2020 Injury Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I was so against signing him but there were people insisting around here he'd be great for us. Guy's made a living off one play in college, he's got amazing physical abilities but he's never translated that onto the field other than being decent against the run.

Reminds me of another defensive guy who made a living off 1 play in college but never lived up to it. Quentin Coryatt. Remember that hit on the RB? Dude was so average in the pros... if he was even that. Of course he never had Clowney's talent.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
That means he's popular with the voters not a great player worthy of AD/Mack type money.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Six year career with 32 sacks and is a good run defender who's missed time every year of his career but once does not deserve anything near AD/Mack money. That's what the whole conversation you joined in on was about. I couldn't care less what others think my opinion is somebody who's put forth the numbers on the field that he has does not deserve to be paid as one of the best defenders in the game because he isn't one of the best defenders in the game.

Psycho_X

Legend
Clowney's agent did him a real disservice if they were convincing him he was going to get top tier money. A team would have probably given him a solid long term contract in the offseason if Clowney's camp lowered their expectations but they stuck to this weird idea that he would garner top money. Clowney doesn't seem to be too serious about taking care of himself and he's always had some questions around his knees. I don't know why any team would give him a long term contract at all now. He's going to have to play on another one year prove it deal when he could have had a decent long term contract this past offseason. Screwed him out of what... $30-50 guaranteed millions maybe?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was so against signing him but there were people insisting around here he'd be great for us. Guy's made a living off one play in college, he's got amazing physical abilities but he's never translated that onto the field other than being decent against the run.

Ever see his predraft interviews? He seemed to be stoned. That’s a big red flag for me. Some of the biggest moments in a guys life and he can’t stay away from weed for a few weeks?

Six year career with 32 sacks and is a good run defender who's missed time every year of his career but once does not deserve anything near AD/Mack money. That's what the whole conversation you joined in on was about. I couldn't care less what others think my opinion is somebody who's put forth the numbers on the field that he has does not deserve to be paid as one of the best defenders in the game because he isn't one of the best defenders in the game.

I’d rather have Floyd or Fowler and neither were asking for AD money

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Friday's NFL injury and roster news for Week 15

Friday's NFL injury and roster news for Week 15
Published: Dec 18, 2020 at 11:48 AM
NFLShield

Around the NFL Staff
nfl.com

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be without a staple of their high-powered offense Sunday.
Left tackle Donovan Smith has been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list and will be unavailable versus the Falcons. Smith announced Friday morning he's in self-quarantine after having close contact with a family member who recently tested positive for COVID-19, leaving him out of a crucial Week 15 bout that Tampa Bay (8-5) needs to improve its playoff prospects.
"I wish I could be out there with my guys for this important game, but I understand and respect the protocols that have been put in place for the safety of our players, coaches and staff," Smith said in a statement.
The Bucs' blindside protector has started all 92 games he's played in over his six-year career, missing just one contest during that span. Coach Bruce Arians said utility tackle Josh Wells will fill in for Smith, just as he did last year in Week 15 versus the Lions.
Tampa Bay removed punter Bradley Pinion, kicker Ryan Succop and long snapper Zach Triner from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
Here's other news, injuries and transactions we're tracking on Friday:
  • Atlanta Falcons coach Raheem Morris said wide receiver Julio Jones (hamstring) will be out for a second straight week against the Buccaneers.
  • Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson said cornerback Darius Slay is still in the concussion protocol. The team placed offensive tackle Jack Driscoll and cornerback Avonte Maddox on injured reserve.
  • The New York Giants designated running back Devonta Freeman (ankle/hamstring), who's on injured reserve and came off the reserve/COVID-19 list Thursday, to return to practice.
  • New York Jets pass rusher Jordan Jenkins is having surgery to repair a torn labrum and dislocated shoulder on Tuesday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. The impending free agent had been playing through the injuries since Week 3. Coach Adam Gase said wide receiver Jamison Crowder (calf) will be limited at practice and questionable against the Rams on Sunday.
  • Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford (ribs) is questionable for Sunday versus the Titans after being limited in practice Friday. Interim coach Darrell Bevell assured Stafford would make the trip. Wide receiver Kenny Golladay (hip) has again been ruled out.
  • The Chicago Bears restored offensive lineman LaCale London to the practice squad from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
  • New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees is on track to return this weekend after missing four games due to a rib injury, per Rapoport.
  • Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Sidney Jones (Achilles) has been ruled out versus the Ravens.
  • Cleveland Browns guard Wyatt Teller has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Giants. Coach Kevin Stefanski said Teller is "week to week'" with his ankle injury. Tight ends David Njoku (knee) and Austin Hooper (neck) and cornerbacks Denzel Ward and Kevin Johnson are all questionable, though Stefanski said he expects Ward and Hooper to play.
  • The Los Angeles Rams placed tackle Bobby Evans and defensive back Nick Scott on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
  • New York Giants cornerback Darnay Holmes (knee) has been ruled out versus the Browns. Quarterback Daniel Jones (hamstring/ankle), tight end Evan Engram (calf) and tight end Kaden Smith (knee) are questionable
  • Chicago Bears linebacker Khalil Mack and tight end Jimmy Graham are questionable for Sunday versus the Vikings.
  • Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich said punter Rigoberto Sanchez, just two weeks out from undergoing surgery to remove a cancerous tumor, will play Sunday versus the Texans. Defensive tackle DeForest Buckner (ankle) did not practice Friday and is listed as questionable. Offensive tackle Anthony Castonzo (knee) is also questionable.
  • Miami Dolphins tight end Mike Gesicki and wide receivers Jakeem Grant and DeVante Parker are questionable for Sunday versus the Patriots.
  • Arizona Cardinals kicker Zane Gonzalez (back) is out for Sunday versus the Eagles, paving the way for Mike Nugent to be elevated from the practice squad. Running back Chase Edmonds (ankle) and cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (hamstring) are questionable.
  • Tennessee Titans safety Kenny Vaccaro (illness) and cornerback Adoree' Jackson (knee) are questionable for Sunday versus the Lions.
  • San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Deebo Samuel has been ruled out for Sunday versus the Cowboys and linebacker Fred Warner (stinger) are questionable. Running back Raheem Mostert (ankle) does not have a game designation and is good to go, per coach Kyle Shanahan.
  • Seattle Seahawks defensive end Carlos Dunlap (foot) and offensive tackle Brandon Shell (ankle) are questionable for Sunday against Washington.
  • The Baltimore Ravens announced wide receivers coach David Culley will not coach Sunday versus the Jaguars due to illness. He will be replaced by assistant coach Craig Ver Steeg.