2020 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm betting that we trade our 4th round pick back today maybe even to pick up a pick next year.

I somewhat expect a trade back in 4th hoping for a 5th this year, maybe for that kicker @flv and I see coming.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
609520593.jpg

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yeah, big possibility that we try and trade back to pick up a 5th, that said, this is the least amount of trading I think I've ever seen in a draft as a whole. I'm sure the current situation is hindering trade offers though. Forgot that we traded away 2 6th round picks this year. One for Jalen and one for... Peters maybe? Peters trade still goes down as one of the worst ever. Yeah, we needed the money for Ramsey, but Peters is a pro bowl corner and we essentially had to pay someone to take him?!?

Memphis Ram

Legend
I think Curtis Weaver could become an awesome Mike LB

I would be very happy if they traded up for him by trading away the 2021 3rd round compensatory pick

Gee. I think Weaver woud be an awful Mike LB. Especially in todays game where he'd have to offer something in coverage.

But, if that kid can go from 300+ pounds to where he is now, to an even lighter weight and prove to be able to do it, he'd be the talk of NFL circles.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I just hope everybody can hold their water. Our guys have this under control. I hope we are able to trade back and still get who we are targeting.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Geez, the Vikings are going to be trading up every chance they get, 13 damn picks!

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Gee. I think Weaver woud be an awful Mike LB. Especially in todays game where he'd have to offer something in coverage.

But, if that kid can go from 300+ pounds to where he is now, to an even lighter weight and prove to be able to do it, he'd be the talk of NFL circles.

Gee, does this count. We have disagreed before and it turned out you were wrong :ROFLMAO:

Weaver led Boise State and finished among the national leaders with 18.5 tackles for loss and 13.5 sacks (52 total tackles, one interception, three pass breakups).

He tested well at LB at the combine where it was noted he has soft weight

That said, perhaps i put too much store in a MIKE who can take on guards and tackle people on and around the line of scrimmage

As for modern game, Pittsburgh and New England seem to fair pretty well using a thumper at MiKE who can help control the line of scrimmage

Last edited:

…..

Legend
Welcome to the new guy on the Offensive Line that we select today.

side note- kickers are to be free agents and never drafted.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dammit. I was hoping he might be there for us ADG

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
We need an ILB and some depth on the online. Maybe we can find a starting tackle or guard. We need to find whits replacement or at least play the numbers game if Boom doesn't work out

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well fantastic. 49ers got Trent freaking Williams for a 5th round pick.....

Ram65

Legend
That stinks. Not going to go over well here. Any place else but, the freakin' whiners.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good, let him take up the Niners medical teams time and miner money for being in a body cast 90% of the time

Memphis Ram

Legend
Gee, does this count. We have disagreed before and it turned out you we’re wrong.

That said, perhaps i put too much store in a MIKE tackling people on and around the line of scrimmage.

Weaver led Boise State and finished among the national leaders with 18.5 tackles for loss and 13.5 sacks (52 total tackles, one interception, three pass breakups).

As for modern game, Pittsburgh and Nee England seem to fair pretty well using a thumper at MiKE who can help control the line of scrimmage

Can't recall these disagreements in the past, but Ok.

Weaver is a pass rusher whose weakness is playing the run and pass coverage at his current position. So the switching to MIKE doesn't seem to be a good fit to me. But, we can agree to disagree.