OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wonder if I could become an "NFL insider" like that guy who tweeted that, if I just claim to have sources while reporting on an obvious or likely trade situation.

The tweets sort of link together. The one below follows the first one. But I’m not familiar with the following-tweet source either.

This is a problem with today’s news. Link stuff together, boom... it’s now “news”.

View: https://twitter.com/nfldraftbites/status/1362162853667622916?s=21

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The tweets sort of link together. The one below follows the first one. But I’m not familiar with the following-tweet source either.

This is a problem with today’s news. Link stuff together, boom... it’s now “news”.

View: https://twitter.com/nfldraftbites/status/1362162853667622916?s=21

let’s hope it’s true.

Actually Big Rob I believe is signed
until 2022.His contract is starting to look like a steal. The Rams run game has always been good.Having Stafford
being able to see the wide pass rush could actually be an advantage to buy more time in certain situations.
Bobby Evans looked good at LG for Edwards when hurt.
Big Whitworth is such a solid veteran as well Havienstien. Noteboom sitting will only save money when or if he hits the open market.
The old saying of one in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.Corbett,Noteboom & Whitworth Contracts & time are running out.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well, his another article that just from ramblinfan.com from a followup on Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) / Twitter

Per one report, LA Rams Rob Havenstein may be on trading block
Per one report, LA Rams Rob Havenstein could be on the trading block (ramblinfan.com)

1613681413622.png

The LA Rams may be looking to win now. But that does not mean that the team is deaf to the interest in their offensive right tackle, Rob Havenstein. Right now, Havenstein is coming off of a rather productive season. While the team enjoyed his resurgence in 2020, the analytics grade for Havenstein was more favorable than the optics.

And so, a report that Havenstein is considered available via trade is surprising to many, but completely expected by us. In fact, we anticipated this news more than a week ago. So what would compel us to believe that the team, admittedly in win-now mode, would be willing to trade their starting veteran right tackle?

Why indeed.
#Rams Right Tackle Rob Havenstein is considered available via trade. Acquiring team would have $6.75M Cap Hit in 2021. Will play season at 29 yrs old. Steady Player. Might be an option for Bengals, Ravens (if trade Orlando Brown Jr) & others.
— Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) February 17, 2021
The LA Rams have amassed quite a stockpile of young talented players, many of who have waited patiently for a chance to compete for playing time for several years. Young players like Bobby Evans, a returning Chandler Brewer, and now second-year Tremayne Anchrum. All three have arguable reasons to have a chance to play a larger role on the offensive line in 2021.

Of course, some will claim that the Rams are by no means ‘set’ at offensive left tackle either. But it was clear that Joseph Noteboom played well enough in a relief role for an injured Andrew Whitworth to be considered the front-runner for any playing time at that position.

So now it comes down to the LA Rams and trading Rob Havenstein. What can the LA Rams expect in return? Well, Havenstein has two years remaining on his contract. And for all intents and purposes, he has a very affordable contract with salaries of just $6.75 million for 2021, and $7.25 million for 2022.

For any team shopping for an offensive tackle, they are likely to sign one for at that amount for just one year. That gives Havenstein premium value in the NFL marketplace. The Rams could get a round-two pick for him.

Right now, the LA Rams project to lose center Austin Blythe and OL Coleman Shelton to free agency. But the team will have OL Jamil Demby on a future/reserve contract and OT Chandler Brewer back from his year of opting out. Two in, two out. Even steven. If the team is interested in doing so, Shelton is an exclusive restricted free agent and can be signed for a minimal price. Even if the Rams pass on Blythe, they are still up one offensive lineman.

Getting a second-round draft pick for Havenstein is good value, and one I do not believe that the Rams can pass up right now. With two second-round and two third-round picks, the Rams would be in a position to replicate their 2020 NFL Draft results. Right now, it’s just one report. But it does fit the bread crumbs that Les Snead has been dropping,

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
For a second, or even a third round pick, I could see the Rams trading Havenstein but that seems very optimistic.

Unfortunately, I would guess a fourth is the best they could do; and a fifth is more likely.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if this has anything to do with Kromer leaving?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, his another article that just from ramblinfan.com from a followup on Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) / Twitter

Per one report, LA Rams Rob Havenstein may be on trading block
Per one report, LA Rams Rob Havenstein could be on the trading block (ramblinfan.com)

View attachment 43807

The LA Rams may be looking to win now. But that does not mean that the team is deaf to the interest in their offensive right tackle, Rob Havenstein. Right now, Havenstein is coming off of a rather productive season. While the team enjoyed his resurgence in 2020, the analytics grade for Havenstein was more favorable than the optics.

And so, a report that Havenstein is considered available via trade is surprising to many, but completely expected by us. In fact, we anticipated this news more than a week ago. So what would compel us to believe that the team, admittedly in win-now mode, would be willing to trade their starting veteran right tackle?

Why indeed.

The LA Rams have amassed quite a stockpile of young talented players, many of who have waited patiently for a chance to compete for playing time for several years. Young players like Bobby Evans, a returning Chandler Brewer, and now second-year Tremayne Anchrum. All three have arguable reasons to have a chance to play a larger role on the offensive line in 2021.

Of course, some will claim that the Rams are by no means ‘set’ at offensive left tackle either. But it was clear that Joseph Noteboom played well enough in a relief role for an injured Andrew Whitworth to be considered the front-runner for any playing time at that position.

