2020 NFL Draft: Rounds 2-3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Jefferson owned the senior bowl. If you don’t get caught up on straight line speed, the kidvid the full package

Jefferson owned it even if you do get caught up on straight line speed. Part of this was posted elsewhere but here's a bit more:

"[Senior Bowl Director] Nagy, with the help of Zebra Technology, produced a top speed of 21.05 miles per hour [for Jefferson] during Senior Bowl practices in January - the fastest speed on hand during the event. The three highest following Jefferson - Texas wide receiver Devin Duvernay (20.90 MPH), Baylor wide receiver Denzel Mims (20.26 MPH), and Memphis hybrid running back/wide receiver Antonio Gibson (20.15 MPH) - all posted 40 yard dash times of 4.39 seconds or better at the Combine in February."

Not sure how Jefferson would time in a 40, but it appears he has more than enough on the field speed.

What I really like though are his cuts, which are going to torment db's.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Would have loved to come out of today with a couple of sure thing starters from day one. I love the talent, but we got complementary pieces (for this year at least).

Akers is part of a committee with Henderson and Brown (although hopefully getting the lion's share of the carries)

Jefferson is a good player, but is likely our third or more likely our fourth receiver.

Lewis starts at situational pass rusher, at least until he can prove he's healthy.

Burgess is really good, but plays as third safety or nickel for this year.

Four talented players, but no sure thing starters on a team that needed a few. If they could somehow add Biadasz and Dye tomorrow, I'll be thrilled. But think it's a stretch to get one, let alone both.
I think Akers starts almost immediately and Jefferson will become the third WR not long into the season. They are very pro ready. They will be starters, not rotational or complementary pieces.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Jefferson owned it even if you do get caught up on straight line speed. Part of this was posted elsewhere but here's a bit more:

"[Senior Bowl Director] Nagy, with the help of Zebra Technology, produced a top speed of 21.05 miles per hour [for Jefferson] during Senior Bowl practices in January - the fastest speed on hand during the event. The three highest following Jefferson - Texas wide receiver Devin Duvernay (20.90 MPH), Baylor wide receiver Denzel Mims (20.26 MPH), and Memphis hybrid running back/wide receiver Antonio Gibson (20.15 MPH) - all posted 40 yard dash times of 4.39 seconds or better at the Combine in February."

Not sure how Jefferson would time in a 40, but it appears he has more than enough on the field speed.

Awesome post

Thanks, I missed that. NFL comparison? Issac Bruce??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I know some people are frustrated over the OL, but I have two points. First, there's good news. Tyler Biadasz, Ben Bartch, Prince Tega Wanogho, Netane Muti, Saahdiq Charles, and some other talented OLs are still available. Second, our cupboard isn't as bare as we think. Last year, we were besieged by injuries and inexperience. Our guys had time to grow and build some continuity. The Rams typically only keep 8 or 9 OLs on the roster. Take a look at our list of OLs:
1. Big Whit
2. Hav
3. Blythe
4. Edwards
5. Evans
6. Corbett
7. Noteboom (Maybe PUP?)
8. Allen
9. Brewer
10. Shelton

We actually have a surprising amount of depth. The question is how good our starting five will be. But the truth is that a rookie OL is unlikely to be a magic fix if our starting five aren't up to snuff, and if they are, the rookie OL may not even see the field. Basically, we may not be in as bad a spot as people think.

No Shit Jerry32 !!! I’m sure your at least close to 40 by now.

BEEN SAYING that since December.

1. Demby is going into his 3rd year & still developing.He got cut & is slow footed.He has a hard time processing things & The NFL still moves to fast for him. Still with hard work can improve a lot.He still is very young & has the size & skill set to be a quality NFL player. I think he will be. A guy like Gecko comes to mind from years past.

2., 3., 4., I could go on & on. Most around here don’t even both with
the reality of it.

Your a wealth of knowledge on players. A draft guy 24/7.

I’m a Ram fan. Snisher,McSnead guy.I dig McSnead a lot & look forward to watching there videos of this whole week a few times. They really bring it from the heart. Les is great & Mcvay try’s to be truthful with TOTAL respect of his players & coaching staff.

I know you were a huge Copper Kupp fan & in 2017 were happy with the pick.

Go to 2018 & this draft class has not played out. I think the old cliché of it
takes 3 years to know about a draft class can’t be said enough here. Mainly because as you said,it’s hard to
start an offensive lineman.OBo & Kiser
Are going to be key plays on D” & yes both we’re excellent value picks.

