2020 Injury Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Strongly disagree on Daniel Jones. Live in NY so I have to watch a ton of Giants and Jets games.

Jones can really throw it, and is a plus-athlete. Can force the ball at times, will keep his focus downfield. That focus is generally a good thing but it can result in getting the ball stripped.

Also has a great demeanor.

Little experience and improved pocket presence; plus better supporting talent, and Daniel Jones will be a top-tier-QB in my opinion.

I guess I just see too much of the negative highlights, listen to sour Giants fans and read New York articles calling for him to be benched.

I guess that doesn’t always tell the whole story.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I guess I just see too much of the negative highlights, listen to sour Giants fans and read New York articles calling for him to be benched.

I guess that doesn’t always tell the whole story.

New York fans tend to be too extreme ... everything is either great or a total disaster ... nothing in-between. This is especially true of Jets' fans who are mostly insane. I grew up in Queens when the Jets played at Shea Stadium. These people were my friends and family.

I kid-you-not ... fucking lunatics.

Although both clubs are 0-2, the Giants have been competitive despite not having a talented roster. Giants fans are a little beat-up. Over the past three seasons the Giants have the worst record in the NFL.

The Jets just look terrible. Non-competitive, and players have criticized that practices are too slow and lack focus. Adam Gase is getting destroyed here but the owner insists he is an offensive genius. Unfortunately, Sam Darnold is taking a lot of heat. Darnold has not looked good but he has almost no talent around him.

Darnold's top three receivers projected to be Breshad Perriman, Jamison Crowder and rookie Denzel Mims. Not an exciting group. However, due to injuries that threesome has combined to play 4-out-of-24 quarters through two games. Darnold has been on the run most every time he has dropped-back but the fans are on him much more than a below-average O-Line. The defense's two best players were Jamal Adams and C.J. Mosley. Adams forced his way out of NY via trade, and Mosley was a COVID-opt-out.

Ram65

Legend
Although both clubs are 0-2, the Giants have been competitive despite not having a talented roster. Giants fans are a little beat-up. Over the past three seasons the Giants have the worst record in the NFL.

Can they beat a beat-up Whiners team?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Can they beat a beat-up Whiners team?
The Giants OL is just average, and Jones is prone to turn the ball-over a couple times, especially when pressured.

Without, Bosa and Solomon Thomas ... not sure about Dee Ford ... the Niners' pass rush should be less dominant.

I think the Giants have a good chance to win but it's difficult for me to analyze a game where I dislike a team. And I hate the 49ers.

Ram65

Legend
The Giants OL is just average, and Jones is prone to turn the ball-over a couple times, especially when pressured.

Without, Bosa and Solomon Thomas ... not sure about Dee Ford ... the Niners' pass rush should be less dominant.

I think the Giants have a good chance to win but it's difficult for me to analyze a game where I dislike a team. And I hate the 49ers.

Ford is out too. I guess the Giants have a chance. I hate the Whiners too. It would be great to see the Giants sent them to 1-2!

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
New York fans tend to be too extreme ... everything is either great or a total disaster ... nothing in-between. This is especially true of Jets' fans who are mostly insane. I grew up in Queens when the Jets played at Shea Stadium. These people were my friends and family.

I kid-you-not ... fucking lunatics.

The Jets just look terrible. Non-competitive, and players have criticized that practices are too slow and lack focus. Adam Gase is getting destroyed here but the owner insists he is an offensive genius. Unfortunately, Sam Darnold is taking a lot of heat. Darnold has not looked good but he has almost no talent around him.

Darnold's top three receivers projected to be Breshad Perriman, Jamison Crowder and rookie Denzel Mims. Not an exciting group. However, due to injuries that threesome has combined to play 4-out-of-24 quarters through two games. Darnold has been on the run most every time he has dropped-back but the fans are on him much more than a below-average O-Line. The defense's two best players were Jamal Adams and C.J. Mosley. Adams forced his way out of NY via trade, and Mosley was a COVID-opt-out.

The Jets sound like the Jeff Fisher, Sam Bradford offense. But they had some good defense. I still think Fisher should have gone back to being a DC. It was his best version of him..

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The Jets sound like the Jeff Fisher, Sam Bradford offense. But they had some good defense. I still think Fisher should have gone back to being a DC. It was his best version of him..
Yes, except Adam Gase is an offensive coach who was hired to do for Sam Darnold what McVay has done for Goff ... develop him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It doesn’t take much success in this league to be labeled a genius.

It doesn't take long to fall from grace either and Gase has done that. Peyton Manning had high praise for Gase and IMO, he should have passed on the Jet job and hooked up with a Veteran Head Coach as the OC and learned from him. Like Mike Tomlin or Pete Carroll for example, however, they would of had to had openings on their staff.

Gase will be fired this year and the Jets who could have had Matt Rhule last year and would not hire him because Rhule wanted to hire his staff, but the Jets for some odd reason always want to control the Head Coach and that is why they continue to lose.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Oh, damn. Hits keep coming for the Broncos. If they're lucky, they'll suck enough to get Penei Sewell (Oregon offensive tackle). Their problem is that they lack a great offensive tackle who can protect Lock. They're still playing Garrett Bolles.