2021 Cap set at $180M Minimum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even $12-14 is a colossal waste of money. And a DE in our 3-4 is far from our biggest need he will provide some pass rush but not any more than we could get from resigning Floyd for less or another edge to line up behind AD. Plus the signing of Watt requires us to trade a very good player or two. A guy like Melvin Ingram who will cost the same or less than what you're thinking Watt goes for and is a position of need, with his recent injuries might even be less plus he can stay in LA and chase a ring. You're also thinking JJ Watt a ranch boy from Wisconsin is going to chase the LA lifestyle when his family and his wife's work is in the midwest.

Watt is a significantly better pass rusher than Floyd and would easily be worth $12-$14 million. He would provide a lot more than Floyd and would rush from the same position as Floyd in sub packages.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Watt is a significantly better pass rusher than Floyd and would easily be worth $12-$14 million. He would provide a lot more than Floyd and would rush from the same position as Floyd in sub packages.
I can see it now 32 year old JJ Watt with no knees left standing up at the OLB spot on third down. Sure to inspire fear in opposing OC's.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can see it now 32 year old JJ Watt with no knees left standing up at the OLB spot on third down. Sure to inspire fear in opposing OC's.

He'd be rushing off the edge on third down, even if his stance is different. They're not technically the same but both would be edge rushers in passing situations.

The knee comment is just dramatic - he was better than Floyd last year. One guy just played with AD and the other didn't.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Two minute highlight video of Floyd for the Rams last year pretty sure I didn't see a single 3 or 4 point stance.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkRNhyIkC8Y

A minute and a half vid of Watt 2020 and don't he wasn't in a 3 or 4 point stance. They're not the same.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP4luVC6Bl0

For this defense, IMO;

Floyd > Watt

Floyd is better on the move, quicker, and makes the edge harder to get around. Watt may have a few more pass rush moves, but I’d prefer the package Floyd brings.

He was phenominal last year pivoting quick from pass rush to defending runs and rollouts.

Considering he was playing for a contract, Floyd played his assignments well too... not just hunting for sacks/stats.

I love Floyd in this defense. LOVE him.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For this defense, IMO;

Floyd > Watt

Floyd is better on the move, quicker, and makes the edge harder to get around. Watt may have a few more pass rush moves, but I’d prefer the package Floyd brings.

He was phenominal last year pivoting quick from pass rush to defending runs and rollouts.

Considering he was playing for a contract, Floyd played his assignments well too... not just hunting for sacks/stats.

I love Floyd in this defense. LOVE him.

Can't wrap my mind around that.

Floyd was about the same as Fowler IMO. Floyd better against the run, Fowler better pass rusher. We've seen Fowler before and after AD, we've seen Floyd before AD and the one game where AD was rendered ineffective he was a JAG.

Watt or not - that information is enough for me to not pay Floyd.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Can't wrap my mind around that.

Floyd was about the same as Fowler IMO. Floyd better against the run, Fowler better pass rusher. We've seen Fowler before and after AD, we've seen Floyd before AD and the one game where AD was rendered ineffective he was a JAG.

Watt or not - that information is enough for me to not pay Floyd.

I don’t think we can compete for Floyd. We don’t go after Watt either, IMO

My guess; we try to find another Floyd... guy on prove it deal, or linebacker out there somewhere that could do it.