2019 — Add more offensive lineman & Brewer as a cherry on top. Talk about rookies & then add JR’s who came out early.Bobby Evens & Edwards would be first round picks in 2020. Now add there experience as Rams. This is the picture most are missing. Then add Corbett next to Whitworth & the continuity with Austin Blythe??

—Going back to 2017 when The Rams traded back for Everett & getting JJ for free. Then drafting Copper Kupp.
—No Offensive Lineman Drafted & Worse depth then The Rams have
now.
—Not knowing Kromer only kept 8 offensive lineman in 2018 & cut Demby. —Allen & Noteboom rookies
we’re the depth.
—Then Noteboom & Allen started with
Edwards & Evens ???

I LMAO at how all of a sudden the experience of McSnead(Kromers) draft
classes are not seen,& then waste more draft picks to it with less experience??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams have a lot of invested in unknown. A lot of lineman on offense either had injury shortened years or are unproven. But a lot of quantity there. Same at ILB. Lot of guys there on squad without the game reps. Is there more than meets the eye? We don’t know.

real true with the Offensive Lineman

NOT so much at LBer OBO & Kiser both need to step up for the 2018 draft class to come together. Lawler & Howard are added pieces.

—John Franklin Myers
Vs S. Josep-Day ~good ol’ 69

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
All this player talk is great, but our play calling may be the real issue. It seemed McVay lost his way most of last season.
Yeah i just feel like if this is still the root basis of our offense again in 2020 we're in trouble...again. Disguising the playbook via 11 personnel play action is played out.
LAR1.gif

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Count me in the "trade up for Ezra Cleveland" camp.

Other players I would be delighted to see in horns later tonight:

Laviska Shenault, Tee Higgins, Johnathan Taylor, Michael Pittman, Cam Akers, Zach Baun, Lloys Cushenberry.

We are in a great spot with 4 picks today, some great players will be available.

Van Jefferson...? I love me this years WRs.

Jefferson and Akers - y'all can call me nostradamus. We will forget about the dozen other names I threw out lol.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Again, don't disagree that they are good. I'm not being negative here. I also think we are in a good place. I just would have liked some sure thing starters (from day one), which were there for us to get, and we didn't.

These are all talented players. Absolutely agree. As an aside, we did have some actual holes - inside and outside backer, centre.

I'm not trying to be disagreeable. Just putting a fine point on what I mean.
I understand your position and in fact thought we drafted away from need. After sleeping on it we obviously are not sold on our backfield so there goes our 52nd. We do need depth at WR and we drafted a potential starter quality player. Edge was a need and we got that. Safety was another place we needed depth.

The problem with wanted surefire starters at the bottom of round 2 and beyond is by the end of the 2nd only 50% ever start and that ratio drops dramatically when you add in start 40 games or more. So reality is you look for contributors and hope for starters but to rely on starters defies the odds

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Yeah i just feel like if this is still the root basis of our offense again in 2020 we're in trouble...again. Disguising the playbook via 11 personnel play action is played out.

This is my biggest fear as well, Actually over all the potential player needs, questions on defense etc....This stands out as my biggest concern

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
The pick was already in at that point.

They were showing delayed reactions all draft so im guessing that when we saw mcvays hands down winner of the unhappiest draft reaction it was before the rams pick was in.

I was as stunned as he appeared to be since denver had recently resigned their starting center McGovern, who I think was the best center in FA and my favorite offensive target.

The broncos actually did what i had hoped the rams would do; Sign mcgovern and then draft ruiz or cushenberry and let their camp battle decide who would be center and who would be guard in September.

Still cant believe we didnt get a center. I mean at least harris or pinter would have been a good late pick.

I think the rams are really rolling the dice on this and I hope it works out but if they have the same abysmal play at center this season im gonna lose alot of respect for their ability to evaluate oline talent.

In 4 drafts they have fielded no picks that are even average starters and they let saffold get away. Signing whit and sullivan were easy decisions based on their careers so im not giving them much credit for that. Hell, I wanted whit when he was a free agent during fishers reign.

Overall i like the players we drafted but i dont know how you dont add even one player in FA or the first 6 rounds of the draft when your oline ends the season ranked 31st and your top 2 running backs will have a combined experience of 39 carries in the NFL.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'd say around a 4.50, give or take 0.05 seconds.