OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

He‘s not good enough for us... but for you he’s worth a 1st round pick.

tenor.gif

fearsomefour

Legend
I feel bad for Gurley. He went from arguably the most valuable player in the NFL to a JAG in 1 season. He was also the leader of the Rams, and he made the organization proud. I loved listening to him talk to reporters after some of those great games, and I still remember when someone accused him of saying Jeff Fisher's offense was high school-like, and Gurley corrected him by stating that it was "playing" like a high-school offense. He was all class and did not want to insult Fisher. And even though we all pretty much know what happened to his knee, I would still like to hear it form him. In his words. JMO
Which is exactly why my advice to any player would be max out what you can make as soon as you can.
Grab dat signing bonus.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
True but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

To answer your question...he was the only young Ram corner being developed on the PS last season.
This young Practice Squad CB was already on his way out after being SUP in 2020 season. Now in 021 before the season begins he gets SUP again.

I would bet Snead's draft scouts have been very busy as of late in reviewing the OUTSIDE corners in this draft class.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
To answer your question...he was the only young Ram corner being developed on the PS last season.
This young Practice Squad CB was already on his way out after being SUP in 2020 season. Now in 021 before the season begins he gets SUP again.

I would bet Snead's draft scouts have been very busy as of late in reviewing the OUTSIDE corners in this draft class.

There have been at least three corners that they met with virtually. There's likely to be some not known about and others they like that they didn't feel the need to check on more extensively. Because of the premium across the league on the position I'm guessing it has become a priority with the loss of Hill at slot corner. The depth on the outside is not so impressive. They may be looking to bolster there as well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We had Donte Deayon on our PS too.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We had Donte Deayon on our PS too.
Good recall jrry32 as usual!

That's very true .....I thought of that but in truth, Donte Deayon does not fit the usual PS developmental player which was my point. DD will be 28 yrs old here shortly & is entering his 5th season bouncing around. DD enter the NFL in 2016 & has played in 8 NFL games since then. He might have a good chance to stick in here as our corner if things do not go as according as I project in this upcoming draft.

Speaking of the draft it would not hurt my feeling if Snead came out with two corners. One on day 2 (outside corner) & on day 2 a Nickle corner with good return skills. But the uncertainty of the future ability to sign Darious Williams after this season & our present 3rd corner David Long thus far poor performances when playing with the defense. The need for Long to finally step up is critical.