OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He said that huh?

I’dnever imagine he’d say anything publicly on picking up Watson or moves for that matter!

I'm sorry. I read it on a Yahoo sports link waiting in line at a drive thru pharmacy. I just looked for the article now and its been taken down. Its likely because Belichick didn't actually say it. I looked it up. Mike Tannenbaum said it, the short article mistakenly/intentionally had it as a Belichick quote.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Please keep JG.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210214-084600.png
    Screenshot_20210214-084600.png
    376.3 KB · Views: 150

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They didn’t beat them with Mullen either. I’d take Cousins over Gstring.

They actually beat Mullens back in 2018 JFYI, he was the QB when the Rams beat them 48-32, so the fact remains that they've never beaten the 49ers with Garoppolo at QB.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
They actually beat Mullens back in 2018 JFYI, he was the QB when the Rams beat them 48-32, so the fact remains that they've never beaten the 49ers with Garoppolo at QB.

You are correct coach den. Garoppolo is undefeated vs the Rams. 4-0

2017 34-13

2019 20-7

2019 34-31

2020 24-16

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

You seem to be arguing that Garapolo is good because the Rams have not defeated him and are casting other factors aside, like the Niners having a better defense, better Oline, good offensive scheme executed better than the Rams even without Jimmy and his number of starts in the last three years 3,16,6.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You seem to be arguing that Garapolo is good because the Rams have not defeated him and are casting other factors aside, like the Niners having a better defense, better Oline, good offensive scheme executed better than the Rams even without Jimmy and his number of starts in the last three years 3,16,6.

Well, yes there were other factors, but to this point the Rams have never beaten Jimmy G....Do you know me.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well they have defeated Brady at least twice that I recall. Brees a few times too. That makes Jimmy Garapolo better than those two I guess.

No it doesn't, but I'm just looking forward to them solving the 49er problem, the Ram have lost 4 straight to them.

Psycho_X

Legend
Seahawks looking at trading for Zach Ertz? They seem to have a weird fetish for past their prime Tight Ends lately.

Dave Zangaro
Sun, February 14, 2021, 4:07 PM
Eagles have reportedly talked to 2 teams about potential Ertz trade originally appeared on NBC Sports Philadelphia

It’s certainly no surprise that the Eagles are more than open to trading Zach Ertz this offseason, but now we know a couple of potential destinations.

The Eagles have had conversations about Ertz with the Seahawks and Colts, according to SI.com’s Ed Kracz.

It is pretty obvious that Ertz isn’t expected to return to the Eagles in 2021. In fact, the Eagles even tried to deal him before the trade deadline during the 2020 season but Ertz’s ankle injury put a stop to that.

Even Ertz seemed to understand the situation when he spoke to reporters after the season ended. Ertz was emotional in a Zoom call that seemed to serve as a goodbye message to Eagles fans after eight years with the organization.

“I’m not someone to hold grudges by any means,” Ertz said the day after the 2020 season ended. “I truly love everything this organization stands for and a lot of because Mr. (Jeff) Lurie, Howie (Roseman) and Doug (Pederson) run it a certain way. Obviously, it is a business. This has kind of been my first taste of that business. So for me I’ll never hold a grudge. Everyone’s trying to do their job to the best of their ability, just like I am each and every week, and I’m excited about the future.”

Before the year, the Eagles and Ertz were unable to come to a long-term contract agreement, which led to some public comments from Ertz and a verbal disagreement with Roseman in the NovaCare Complex that was witnessed by others.

The problem for Ertz was that instead of having a great 2020 season, he really struggled. Even before the ankle injury, Ertz was having the worst statistical season of his career. After three straight Pro Bowl seasons, Ertz had just 36 catches for 335 yards and 1 touchdown last season.

And now that he’s 30 and still has a base salary of over $8 million in 2021, it’s pretty obvious that the transitioning Eagles are likely going to move on.

Trading or releasing Ertz before June 1 would save the Eagles nearly $5 million in much-needed cap space.

How much value does Ertz have? That’s not easy to figure out. He declined last season is now over 30 and it’s pretty clear that the Eagles want to move on, so they don’t have a ton of leverage here. But if Ertz goes to the right situation, there’s a chance he could end up once again being a productive player.

The two landing spots mentioned in the SI.com report make sense for different reasons. Why the Colts still have Jack Doyle under contract, Trey Burton is going to be an unrestricted free agent and Mo Alie-Cox is going to be a restricted free agent. Ertz is obviously familiar with head coach Frank Reich, so that landing spot would work for several reasons.

And the Seahawks could use some help at the position. In 2020, they had Jacob Hollister (25 catches, 209 yards, 3 TDs), Will Dissly (24 catches, 251 yards, 2 TDs), Greg Olsen (24 catches, 239 yards, 1 TD) and Colby Parkinson (2 catches, 16 yards) at tight end. Olsen retired and Hollister is going to be a free agent. So unless the Seahawks are really expecting Parkinson, a Stanford product like Ertz, to really improve in 2021, then that would be a logical landing spot for Ertz too