OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Some shock jocks in New York are worried but making sense that the jets chances just decreased by Watt signing with the Cardinals.

Pretty interesting....the little angry bug dude and some picks go to Houston. Watson back to cards reunited with Hopkins and Watt.
Murray is from Texas but that is a trade that makes a shit ton of sense. At Murray's highest ceiling will he be as good as Watson or better???? It's very interesting.

Psycho_X

Legend
Well, a healthy Watt and a healthy Chandler Jones would be a dangerous duo. Them being healthy is the big question mark but certainly don't want to play against both of them. Maybe the Cards will cut Jones and we can pick him up lol. One can dream. Either way, Watt chased the money so whatever. Cards will be ok but he isn't getting any kind of Super Bowl glory there.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Some shock jocks in New York are worried but making sense that the jets chances just decreased by Watt signing with the Cardinals.

Pretty interesting....the little angry bug dude and some picks go to Houston. Watson back to cards reunited with Hopkins and Watt.
Murray is from Texas but that is a trade that makes a shit ton of sense. At Murray's highest ceiling will he be as good as Watson or better???? It's very interesting.

watson is 6’2” and Murray is 5’10”. If the two are close in talent then I’d take the taller of the two. Plus Murray has had some nagging injuries that he’s played with. I question long term health for him

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
watson is 6’2” and Murray is 5’10”. If the two are close in talent then I’d take the taller of the two. Plus Murray has had some nagging injuries that he’s played with. I question long term health for him

To me no contest. I will take Watson. Murray is the perfect way to lessen the trade blow he is from Texas ...still on his rookie contract....there something to that discussion. Could be out in left field could be where there is some there is fire. Parts fit nicely though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I
well i guess the joke is that hopkins and watt went to the cardinals, so why not watson. pretty lame.

t absolutely is a joke when you look at the source.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He will be released and a lot of us wanted him when he last hit free agency. He’ll be 30 before the season starts and hasn’t p,aged a full season in four years. If he’s brought in as a vet minimum maybe but he’s got to be part of competition or depth, you can’t pay a guy like this anything more than a minimum imo.

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1367142541947269122?s=20

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams have to make a decision on A’Shawn Robinson, Michael Brockers soon - Turf Show Times
Rams have to make a decision on A’Shawn Robinson, Michael Brockers soon
Several roster bonuses will become due on March 20
By Kenneth Arthur
1614794259257.png

The LA Rams have an unofficial ‘deadline’ of March 20 with regards to how they want to handle the contracts of several veterans. That’s when roster bonuses will come due for A’Shawn Robinson, Michael Brockers, Andrew Whitworth, and Cooper Kupp.

Robinson and Brockers will also have their 2021 base salaries guaranteed on March 22, so it is important for the team to decide within the next two weeks if they’ll be able to retain either or both of these players.

Robinson, who only played in 111 snaps during his first season with the Rams, will earn a $1 million bonus and have his $1 million roster bonus in 2022 guaranteed if he is on the roster on March 20. Robinson will then have his entire $2.5 million base salary in 2021 guaranteed on March 22. He carries a $5.25 million cap hit but the team would save $3.75 million if they released him with a post-June 1 designation.

Brockers will have a $1.5 million guaranteed roster bonus due on March 20, but he will also have his entire 2021 base salary guaranteed on March 22. Brockers has a $6.5 million base salary next season and a $9.8 million cap hit. The team would save $4.6 million if they release him.

Whitworth will receive a $2.5 million roster bonus on March 20, so if there’s a chance he will retire or not return, the Rams should want to make a decision on that before that date.

Kupp will receive a $2.5 million roster bonus on March 20 and Robert Woods will get his 2022 roster bonus ($3.5 million) guaranteed on March 21. Kupp will also have $7.5 million of his 2022 base salary guaranteed on March 22. That is also the day that Jalen Ramsey is expected to have $7.5 million of his 2022 base salary guaranteed and Matthew Stafford receives a $10 million roster bonus.

Robinson, Brockers, and Whitworth are the three major areas of focus however and they will require answers soon.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'm torn between Brockers and Robinson. I'd like to have both stay but one will be a cap casualty. Robinson is younger and cheaper.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He will be released and a lot of us wanted him when he last hit free agency. He’ll be 30 before the season starts and hasn’t p,aged a full season in four years. If he’s brought in as a vet minimum maybe but he’s got to be part of competition or depth, you can’t pay a guy like this anything more than a minimum imo.

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1367142541947269122?s=20

What the above means to me is the 9ers will soak up @ least 2 of the current UFA centers. The 9ers have 1 OC on the roster Jake Brendel who has never played for the 9ers.

9ers have three centers who are UFA's Tony Bergstrom, Ben Garland & Hroniss Grasu.