OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
So many guys will be available for cheap with no money available for most teams. Good bargains for teams getting vets just looking for a job.

But I can’t see us cutting Robinson. He’s really pretty cheap cap wise. IMO he’s a better value keeping him. Unless the team has concerns he can get back up to 60-80% snaps per game. If so, then maybe a cut potentially makes sense. Otherwise seems like a bargain for guy in prime.

Brockers is a different story. There’s some meat on that cap savings. I want him to stay a Ram for sentimental reasons. But I can see the value in a cut. He’s worth the cap hit to stay though. Not an easy decision either way on him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
So many guys will be available for cheap with no money available for most teams. Good bargains for teams getting vets just looking for a job.

But I can’t see us cutting Robinson. He’s really pretty cheap cap wise. IMO he’s a better value keeping him. Unless the team has concerns he can get back up to 60-80% snaps per game. If so, then maybe a cut potentially makes sense. Otherwise seems like a bargain for guy in prime.

Brockers is a different story. There’s some meat on that cap savings. I want him to stay a Ram for sentimental reasons. But I can see the value in a cut. He’s worth the cap hit to stay though. Not an easy decision either way on him.
I read one guy tweeting about a conversation with a GM yesterday and the GM described the next week or so as an incoming bloodbath. So many cuts going to happen. And a new thread for each of them will likely follow :D

btfd16

Rookie

I think the strategy is almost just wait and see. A lot of good players will be available if half of the teams go quickly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great signing for Detroit. Good value and a good fit.
Agreed if they keep Golladay that's a pretty good WR room and lets them use #7 on defense.

Psycho_X

Legend
He's gotta stay healthy but yeah could be very good for the Lions.

They will have a good offense around Goff if Williams and Swift can stay healthy. Not sure Swift is an every down back but he is certainly a great weapon. If they can get that rushing game to synergize into something they might be real good. If Campbell rubs his attitude off on that defense to make it not suck they might compete for second place in the North.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They will have a good offense around Goff if Williams and Swift can stay healthy. Not sure Swift is an every down back but he is certainly a great weapon. If they can get that rushing game to synergize into something they might be real good. If Campbell rubs his attitude off on that defense to make it not suck they might compete for second place in the North.
I'd wager Lynn will want to add a 2nd back on day 2 early day 3. Kerryon Johnson was good his rookie year in limited carries but not much since then and is nearing the end of his rookie deal.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

View: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1367143441759666176?s=20

Very interesting graph. Spending =/= wins.

Edit: should say "spending doesn't necessarily = wins". Obviously over simplistic, but interesting.

It's a tool (hehehe). That's all it is. Just like the draft and how that got romanticized into something its not.

Remember when everyone, including myself, laughed at Washington for spending so much on Albert Haynesworth, Adam Archuleta, Donovan McNabb, etc etc? Everyone else was obsessed with FA. "Sign this guy, sign that guy! Why are they just sitting there twiddling their thumbs?! If we had a savvy GM this guy would already be signed, sealed, and delivered."

Not spending or spending doesn't mean anything.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm torn between Brockers and Robinson. I'd like to have both stay but one will be a cap casualty. Robinson is younger and cheaper.
Something will have to give somewhere...Brockers appears to be the better solution to dampen down the problem. A trade for a 7th rd draft pick on Brockers would be much better than just release. I do not see anyone doing that.

Both could end up going real quick. Leaving Sebastian Joseph-Day replacing Brockers & Greg Gaines taking over the NT post for Day.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Something will have to give somewhere...Brockers appears to be the better solution to dampen down the problem. A trade for a 7th rd draft pick on Brockers would be much better than just release. I do not see anyone doing that.

Both could end up going real quick. Leaving Sebastian Joseph-Day replacing Brockers & Greg Gaines taking over the NT post for Day.
That’s the big thing we’ll see. We all want to trade players with big salary hits to clear cap but other teams are wanting to clear it as well. It’s great to want a pick for a vet we have but this year it might be less likely.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Lynn will have that running game working. But I agree they should add a complement for Swift.