OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It

may have been Adoree Jackson. Rams may have dodged a bullet there.

Doubtful imo.
With Ramsey & Darious Williams already on-board, can't imagine the Rams paying anything near what Jackson received. It would have pre-empted Williams from signing long term or likely even being franchised in 2022, that would amount to 3 huge contracts at CB for 2022 if the Rams wished to retain Williams. I'm guessing the draft will provide ...

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Nice, thanks to the big guy.
Curious if they already offered him an opportunity to join the organization after he retires. If so, it was smart for both sides. He gets a future opportunity and gives back a little now. Although I could also see him going into broadcasting.

fearsomefour

Legend
To my point: Rams vs 49ers playoff head-to-head history...ONE GAME.

1990 NFC Championship
SF-30
LA-3

As storied as this rivalry is i'd like to see more playoff games. There's no better way to stick it to your division rival than to send them home in the post-season. Amiright Seattle?

Rams are 2-0 lifetime vs Seattle in the playoffs.

No games vs Arizona. Rams have one playoff win vs the St Louis Cardinals in '75

Rams are 0-2 vs the Atlanta Falcons ('05 and '17)

Rams are 1-1 vs New Orleans ('18 and '00)

The Rams owe the Niners an NFC championship beatdown.
That Rams team was very good.
Rams took an early 3-0 lead.
Stopped the Whiners and Everett was lobbed a ball....for no real reason....to a wide open WR (was it Flipper?). Because he lobbed the ball a defender got a finger on it and knocked it away taking a sure Rams TD off the board.
The rest is history.
It also signified the beginning of the Rams decent into a long run of truly terrible ball.
That game crushed my soul.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That Rams team was very good.
Rams took an early 3-0 lead.
Stopped the Whiners and Everett was lobbed a ball....for no real reason....to a wide open WR (was it Flipper?). Because he lobbed the ball a defender got a finger on it and knocked it away taking a sure Rams TD off the board.
The rest is history.
It also signified the beginning of the Rams decent into a long run of truly terrible ball.
That game crushed my soul.

Hadn't they already won on the road at the Eagles and Giants in the play-offs before this game? I remember being a very happy 13 year old (not just because i’d recently discovered wanking) thinking the Rams were going to the Super Bowl. Like you I was gutted by this result.

fearsomefour

Legend
Hadn't they already won on the road at the Eagles and Giants in the play-offs before this game? I remember being a very happy 13 year old (not just because i’d recently discovered wanking) thinking the Rams were going to the Super Bowl. Like you I was gutted by this result.
Yes.
Greg Bell with a big game in the rain in Philly and Everett to Flipper for the walk off win at the Giants.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Fuck me man.. losing out left and right. Thank God we got Djax for over $3mil.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I can’t decide if I like what AZ is doing or not. Some moves look great and others are head scratchers.

It’s either going to work, or AZ starts a reboot in 2022.

Some of these moves look “urgent” and thrown together, to me.

Something you see when a regime knows they’ve been given enough time, and feeling heat.

Damn. Might have been my last “off the radar” FA hope, even if it was never a part of any rumor.

Psycho_X

Legend
Does anyone know the last day a team can put a claim in on anothers restricted free agents? I can't find a definitive date anywhere for this offseason. Was wondering if the Rams are holding off signing later tier free agents until they know for sure D Will won't get an offer of some kind. Might also be why the Rams are never in hurry to share contract details until they are filed. If a team was actually thinking of signing him to a contract they might wait and see if Rams hamstring themselves by using up their cap space so any contract they give him doesn't have to be front loaded. But the longer it drags out the more cap space dries up for other teams too. I don't know, probably not but just a random thought I had.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does anyone know the last day a team can put a claim in on anothers restricted free agents? I can't find a definitive date anywhere for this offseason. Was wondering if the Rams are holding off signing later tier free agents until they know for sure D Will won't get an offer of some kind. Might also be why the Rams are never in hurry to share contract details until they are filed. If a team was actually thinking of signing him to a contract they might wait and see if Rams hamstring themselves by using up their cap space so any contract they give him doesn't have to be front loaded. But the longer it drags out the more cap space dries up for other teams too. I don't know, probably not but just a random thought I had.
Found this:

Q. How do the free agency rules apply to restricted free agents?
A. If a player with three accrued seasons has received a "qualifying offer" (a salary tender predetermined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the league and its players) from his old club, he can negotiate with any club through April 23. If the restricted free agent signs an offer sheet with a new club, his old club can match the offer and retain him because the qualifying offer entitles it to a "right of first refusal" on any offer sheet the player signs. If the old club does not match the offer, it may receive draft-choice compensation depending on the amount of its qualifying offer. If an offer sheet is not executed on or before April 23, the player's negotiating rights revert exclusively to his old club. In addition, prior to the start of free agency a player who would otherwise be a restricted free agent may be designated by his old club as its franchise player or transition player.