396784627351564?s=09

iu

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
It will be interesting to see if the Chiefs made a mistake or not in cutting Fisher.
Reading some afc west fans he’s been pretty average. One guy described him as better than his backup but not so good you couldn’t upgrade him. Plus a 30 year old coming back from an achilles will be interesting. That said they didn’t have many options on a playoff team.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Reading some afc west fans he’s been pretty average. One guy described him as better than his backup but not so good you couldn’t upgrade him. Plus a 30 year old coming back from an achilles will be interesting. That said they didn’t have many options on a playoff team.
Good for the Colts that it's only a one year deal. The track record for 30 year-old plus professional athletes coming back near 100% from an Achilles injury is not great.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My original thought when they cut him was, that if there was any draft to grab a potential future left tackle, when drafting at the end of each round then this could be it.

Then they end up not drafting any Tackles. :sur:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Colts surprised me by not taking a LT this year. It was their only need up front and the most important with a new QB behind that line and now they have no choice but to roll the dice on Fisher. Kind of reminiscent of what we did.

Though I also think part of that was the Titans snaking Radunz in their face. But still when you wait for round 2 for LT you have nobody to blame but yourself lol.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My original thought when they cut him was, that if there was any draft to grab a potential future left tackle, when drafting at the end of each round then this could be it.

Then they end up not drafting any Tackles. :sur:
I think some of that was how things went down. If for example Radunz or Eichenberg had been there at 57 maybe they would have been the pick.

It's that late round 2 thing in part IMO. Generally it means you won't get a LT, or a top TE, or a top ILB, or a top Edge type, or a shutdown corner. Rams sort of alluded to that way of thinking with their comments on Tutu in fact. That they felt those types (explosive wideouts) tend to not fall to where they are picking.

I suspect they made the best of the way things fell in terms of following their board. And they weren't willing to reach for the centers there round 2, which may prove to be a mistake. They were probably prepared to go a number of different ways depending on who was there.

OR maybe McVay is an insane person and was going to take Tutu regardless. But I'm not fully sold on that idea. They always act like whoever they take was their plan all along.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it would be pretty cool if he made it as a TE, a position he could/should have switched to years ago.
I thought he could have been a pretty good QB. All 32 teams, however, disagreed with me.

Tano

Legend
I thought he could have been a pretty good QB. All 32 teams, however, disagreed with me.
I have been arguing with my co-worker that Tebow could have been a hall of fame TE if he wasn't so stubborn on being a QB

He has all the makings of a great TE if he can catch the ball.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think some of that was how things went down. If for example Radunz or Eichenberg had been there at 57 maybe they would have been the pick.

It's that late round 2 thing in part IMO. Generally it means you won't get a LT, or a top TE, or a top ILB, or a top Edge type, or a shutdown corner. Rams sort of alluded to that way of thinking with their comments on Tutu in fact. That they felt those types (explosive wideouts) tend to not fall to where they are picking.

I suspect they made the best of the way things fell in terms of following their board. And they weren't willing to reach for the centers there round 2, which may prove to be a mistake. They were probably prepared to go a number of different ways depending on who was there.

OR maybe McVay is an insane person and was going to take Tutu regardless. But I'm not fully sold on that idea. They always act like whoever they take was their plan all along.
Not really. I saw where he said, "some teams made some decisions for us"

Obviously Atwell was a target, doesn't mean he was their top target. They likely had a fallback WR in round 2 or 3 if possibly the top guy slipped to them at another position.

Maybe their was a CB that they coveted like Samuel who they would have taken there or an edge like Tryon. So once those options went away Atwell becomes the guy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really. I saw where he said, "some teams made some decisions for us"

Obviously Atwell was a target, doesn't mean he was their top target. They likely had a fallback WR in round 2 or 3 if possibly the top guy slipped to them at another position.

Maybe their was a CB that they coveted like Samuel who they would have taken there or an edge like Tryon. So once those options went away Atwell becomes the guy.
I think we're saying the same thing there Philly. So yeah, I agree. :cheers2:

Psycho_X

Legend
Under the 'and more' heading of the OP's thread title ...

RIP
Guy had some addiction demons it sounds like. Tragic ending for a great college player. Remember at the last board I was at he was a guy on some radars to draft to backup or even replace Bulger eventually. Guy was a complete NFL flop though. RIP.