So now it comes down to the LA Rams and trading Rob Havenstein. What can the LA Rams expect in return? Well, Havenstein has two years remaining on his contract. And for all intents and purposes, he has a very affordable contract with salaries of just $6.75 million for 2021, and $7.25 million for 2022.

For any team shopping for an offensive tackle, they are likely to sign one for at that amount for just one year. That gives Havenstein premium value in the NFL marketplace. The Rams could get a round-two pick for him.

Right now, the LA Rams project to lose center Austin Blythe and OL Coleman Shelton to free agency. But the team will have OL Jamil Demby on a future/reserve contract and OT Chandler Brewer back from his year of opting out. Two in, two out. Even steven. If the team is interested in doing so, Shelton is an exclusive restricted free agent and can be signed for a minimal price. Even if the Rams pass on Blythe, they are still up one offensive lineman.

Getting a second-round draft pick for Havenstein is good value, and one I do not believe that the Rams can pass up right now. With two second-round and two third-round picks, the Rams would be in a position to replicate their 2020 NFL Draft results. Right now, it’s just one report. But it does fit the bread crumbs that Les Snead has been dropping,

The only way they get a second round pick for Rob is if they have the competition to acquire him and if it’s some very serious teams. How often do we see teams fighting over ORTs?

My take on this piece is that teams inquired if Havenstein was available and Snead said for the right price. Boom, Ramblin turns that into ‘Havenstein is on the trade block.’

In this reality most of the roster would be on the trade block aside from Donald, Ramsey, Whitworth, and Stafford. Snead would take a number 1 overall for Kupp in a heartbeat. Someone offers the second pick in round two for Henderson? Sure thing. Can I get a third for Micah Kiser? You want to trade the number 24th pick for Rapp, I’m listening, etc...

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Right now, the LA Rams project to lose center Austin Blythe and OL Coleman Shelton to free agency. But the team will have OL Jamil Demby on a future/reserve contract and OT Chandler Brewer back from his year of opting out. Two in, two out.

I'm going to be sick

Tano

Legend
So what does everyone think of Tre Boston - out of our price range? not a fit? etc?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
In before Snead trades Havenstein AND a 2nd rd pick for a veteran Center.

The board...
giphy.gif

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
For a second, or even a third round pick, I could see the Rams trading Havenstein but that seems very optimistic.

Unfortunately, I would guess a fourth is the best they could do; and a fifth is more likely.
I could see a trade like Ogletree's or Quinn... When I think we got a 4 & 6... Gives you at the very least trade chips to move up or simply more swings at it to find the next Fuller or Day.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I could see a trade like Ogletree's or Quinn... When I think we git a 4 & 6... Gives you at the very least trade chips to move up or simply more swings at it to find the next Fuller or Day.
I agree with the return but that would just be a salary dump in my opinion.

I like Havenstein, and consider him a solid veteran RT ... strong run-blocker and better-than-average pass-blocking RT.

My greatest concern is whether they have a competent replacement.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I could see a trade like Ogletree's or Quinn... When I think we git a 4 & 6... Gives you at the very least trade chips to move up or simply more swings at it to find the next Fuller or Day.

I like Havenstein, and consider him a solid veteran RT ... strong run-blocker and better-than-average pass-blocking RT.

And in this draft (scouting with CoVID restrictions) picks are a premium. The more the better!

Good players will be “stolen” late in this draft like no other. It’s impossible that scouting won’t be impacted.

Get those picks Snead.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And in this draft (scouting with CoVID restrictions) picks are a premium. The more the better!

Good players will be “stolen” late in this draft like no other. It’s impossible that scouting won’t be impacted.

Get those picks Snead.

Heck... even players are impacted. The training also has to be impacted, by CoVID restrictions.

Players will develop in the pros like never before.

Am I wrong thinking this?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Well, you drafted Edwards, Evans, and Noteboom. Those guys are more than half way through their first contracts. At some point they need to provide you something and right now a huge help would be allowing them to save $5M on Havenstein.

They need yo start creating real cap room ASAP.

Otherwise Whitworth, Brockers and others will have to be sacrificed. I think Brockers was a big part of their success last yr and considering they will likely lose Fox and Floyd, you need to keep someone on that front.

Plus you add much needed picks to fill holes with cheap labor.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Well, you drafted Edwards, Evans, and Noteboom. Those guys are more than half way through their first contracts. At some point they need to provide you something and right now a huge help would be allowing them to save $5M on Havenstein.

They need yo start creating real cap room ASAP.

Otherwise Whitworth, Brockers and others will have to be sacrificed. I think Brockers was a big part of their success last yr and considering they will likely lose Fox and Floyd, you need to keep someone on that front.

Plus you add much needed picks to fill holes with cheap labor.
I agree with everything you wrote.

I like Evans and Edwards but of the three OL you mentioned (including Noteboom), only Evans has played RT (2019) in the pros.

Thus my concern as to whether the Rams have a competent RT should they move Havenstein

dang

Legend

IMO Hav would easily garner a R3 pick from a team seeking a quality starting RT.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
IMO Hav would easily garner a R3 pick from a team seeking a quality starting RT.
Hope you are right.

That would still leave a big question mark at RT but a top-100 pick would be nice.

REALLY hope you are right.